Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Boundary break: a game maker's study on mapping.  (Read 3364 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Boundary break: a game maker's study on mapping.
« on: December 07, 2016, 02:24:42 AM »

(video contains the playlist, if you don't dig SA2, just skip to the end)

I came across this series, and it offers more than a great deal on 3D mapping of our favorite games; anyone aspiring to make a video game, not quite fan stuff... but obviously if you wanna make a 3d or 2.5D Castlevania game, this is a great place to start studying.

Funny enough, I was in a trade-in store talking about 3D games, and he said "in 3D games, the Camera is the most important aspect" After watching, he couldn't have been more true.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Boundary break: a game maker's study on mapping.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »
I've always considered the camera to be the most important aspect of a 3D game. It should be a no-brainer to the gaming companies as well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 07:44:08 PM »
I've always considered the camera to be the most important aspect of a 3D game. It should be a no-brainer to the gaming companies as well.

Tell it to the major game companies! If only they'd listen....

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 06:00:13 AM »
Tell it to the major game companies! If only they'd listen....

to get 60fps on any game of high detail, Fair amount of culling, and a distance based low-poly-swap, hell, if it's far enough, depending on what it is, a flat animated texture for something like grass is uncanny at a far distance.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything