Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: VILLA 6.0: THIS TIME, LET'S DIE FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 23560 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Re: VILLA 6.0: THIS TIME, LET'S DIE FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
*Bullet bounces off armor*

Your little firecracker can't hurt me!

*Stabs harry in the left shoulder.*  8)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 07:37:55 AM »
Harry T_T

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »
Gunlord!

Here's 10 shots of whiskey!

*pours shots for Gunlord*

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
+1
Let it be known that I beat the original Castlevania for the first time on 10/10/10!

The drinks are on me today!
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »
HA!

I beat Castlevania way back in march-may 2007. (WITH NO CHEATS)

TAKE THAT!  8)

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2010, 03:43:02 AM »
+1
I don't remember the first time I beat the original game. It was quite some time ago.

As a matter of fact I can actually get to the 6th stage without dying. The most troublesome segment for me being those bridge like platforms guarded by the Giant Bats / First boss enemies, that particular area always gives me trouble every time.

Nice establishment you got here.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Yeah, It would be better if certain people POST MOAR.  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2010, 10:11:06 AM »
+1
HA!

I beat Castlevania way back in march-may 2007. (WITH NO CHEATS)

TAKE THAT!  8)

I didn't cheat. Except for savestating before death, God he was hard, I don't think he's possible without holy water.

And yeah, that part at the Bridge sucked. I didn't know how much easier that part was if you just rush past the bats.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
+1
Is your username base on your real name or am I supposed to be misreading it as Hairy Combs?

Is this supposed to be subliminal messaging I'm not aware of and yet is actually happening?

Who knows?

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
+1
Is your username base on your real name or am I supposed to be misreading it as Hairy Combs?

Is this supposed to be subliminal messaging I'm not aware of and yet is actually happening?

Who knows?

Harry Combs isn't my real name. Its actually the name of an American physicist whose name is wonderfully ironic (harry combs, hairy combs). So yeah, there is no real meaning behind it.

Franz Kafka

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »
He might actually have a pair of hairy combs in his bathroom....  :P :P :P

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:39 PM »
+1
Hmm, interesting what's this?

I notice you are playing one of my most favorite Genesis games of all time. It's always good to see Phantasy Star IV fans on this forum.

I also notice that fellow dungeon member shelverton. has a Rune avatar and sig, so this seeing your sig gave me the opportunity to bring it up.

Which makes me wish Reiko Kodama actually released a Phantasy Star V that had the gameplay conventions and traditional turn based combat system that was present before those slew of Online based Phantasy Star games came along.

Oh well, I can always dream.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Oh, I got lazy and I haven't updated that from early march this year.  :P

Yes, Sega needs to make Phantasy star 5.

They also need to get all three episodes of Shining force 3 over here and make a REAL shining force 4.  >:(

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2010, 12:46:06 AM »
+1
Oh yes totally agree with that Shining Force 3 with all 3 scenarios.

Way back in 2004 or was it 2005, I was anticipating the release of the new Shining Force Neo game to come out and to my great displeasure it turned out be another mediocre hack 'n' slash dungeon crawler much like Shining Tears or those GBA Shining Soul titles.

It might be in Sega's interest to outsource development to Camelot Software and let them handle the development of a new Shining Force title. I mean it was Camelot / Climax that did the development for Shining Force 1, CD, 2, and the three Scenarios of Shining Force 3, also several miscellaneous Shining titles such as Shining in the Darkness, Shining Wisdom, Shining the Holy Ark.

This was at a time when Camelot was known as Sonic! Software Planning and the former Climax Entertainment is now called Matrix Software which are responsible for developing the Alundra series (which you can see it's influence in character designs, text boxes, and gameplay is reminiscent of earlier Camelot / Climax developed titles such as Landstalker for instance.

Still I think they still have a partnership with Nintendo for the Golden Sun series. Another thing I find very, very interesting is that Camelot's Takahashi Brothers have also recently contemplated developing a title in the Breath of Fire series for Capcom, which is something I think I would certainly like to see if it does ever happen.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
I have a question.

How do you get new games to show up on backloggery in your sig?  ???

Tags:

anything