Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: AVGN Adventures  (Read 9334 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »
Pre-order and you can appear in the game

AVGN Adventures - Pre-Order Now & Be in the Game!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:17 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 02:26:19 PM »
Its out on Steam, let me know what you guys think about it :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
I'll wait. I heard there's possibility for a 3DS release. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »
Yeah, that would be awesome too.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 11:21:05 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
Saw PsychadelicSA's stream playthrough of this game, sad to say but it looks awful. And even if it wasn't, $15 for 2 hours is a ripoff. Stuttering Craig came into the stream and tried to defend the game ("It was farmed out to another developer!" "At least I'm getting paid for it!") I'd advise anyone thinking about buying it to take advantage of the sale on this game instead http://store.steampowered.com/app/250660/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:46:16 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
You forgot to do this

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Or This Stream is a Shitload of Fuck)

I dont know this PsychadelicSA, so another person should not know too, thanks for letting us know that, I'll watch it now :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 05:44:43 PM »
Yeah a lot of people probably don't know of him. I know of him because he's done a retsupurae or two and his participation in the Let's Play of the terrible Painkiller Overdose.

But anyway, the folks at SomethingAwful obviously have something against the game from before it even starts. And I didn't want them to be right on this one, because the trailers had seemed so promising. But the gameplay looks uninspired. You could watch the video with the sound muted and come to the same conclusion. It looks like a very watered down imitation of I Wanna Be The Guy where you get palette swaps instead of variety in the levels. And seriously for $15 I'd expect more content and better level design in a retro styled 2D platformer.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:51:24 PM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
To be honest if they tried to imitate IWBTG they did it wrong, since its very different (but yeah, a guy with a gun, I understand what you mean). Im watching it now (0:04:24 mark) and for a first level it seems okay but a bit boring, I really dont expected this game to be long, since it mimic the NES era, but I expect at least to it be fun, I'll give my feedback after watching the video.

edit: Im at 0:14:35 mark and Im already sick about these guys, they are only nitpicking details about gameplay, difficulty and graphics. Also they spit at cool details that are homages to the AVGN series and fanbase showing that they dont even know what they are playing. This game isnt perfect but seems okay until now to me, not even as a AVGN game, but as a game since its hard but not unfair, in fact its pretty forgiving if you remember that they are playing on normal mode and there is a plenty of checkpoints and a energy bar that let you take 3 hits.

They are really offending me, I'll only continue watching because I want to see if they will say something relevant and because a friend suggested that to me (that friend being you, I watch even the shit things when its about something that I like and a friend asks to me, not all the times but you got the message).

When they said that these sprites were Megaman sprite-edits they've shown how much hate they have about this game.

If it was meant to be a joke and they are mimicking AVGN reviews about shit games, but talking about this game, they totally got me.

But one thing I can agree totally: This game doesnt deserve more than 5 bucks.

edit2: 0:44:34, Im starting to enjoy their review, taking them less seriously and ignoring their rants, since Im actually enjoying this game. They are dying a lot of times because they doesnt take enough cara to analyze the situation :P

edit3: Most random thing about this game until now is Debian logo on sky in the ice level.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:05:17 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »
Yeah one of the reasons I didn't link the video in my original post is they are pretty offensive to AVGN fans, though I appreciate whenever someone starts to hate on him the others start correcting them and saying imperfections in the game are not James Rolfe's fault but rather that of screwattack aka parent company SpikeTV. I probably shouldn't have specified this was the stream I watched. x3 But anyways I disagree with their harshness, a lot of the references were fun and funny for an AVGN fan, like the instakill pit from the Super Pitfall review. And for the most part I liked the graphics but for 15 bucks I'd want better level design at least. I understand that the "joke" is some of the game mechanics are bad, but if you're going to release something like that it should be for free. Also just me personally, I would have had Tank Jesus be the screen-wipe powerup rather than the Glitch Gremlin. I'm curious whether the old fangame James Rolfe did voicework for is better than this or not.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
I probably shouldn't have specified this was the stream I watched. x3

Huh... why? Its not like you said all these things, even if you agreed with them that doesnt mean anything lol

I've seem the ending of this game and its really horrible, this show how they really tried to make some horrible things on purpose on this game. I expected to see these guys from the livestream trying to discover some secrets, but they couldnt even find 1 secret character, thats a shame. :(

I've watched the complete video and my opinion stills the same: this game is fun, but doesnt deserve 15 bucks, maybe 5 bucks would be right.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything