Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Alucard and Dracula DXC vocice pack I made for Castlevania The Arcade.  (Read 2092 times)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
this is a WIP but has the story demo, first two endings for The Vampire killer and Lady Gunner. has all stages narrated by Alucard instead of the no name guy. also I did my best to Clone Dracula from the DXC to replace the Dracula that isn't the best IMHO. I had very little audio to clone with tho, so it's ok not perfect. I Translated the Japanese Subtitles and used it for his script because I didn't like the English version. I did change it a bit to make the English flow better. but it's pretty much the meaning they had. here's a play through I did of it sorry it's a bit low. my first time recording a game on my pc. but the game is a bit low as well. check it out see if you want to play with the voices.

https://youtu.be/Trj0_-8NY2w

here are the wav files to replace in your Castlevania The Arcade folder.

https://mega.nz/file/unY2AKCb#bdb6uVBkAjx4NS1qQnlV-P2R7AmkNtDU5ikm_8zwxsM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 01:41:30 AM by mgfcortez »

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
new youtube video for Castlevania The Arcade full Alucard and DXC voices with sound effect for Dracula with all endings and new lines for Death.

https://youtu.be/ek2BapprHCM

I think I edited the mega download to get the full finished voice pack to put in your game files. a mod can delete this post if they want I posted it in fan stuff for the full 100% voice pack. I hope people enjoy. wish someone whould post to at least say what they think of it.  :(
I did a lot of work to make this oh well

here's the new download if I didn't edit it in the first topic above.
https://mega.nz/file/unY2AKCb#bdb6uVBkAjx4NS1qQnlV-P2R7AmkNtDU5ikm_8zwxsM

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I haven't played this game yet however I did see the video. If there was no real voice acting for the game previously, then I feel that you've succeeded with what little you had to work with. The voice audio sounds a bit grainy but it works. Did you per chance use that AI thingy to bring about a more complete Narration?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I haven't played this game yet however I did see the video. If there was no real voice acting for the game previously, then I feel that you've succeeded with what little you had to work with. The voice audio sounds a bit grainy but it works. Did you per chance use that AI thingy to bring about a more complete Narration?

well they were a voice that did the narration before, and Dracula but I used AI to clone the voice of Alucard and Dracula from DXC because there was 5 games he did, tracked down all the audio so I could clone Dracula. the more audio you have the better the clone voice works, like in SOTN Alucard has 5 minutes of audio while everyone else has like a minute to 2 minutes, and when you try to clone them mostly sucks. even after scrapping together all the audio for Dracula it didn't clone as good as Alucard. so cloned hundreds of times and got mostly trash but got a few lines that sounded ok.

far as the old English voices I think it was more of a proof of concept that they could do an English dub. because they never used the dub but they were in the game folders, and it is the only files that are unprotected. the Japanese files are in another format so you can't play them or edit them. so my guess the English was a WIP proof of concept. something they could edit and change and they just never deleted it or converted it over to the other format.

but the English voice was ok, this is just something to chance it up, I do believe with the new sound effects for Dracula and the new voice it makes the fight better. but Death didn't have no lines that was the only lines I added to get him to talk, and translated the Japanese subtitles because the Dracula speech wasn't too good in English IMO. so my Dracula is what the Japanese script said, but change just a bit to flow better in English.

far as the voices being grainy well I made the louder to go with the music, but maybe I should had just knocked the music down. because the music seems to drowned out the voices otherwise.

anyway it's just something to liven up the game, you can watch other play throughs and see if you like the older voices better. take care and thanks for the reply.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
far as the voices being grainy well I made the louder to go with the music, but maybe I should had just knocked the music down. because the music seems to drowned out the voices otherwise.

This has always been an unfortunate issue with sound. Increasing the volume tends to lean towards a loss of quality, whereas decreasing the volume doesn't seem to sacrifice any quality. But over all it was good.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: