Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So it's that time of year to play horror games so, What do yall recommend.  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
With that time of year I wonder which games you all are playing and if anyone has recommendations or unknown ones games to try out. For me right now my friend is force playing me to try corpse party which I must say that no matter which version it is, from the original pc-98 to the ps vita one that I am playing right now all what I can say is that this game is f&*()ed in the head and how it describes events real gets my skin tingling. I've also wanted to check out siren on the ps3 to see if that is good so I just want somethings or two.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Penumbra: Overture
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Shadowgate
Uninvited (for the NES)
Splatterhouse
Clock Tower for the SNES
Outlast
Scratches
Fatal Frame 2
DOOM
Quake 1

You'll probably want a walkthrough on hand for Uninvited and Scratches, though, unless you intend to keep playing long after Halloween.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Fatal Frame 5 which just came out.
There are a ton out there though.
I recommend watching the The Switcher on youtube. Mat & Pat are doing the 4th season of Shitstorm of Scary right now.
They play a different horror game every day for the entire month so that should give you some suggestions.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Fatal Frame 5 which just came out.
There are a ton out there though.
I recommend watching the The Switcher on youtube. Mat & Pat are doing the 4th season of Shitstorm of Scary right now.
They play a different horror game every day for the entire month so that should give you some suggestions.

I'm subbed to them so I do watch their shitstorms(was watching dungeon something 2 and rule of rose, and clock tower for ps1) and stuff but sometimes it takes to long to watch their videos and their stupidity mostly Matt get's me(love em but like my friends my head hurts at times)  so sometimes the best way is to hear from others and their opinions and as of this I am interested in the splatterhouse remake for 360/ps3 and what beingthehero posted with amnesia and shadowgate(this was an nes text based adventure iirc).

I have some horror games like doom,slient hill, resident evil, ect even fatal frame 1 sadly I can't get FF5 not enough money and lack of space on my wii-u (can I get a flash drive to increase the wii-u's memory?) Let's see I mostly a console player so I guess that would be my realm for getting and playing some horror stuff because I am not sure if my pc can handle some of these games.
(click to show/hide)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Binding Of Isaac Rebirth
May not be "horror" but it's very Halloween.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Did anyone mention Nosferatu on the SNES yet? That game's got atmosphere! Perfect for Halloween.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I always recommend Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Monster Party, and the SNES Clock Tower. 

If you have a gamecube, also Eternal Darkness. 

And if you like the Visual novel type stuff, check out Famicom Detective Club 2.  You'll have to get the translation patch for it though.  it's an effective little horror mystery. 

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
If you've a PS2, try Kuon!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
So many horror games to list for not just me but everyone  :)

I always recommend Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Monster Party, and the SNES Clock Tower. 

If you have a gamecube, also Eternal Darkness. 

And if you like the Visual novel type stuff, check out Famicom Detective Club 2.  You'll have to get the translation patch for it though.  it's an effective little horror mystery. 

My friend wants to play CT next and I do think one of my friends have eternal darkness. And speaking of visual novel stuff I'm thinking of getting the wolf among us for ps3 for the first time in a long time the story in this game has really caught my attention. And I actually have monster party got it at a swap meet.

If you've a PS2, try Kuon!

Kuon going to see a video on that.   
(click to show/hide)

anything