Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 (now with Pokemon X & Y!)  (Read 47754 times)

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »
+1
Hello,sorry for barging in :-\ but I also got black 2 as well. :)
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
Entered the Hall of fame on 10/19.

My team:

Samurott lv. 61
Magmar lv. 61
Sawsbuck lv. 61
Zoroark lv. 61
Ampharos lv. 61
Sandslash lv. 61

Currently leveling up my team to
(click to show/hide)

The best song in the game:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:45:40 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
+1
I am so confused. I'm an old-school Pokemon player thinking about getting back in the game. During the first generation, I competed in the North American mall tournament tour and won two badges, but during the Gold and Silver Era, I just didn't care for the flow of the game's map and early-in-the-game Pokemon selection, and basically gave up with my copy of Gold...

Ever since Diamond and Pearl, I've been thinking of coming back on board. But then Platinum hit, and then Black and White, and Black and White 2 hit in such close proximity. I actually like the starter Pokemon of the Diamond and Pearl generation a lot more than Black and White, but all the new features and visual effects from Black and White are pretty tempting. At the same time, we all know that a 3DS exclusive title is going to be coming up in a few years, so I don't know if I shouldn't just wait. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »
If anything, you should pick up a copy of heart gold version.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »
+1
If anything, you should pick up a copy of heart gold version.

You know, that actually might make the most sense. I'll miss the idea of more animation to the Pokemon...but I'll be able to pick up where I left off, so to speak, and a Ruby and Sapphire Remake may eventually come out, and then I can transition into that. Or do you think they'll skip remaking Ruby and Sapphire?

PS: I'd love it in a future game if the Pokemon could actually say their names. That's one simple feature of immersion they're still missing.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
They might remake it, but nothing's confirmed yet.

The Pokemon might be able to  speak their names in the 3DS generation.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2012, 07:04:05 AM »
They do that in poke park 2: Wonders Beyond.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »
What, no posting your team?  :(

C'mon Jorge, show the world your team!  >:(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
Haven't had power in four days, and with Assassin's Creed III arriving soon and my catching up with old DS titles, my PokeBlack2 has been placed aside from now.
Also, I don't even have two badges in that game.  It's gonna be a pain transferring all my Shiny pokemon from the first game to my 2nd game...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
Oh right, Hurricane Sandy happened.

How did your place fair in the storm?

As for me,
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
I survived.
Power was knocked out by an exploding transformer, one of many in my area, from Monday Evening, until Early Morning today.
No electricity meant no Cable Internet, no landline phone, and no hot water, and no house heating.  We had to sleep with many blankets and sweatshirts.
By day 3, the hot water stored in the water heater had dwindled, forcing us to boil water to bathe.
At least we had clean running water.

Things are OK now, though! :D  It felt like a camping trip that had gone for just a little too long.
I will be doing some PokeQuesting sometime next week. ;D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
I finished this hoping to play this and unlocked challenge mode. I was hoping to start the game over again on challenge mode but I guess you can't unless someone gives it to you at the start that doesn't happen.  :-\

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

That is all.  8)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2012, 12:45:32 PM »
Hey, question, as I'm still living in the GB era of Pokemon. How do Serial Numbers for special Pokemon Global Link promotions work? You buy the game with the serial number, then you have to go online with the DS? I have a DS Lite, so how would I go about this? Do I need an adapter, a public hotspot--what? EDIT: OR can I use the Wii has the hotspot, and load it from there to the DS Lite with local wifi, like you do DS Demos? (That'd be best for me). ALSO, do these serial numbers expire if I can't get all hooked up with the wifi stuff fast? Info appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:00:01 PM by RichterB »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2012, 08:15:07 PM »
I sent you this as  PM but I figured it's very useful information, so I'm gonna paste my response to this reply :P   :

INTERNET AND POKEMON
With Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) and Generation V (Black/White/Black2/White2), you get to use your NintendoDS/Nintendo3DS's online connection (using your wireless router at home or at a hotspot) to connect your handheld to the Internet.

CONNECTING ONLINE IN-GAME DURING THE STORY
Upon starting the games, usually around the 2nd or 3rd badges, the 2nd floors of Pokemon Centers around the towns in those worlds will open up, allowing you to use something called the "Global Terminal" to connect to the Internet using WiFi and battle, trade, etc.

