Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)  (Read 487282 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania Judgement for Wii is a FIGHTER!?!?
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2008, 08:32:35 AM »
hmm do i get the game or continue with castlevnaia chars in soul calibur 3, soon to be 4, aw well like i said i'll buy the game if its good keep it, if not i'll trade it in at ebgames
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

BradCthulhu

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:01 AM »
In Reply To #4

No...your game actually looks a lot better (2d fighters will always win against 3d fighters), and I'm willing to bet it will play a lot better, too (as well as have a better storyline).  So...I wouldn't cancel it, personally.  Too much hard work went into it.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2008, 08:52:19 AM »
In Reply To #4

No...your game actually looks a lot better (2d fighters will always win against 3d fighters), and I'm willing to bet it will play a lot better, too (as well as have a better storyline).  So...I wouldn't cancel it, personally.  Too much hard work went into it.

i don't know anything about it, but i'm willing to bet your characters at least look like they belong in castlevania, and not some random square-enix game.....

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2008, 10:01:56 AM »
They better make Pumpkin a playable character...
 :P   

BradCthulhu

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »
Everything old is new again.  Examples:

Contra fans received Contra 4, a game that did the series justice by taking it back to its roots.

Mega Man fans will receive Mega Man 9, a "new NES game."  Simple gameplay, simple graphics, simple story--another case of a series going back to its roots.

Bionic Commando fans will receive Bionic Commando: Rearmed, a game that retains the NES version's play mechanics (for the most part) and story (for the most part) but has vastly updated graphics.  Yet another game going back to its origin.

Final Fantasy fans are receiving Dissidia, a fighting game with Final Fantasy characters.  While Nomura is in charge of most of the designs, the characters will retain their classic looks (especially those drawn by Amano).  Artistically, we're back-tracking once again to the origin.

MGS4: a game that concludes the series and, as such, logically must bend back upon itself in terms of plot to achieve such ends.  There are nods to the origin throughout the game.

...and then we have this game.

My take:

In an age where developers are finally starting to understand that you can't know where you're going if you don't remember where you've been, IGA is throwing us this curveball.  Can it be a good game?  Sure.  IGA has made more than a few good CV games in the past (at least as many good games as bad).  Will it be a good game?  Probably not.  The character designs aren't bad because they're new; they're bad because they bring nothing new to the table and yet still manage to completely disregard any possibilities of nostalgia.  Really, all I see is Soul Calibur: Castlevania Edition.  Just because the Castlevania name has been slapped onto something doesn't mean it's a good game, let alone a good Castlevania game...

I'll certainly wait to clock in more heavily until more information is released, but as of right now, I'm seeing a bunch of retro sagas getting their due and Castlevania--once again--being left in the dust.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2008, 11:10:24 AM »
So, I saw this yesterday and didn't want to post until I had time to think about it.

My first reaction was like many others here.  Confusion, a little annoyance, a dash of intrigue.  It was a lot to process.  Iga was right when he said we were in for a surprise.

Well, it's been a while, and I've slept since then.  So here is my official reaction.  Bring it on.  The game itself, the idea behind it, I am totally for.  I do want a Castlevania fighter.  I think most of us do in some way, why else are there threads about who could beat who in the cv universe and who is more powerful. 

But if it's going to be successful I think it needs to accomplish a few things.

1. The controls can't be too difficult.  I'm not a big fan of fighting games that require the use of all your fingers plus one more just to do some combo move.  I may be wrong, but I don't think the casual gamer is also.

2. The look and action may be different, but this is still Castlevania.  It needs to have awesome music.  And not just remakes or ports from the other games. I want new good music.

3. Variety.  There needs to be so many playable characters in this game that it makes games like Smash Bros and Chrono Cross look underpopulated.  And I don't mean just Belmonts. Simon, Trevor, Richter, Julius would all be great, hell even Sonia thrown in is ok.  But we don't need tons of whip wielding characters.  CV has enough character variety to keep my interest, as long as they are all used. Sypha, Grant, Death, Soma, Hammer, Joachim, Walter, Cornel, Henry Oldrey, Isaac, Hector. Not to mention all the monster characters it would kick ass to play as, Slogra and Gaibon anyone?  I think the non-continuity characters should be allowed also, since this doesn't seem to be canon.

So I guess I'm looking forward to this game, if for no other reason than for it's novelty.  Just imagine, Alucard and Simon get to finally fight.  The only real annoyance I have so far is with Simon's character design.  I didn't think the manly-est man in the CV universe could get much more gay than his Chronicles look.  But now he's wearing a jacket without a shirt and bicycle shorts.  Poor Simon.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
In Reply To #77

i was just kidding. the demo will be released at most during the talk like a pirate day, which is the final deadline, even if it'll have unfinished stuff in it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »
Looks like I'll have to buy a wii.

I look forward to wupping all your asses as Maxim.

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »
well, if it has one thing going for it, there's no way it'll be in continuity. let's face it, simon never met alucard and maria came along after he died(unless he somehow lived to see his great grandson grow up to be man...). plus if we're lucky there'll be extra costumes that include their original looks.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2008, 01:28:49 PM »
Good lord, you people bitch too much.  At least let the game suck honestly first.  As long as the gameplay is solid and great, then other than the artwork and those that constantly complain about it not being like 'normal' Castlevania games (but bitch about it being too stale now no less), I don't see why it be so terrible.

I'm just going to wait and see instead of jumping blindly into either conclusion about this game.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
Oh noooooooo........Castlevania a la street fighter? I don't think that i like this idea. I guess that IGA is thinking that that kind of Castlevania game is right for the wii and not a platform. Ourageous!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »
At this point, I

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2008, 02:09:52 PM »
Sometimes I wonder why some of you guys even bother posting in this forum.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »
because it's funny seeing some of you get your panties in a twist and post stuff like "y u bitching?! raaaaage >:(" like some people did on this page alone. :o

Tags:

anything