Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So um..where's that Castlevania movie?  (Read 10707 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: So um..where's that Castlevania movie?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
If Paul Anderson gets withing a thousand yards of any Castlevania movie I will instantly boycott it.
I read the leaked script for the project he was supposedly attached to direct and it was garbage.
And the Resident Evil movies are atrocious that have nothing to do with the games.
And if he directs a CV movie that's what you're going to get.
A movie that has nothing to do with Castlevania.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 06:19:38 PM »
Is this the movie that was at one time rumored to star a Russian-American girl as Sonia and Jonathan Frakes as her grandfather?

And then we got Patrick Stewart narrating LoS.

And Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis in the fan film.

What's with all of the TNG-CV connections?

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 08:36:58 AM »
Is this the movie that was at one time rumored to star a Russian-American girl as Sonia and Jonathan Frakes as her grandfather?

And then we got Patrick Stewart narrating LoS.

And Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis in the fan film.

What's with all of the TNG-CV connections?

And Gargoyles for that matter. All we need now is Brent Spiner.

Anyway, my guess is that the movie is rotting in a bin somewhere. Nobody associated with it was known as a great filmmaker so it's probably for the best it be left forgotten.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »
Solomon Kane.

;)

Anyway, my script was based off of the Lords of Shadow trilogy, probably the least practical version to make one out of.

Between LOS and Classicvania, LOS seems more easily translatable to the big screen. But then we got Dracula Untold so...

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »
;)

Between LOS and Classicvania, LOS seems more easily translatable to the big screen. But then we got Dracula Untold so...

We got the game of the movie, then the movie. That means, Castlevania on the silver screen is done. hehehe.
Oh... wait... I think there is a planned sequel.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 10:05:25 AM »
Dracula Untold 2000?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 11:44:39 PM »
Dracula Untold 2000?

Perhaps. Universal is keen on developing a shared universe for all their monster films.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 12:54:02 AM »
I more excited about the Metal Gear Solid movie...

You should watch Metal Gear Solid: Philantropy while you wait for it.

Dracula Untold 2000?

Like Dracula 2000?!

NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 01:01:57 AM »
^ That pretty much summarizes what most people are feeling.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
;)

Funny thing was, despite Dracula Untold doing well at the box office(so I heard), a lot of people didn't like the aspect of it basically being a super hero film(with Dracula as the main anti-hero). Some just want a straight up scary villain Dracula with evil intentions, not misunderstood anti-hero. This also has people thinking, since Universal wants to do a sorta "MCU" with their monsters, are they going to do the same type of thing to The Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster and such? People aren't hopeful for a rebooted Universal classic monster lineup that are now super heroes and not "horror villains".

And funny thing regarding Dracula 2000(since we are also talking about it), I thought the scene where the guy opened the bible and the pages flew out at Dracula, catching on fire as they touched him, felt like something you could including in a CV game or CV movie.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:38:00 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
And funny thing regarding Dracula 2000(since we are also talking about it), I thought the scene where the guy opened the bible and the pages flew out at Dracula, catching on fire as they touched him, felt like something you could including in a CV game or CV movie.

Well they did have the bible in both Rondo and SotN, although it functioned differently.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
Well they did have the bible in both Rondo and SotN, although it functioned differently.
It reminded me of a tweaked version of the Rondo one. I remember the Rondo one has the pages fly out of the bible, but they just circle you like a barrier.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 11:26:56 PM »
That's right, they did. They also did that in SotN however the bible had a followup to that which was the rainbow-colored star blast that was emitted from the six page points. It would be neat to see the bible pages spray outward towards an enemy. Kinda like Contra's spray gun. And even better if they did just as much damage.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
Perhaps. Universal is keen on developing a shared universe for all their monster films.

They actually did this before in the 1940s. Most of their major monsters met each other and shared a loose continuity for several films including "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man" "House of Frankenstein" "House of Dracula" and ending in "Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein". The last of which had a cameo from The Invisible Man. Only the Mummy and the Gil Man (since "Creature from the Black Lagoon" didn't exist yet) were left out of these so-called "monster rallies" as far as Universal's classic monsters were concerned.