Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: D&D: Chronicles of Mystara  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:11 PM »
Let me know when you get X-Men, Bloodreign.

I really need people to play that with and the servers are empty, as expected.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 04:19:49 AM »
Will do dude, and unlike MK Arcade Kollection, it won't be an online frustration of spammers (oh the irony of fighting games vs a very nice beat em up.).

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »
Ok my verdict of this game, very fun and retains the challenge and cheapness of the arcade version, but still today feels like a King of Dragons/Knights of the Round sequel more than anything else (only the item pickups are unique from KoD). I like the ability to play with scanlines like old times, and best of all the games not in HD, so my old eyes can sit there and feast upon the closest look to the originals I could get this side of owning an old CRT TV (and I don't).

Recommend buying unless you can get ahold of the Japanese version where the games are in physical copy format.

Also Simpsons and X-Men gotten, both fun and like D&D they seemed to add something to help give the games replay value, in CoM's case, they added a shitload of things to physically unlock (yes! just like it used to be!)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:59:45 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
I just popped up on Steam and checked the price. I just can't justify $15, although given the ease of multiplayer, plus the new modes and tweaks I can understand why.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
Its possible to play all these games (Simpsons, X-men, D&D from arcades) in a online multiplayer? They are really good, but only a decent online system without desynch problems from Kaillera would make me buy these games, also active players, preferably from CV Dungeon xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 04:10:46 AM »
The games have reliable netcode, but it isn't outdated Kaillera, it's GGPO for D&D and I'm guessing the others are GGPO as well.

I have played D&D the most out of these 3 arcade titles, good fun, but man do I suck at it. Slowly learning how to do combo attacks and such though so I can get a few hits in and when they fall to the ground I can get a couple more hits in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:12:17 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
Oh, so the other 2 are in GGPO, thanks for the tip. I searched for them on Steam and GOG without success. I heard from some people that GGPO is more laggy than Kaillera and still have desynch problems, someone can confirm or disprove that for me?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »
Less input lag, more players online, less of a chance for disconnects, and better to chance to play people outside the country, yeah GGPO for me.

Kaillera was something I played years ago with a couple friends from here, it was good for it's time, but better alternatives have come out.

I had no issues with the online playthroughs I've joined in on.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:14:47 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
Thanks foryour feedback, I really should check it then and possble play with you guys in a near future :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »
I like the ability to play with scanlines like old times, and best of all the games not in HD, so my old eyes can sit there and feast upon the closest look to the originals I could get this side of owning an old CRT TV (and I don't).

Well, technically the game is HD, it just recreates the original visuals properly. It looks funkin' purdy on my 52" HDTV. No filters, stretched to fill (doesn't distort the image), no scanlines, effin' beast yo.

Thankfully unlike some PSN/XBLA re-releases of classic games, the graphics are nice an' sharp when the filters are off, every pixel represented properly; in some titles, there's a softness even when the filters are off, and that sucks a fat wang.

SO WHO'S GONNA PLAY ONLINE WITH ME? PSN, dawgz—throw me a PM for handle exchangin'.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »
PSN name sent dawg, I don't play anything else online other than the occasional MK Arcade Kollection and the Simpsons. Sadly the X-Men online seems too quiet.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 01:42:15 AM »
Sadly, the only other games I'd play online—Simpsons, Hard Corps: Uprising, Harmony of Despair, and I think some others—I have on 360, and I don't pay for Gold, so I can't play the games online which is total crap. But I got 'em for that because Xbox Live had sales when PSN didn't, and now I only have a measly 4 gigs open.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything