Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: EA fire tons of employees, blame gamers.  (Read 7766 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: EA fire tons of employees, blame gamers.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »
What the hell is going on with these big name VG companies? Do they seriously think themselves so privileged as to dictate to their consumers like this. When exactly did everyone forget that their success depends on their consumers standing behind them? It's like they're all TRYING to implode themselves.
They do. The whole arrogance is astounding. And my advice to them is the same advice I've been spouting for a while, "Want people to buy your shit? QUIT SUCKING!". Seriously, a lot of these companies are pure and utter ass when it comes to taking responsiblities and learning from their mistakes.

Gotta love this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/awj5si/gametrailers-com-memo-to-ea

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »
+1
EA, you claim to love the darkness. Go then, and dwell there for eternity.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 07:25:00 AM »
Translation: "No really it's essential we fire all these people so gamers will realize how important it is for them to buy all our products no matter what!" The implication being that if "players around the world" had spent more of their "time" (money) "with us" (on their products) then they wouldn't have to do the layoffs. Even though according to previous statements these layoffs are due to restructuring for a new console generation and have nothing to do with the lost profits that have resulted from their terrible business decisions (like vastly over budgeting Dead Space 3) and the backlash against their anti-consumer DRM policies. It's a subtle attempt to induce a guilt trip in the consumer for the losses EA has brought on themselves.

Ah, okay. I was reading that differently. But I see it now, wow.... that's beyond retarded. Well, it's good that I don't see it the way they do. Blame lies on the idiot who made the decisions to make such crap.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 10:08:07 AM »
It's a subtle attempt to induce a guilt trip in the consumer for the losses EA has brought on themselves.

There should be laws to dissuade and/or prevent anyone from causing a guilt trip to another person. That just violates their personal rights. If this is what EA's is attempting in order to turn their business around then they are f**ked. Guilt trips just piss me off.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »
+1
They are trying to blackmail us with "buy our games or peoples will lost jobs" and "buy our games or we are going to rage-quit and close our company"?!

Okay then, go ahead. But trying to hear your fans and make better games is a better option.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
You know what though, I think this is probably a good thing for most of those guys. They can go off and do their own things.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
They are trying to blackmail us with "buy our games or peoples will lost jobs" and "buy our games or we are going to rage-quit and close our company"?!

Okay then, go ahead. But trying to hear your fans and make better games is a better option.
Totally. That's something not only EA should learn.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »

Today I read that EA has acquired the Star Wars licence from Disney or something like that. DICE and Bioware are going to hire a whole lotta people, though mostly in Sweden and... where ever Bioware is at. I don't really understand how EA is run, but it sounds pretty strange to fire people and then hire new ones. Though I guess the likes of DICE and Bioware are their own thing. I mean they are divisions of EA... Except... nah, I don't get it.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »
Today I read that EA has acquired the Star Wars licence from Disney or something like that. DICE and Bioware are going to hire a whole lotta people, though mostly in Sweden and... where ever Bioware is at. I don't really understand how EA is run, but it sounds pretty strange to fire people and then hire new ones. Though I guess the likes of DICE and Bioware are their own thing. I mean they are divisions of EA... Except... nah, I don't get it.

Not that surprising really. EA is desperate to salvage TORtanic, Disney doesn't want to have to worry about how it's going to integrate Star Wars into it's restructuring video game licensing model for a few years. And when the inevitable tie-ins to the upcoming Star Wars movies are equally inevitably terrible, it won't make Disney look bad.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 04:23:04 PM »
FIFA Wars
Jedi for Speed
Golf in Naboo

I can imagine these being the next games, try to image it, you playing golf with a lightsaber! If your friend does a hole-in-one you can even say that its unfair, he's cheating and used the "force"!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
+1
EA, you claim to love the darkness. Go then, and dwell there for eternity.

Well done, sir.
Well done.  +1
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 09:00:45 PM »
EA  ehh? Never cared  much for them  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Sul_Yong

• Hunter in Training
  • Go ahead and laugh, this world's terrible enough.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
This is actually not new news unfortunately. This is happening alot in the game industry as of late. It can also be partly blamed because of the uncontrollable rate of social media apps/games growning and eating up a large part of the gaming market. Alot of people with my skill sets are being put out to pasture and because of that fact, the game companies are only taking the best of the best. It's a battlefield right now in the business The bad part of about it is I am also competing with industry vets with 15 or more years experience looking for work. It's really tough at the moment... I can definitely tell you it's not because of gamers per say, but casual gamers (the niche market) interests have changed most executives (like all companies) are still making money hand over fist.

This... saddens me cuz I know it to be true... And this probably hits more near the truth and why EA blames consumers... We aren't very numerable compared to the people that are casual...

Tags: