Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is the Undying Legacy Dead?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: March 11, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »
First it was just really...... delayed from the looks of it(I wasn't here when it started). But now there isn't even a post on this forum. Not only that, the old forum..... seems like there aren't new posts on it either.

So... is it dead?

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Undying Legacy Programmer
    • Awards
Re: Is the Undying Legacy Dead?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
Nope, it's far from dead. We've just decided not to start a thread until we get the tech demo released.

It's difficult for me to dedicate a lot of time to the game all at once. I get spurts where I make a lot of progress, and then I slow down a good bit for weeks or months at a time.

I reworked and optimized the code and made a lot of progress on the core engine, but I am having some issues with level change code that depends on the stair movement right now. Once that is done, we are not far from finishing the first level and tech demo. Things will hopefully go faster after that.

It's best for us to lie low until we have something playable.

Legacy now has a new DirectX 9 engine that is super fast and can push thousands of sprites around at once without slowdown. Please be patient and stay tuned. We are really trying our best!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:49:54 PM by NeoBelmont89 »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »
Cool, thanks for the heads up.

mgfcortez

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
In Reply To #2

i don't blame you for laying low,but i've never heard of the game so...
got any old screen shots of the game or how about telling us a little about it:)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:39:14 PM »
Its on the old forum, if you wanna check it out, thugh I think the ss are all delted. Theres the SVK demo which is suppose to be this (before it changed names)

mgfcortez

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:20:51 AM »
In Reply To #5

oh.lol
yeah i remember you all took over SVK and wanted to start from scratch well i wish you all good luck :) 

Tags:

anything