HOW IT WORKS
The way it works is, it takes your cartridge's unique savefile number (generated secretly when you create your save) and your handheld's connection to create an unique ID number when it connects online.  There are no serial numbers (not 'really', though you do have a 'pal pad code' which works like a friendcode if you want to trade with friends you know).  It's a little complicated but you don't really need to know the details.

SOME THINGS TO KNOW
You should know, however, that what is done is, the Game's Save is combined with your handheld's Wireless Connection Information to generate an unique number that's saved in your savefile.

This little tidbit of info is not too important, but it's good to know.  Also, this ensures that you can only do this with your game inserted in your own system.  Note that if you own multiple handhelds (such as a DS, DSI, and 3DS) and try to change systems and then connect, the game will know, and will wipe out your previous connection's information and update it with the newer handheld.  However, any promotion that you got will be saved, so you don't lose anything except your "Pal Pad Friend Codes" when you do this (it's basically like your cellphone number: it changes and you'd have to tell all your friends you've connected with that you got a new one, so you would have to write down all your Pal Pad friendcodes if you change devices).

POKEMON PROMOTIONS FROM NINTENDO, GAMESTOP, TOYS R US, MOVIE OUTINGS, ETC

Once your DS/Cartridge are configured to go online (i'm assuming your DS has been configured to go online already, otherwise that's a whole 'nother discussion), you can get Pokemon Promotions through the game's "Mystery Gift" option.  When you fire up your game, before hitting "Continue" on your save, you have some extra options, one of which is "Mystery Gift".  This feature was using in the old GBA titles, but you would have to either use a Wireless Adapter near a Game Store that was running the promotion, OR connect via a cable.  THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE.  Now, you just turn on the game, select "Mystery Gift" and choose "Use Nintendo WiFi Connection (Nintendo WFC)" and it'll go online, and if Nintendo is running a promotion, it will download the "Gift" and save it to your game.

There are other methods of getting promotions.  Sometimes Toys R Us or Gamestop, or if a new Pokemon movie comes out, these places will have a "Wireless" location.  You would just have to use the "Mystery Gift" option while in that Wireless Location (usually inside the store/movietheater) and choose "Wireless" (instead of "Nintendo WFC").  If you do it this way and a promotional download is nearby, you will get it.

HOW TO CONNECT YOUR DS/DSi/3DS ONLINE (If you do not have a Wireless Router)
If you do not have home WiFi, you can go to any open WiFi hotspot (Try a McDonald's or a Starbucks!), and configure your DS to go online via those HotSpots.  There are other ways to go online if you do not have WiFi, such as using a laptop (laptops usually have a wired adapter and a wireless adapter) in conjunction with "Internet Connection Sharing" to connect devices, but it varies between platforms/OS's/HomeSetUps, so it requires different methods to go online.

You can also purchase a "Nintendo WiFi Connection Adapter", it is an USB dongle that you connect to any computer that's wired to an Internet Connection, and it'll create an USB Internet Connection Bridge that'll let you hook up any Nintendo System to the 'net without having a Router.  This is by far the easiest (and most affordable) way to connect a Nintendo system (works with NintendoDS, Nintendo3DS, Wii, and Wii-U) to the Internet if you do not own a Wireless Router and have a computer.

They're about $17 in Amazon (+Shipping & Tax)

Promotions for Pokemon online usually run a specific number of days (it's usually a few months).  For information on particular offers, you can go to the official Pokemon Global Link webpage (which you should go to anyway as you can, in the latest games, 'upload' a Pokemon to the Internet and interact with it online via flash software, a method you can use to get a number of Pokemon from the Internet).

Official Pokemon Global Link Webpage

Another good site for Promotions is the homepage of Serebii.net.  Usually they tell you if there's a "Nintendo Event" download.  Could be a new Pokemon.  Could be a wallpaper for your in-game "C-Gear", would be a new play for one of the town's "contest plays", or what have you.

There's lots to do with Pokemon, your handheld device, and the Internet these days.  I've only scratched the surface.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:20:26 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: