Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regional Comparisons & More  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 06, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
I was looking for some information on the differences between the different regions. I managed to find a great place and thought maybe some of you guys might also want to take a look. Pretty cool stuff. There is a lot of different bits about the technical differences as well as sound and unused stuff. They compare graphics as well noting which things were censored in each region.

Just click on a game in the series to see what is there:

http://tcrf.net/Category:Castlevania_series
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
Wow, thank you for sharing this. I knew a lot of this already, but there's the bits that I didn't know that make this really interesting.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »
Personally I find the whole notion of regional differences to be the bane of electronic gaming. Things like censorship, changing specifics of the games to cater to those of other countries is just an insult to the makers of said games. While I have a zero-tolerance policy towards censorship (I'm anti-censor) I can understand then need to help improve on a game that comes from another country. I've played some roms that were never released over to North America and they are buggy as hell. Good games too, but really buggy to play. This is the only real reason I would see the need for regional interference; to polish up a game that's all buggy.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »
Wow, thank you for sharing this. I knew a lot of this already, but there's the bits that I didn't know that make this really interesting.

Exactly how I felt after reading it. I knew about quite a bit of it but some of the new stuff was really cool.

We got lucky too because a good chunk of games either had nothing special about them or had little information. This series was covered pretty well by comparison.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Tags: