Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: D&D: Chronicles of Mystara  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »
Is anybody else playing this on PS3? If so & you're looking for fair, reliable, and all around awesome bro-opping, drop me a PM so's we can exchange da PSN i.d.'s & get to messing up dark elves together. He ain't so pretty no more, heh heh...
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
I need to get this PS3 working.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 01:30:58 AM »
I need to get PSN points so I can pick up the Capcom classics, sure beats paying through the nose for the Saturn ports.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »
Damn nice port :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
I tried it a little. It's a great arcade game. But I thought they were going to remake it in HD. It seems like the same game with some visual filters applied. I believed it was going to be a remake like the upcoming Duck Tales HD.
Apart from that, it's a game with good soundtrack and really beautiful look.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
awww I was gonna get it on steam! Anyone takin that route? I guess if everyones gonna play it on ps3 tho I can get it on there

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: D&D: Chronicles of Mystara
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 08:34:48 PM »
+1
But I thought they were going to remake it in HD. It seems like the same game with some visual filters applied
Yeah that sort of thing really bugs me, they think if they slap a crummy upscaling filter on the original pixel art it counts as "HD visuals".

I'm waiting until it gets released on Wii U to pick it up...   which is taking forever.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 08:21:33 PM »
MAME'd that badboy for years. If I wasn't leaving the country soon I'd consider buying it on Steam for the multiplayer.
Fighter and Clerics unite!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 10:15:27 PM »
For playing the first game (Tower of Doom), I've always used the Elf chick. But for Shadow over Mystara, it's that bronze-skinned beauty of a thief all the way! And once you get the most powerful sword in the game then the thief can hold her own as well as any of the heavy hitters like the Fighter or Cleric.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
I'm currently out of town and left my PS3 at home but have toyed with buying this. Is it any good?

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 11:20:42 PM »
To be honest, it doesn't add anything new worth to mention to the experience of the original classics, other than cool multiplayer (which I can't make work on my computer) and the merging of the 2 original games.
To tell you the truth, I recommend you to download it from The Pirate Bay, play it through and compare it with the originals (available on MAME). Just some visual filters don't make the graphics prettier.
I love this kind of arcade games (D&D, Dungeon Magic, Crystal of Kings, The Astyanax...), since I'm totally into fantasy and medieval stuff, but this one felt like a generic rehash to me. Just a little more than what you get emulating the original.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Dragon's Crown is coming out soon...you might like that better, Pfil, as its a whole new game in the style of Shadows of Mystara. :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »
If i had the money, i would have pre-order it, so i could get that illustrations book, but i don't.........and the pal release is for late fall.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »
Yes, it's already on my list of games to play!
I'm waiting for Dragon's Crown!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
So happy they aren't in HD, but I first must get the Simpsons and X-Men arcade games before I hunt down for this, plus the PSOne Classic, Zanac X Zanac.

Tags:

anything