Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How to make the music in LoS more "Castlevania" like, while you're playing  (Read 6722 times)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
First off, let me just state that I love the music in LoS, but I do indeed understand the desire for a more traditional CV feel to the music in the purely old-school sense.

Having said this, I can't believe that neither I nor anyone else has thought of and done what I'm about to suggest (as far as I know).

Considering that the majority of us on this forum are die-hard CV fans, it stands to reason that most of us have a large amount of CV music on hand. So, put this supposed "superior" CV music on your 360/PS3 HDD's, and play that music while playing the game.  I'm not sure about the PS3, but at least on the 360 you can make an entire mix of all the CV music you want and just let it play continually.  Problem solved.

I thought of this because LoS 'Belmont Theme' is really epic (imo), and I wanted to listen to it while fighting the last boss (was awesome). Then I figured why not just transfer over a bunch of CV music while I'm at it. Works great!
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Dracula Battle: perfect selection, 2, new classsic.

and the S.S.H remixes is all you need ;)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Dracula Battle: perfect selection, 2, new classsic.

and the S.S.H remixes is all you need ;)

S.S.H. remixes?
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Saitama Saisyu Heiki

He does various hard rock styled arrangements similar to the Dracula Battle Perfect Selection Albums.

Personally though I don't think the Hard Rock material of the Dracula Battle albums is suitable for the mostly atmospheric and scenic aspects of Lords of Shadow. Still it's very quality music and amongst my favorite for Castlevania arrangement albums.

As for S.S.H

http://www.ssh.ne.jp/ - this is his website, It's in Japanese so if the language barrier is an issue then this next one might help for navigational purposes.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssh.ne.jp%2F&act=url

Anyways, There is a few Castlevania tunes in the mp3 section of his website, Travel Demon is a rather interesting mix of both Bloody Tears and Be Just or Be Dead (Ky Kiske's Theme from Guilty Gear X.

You like the Dracula Battle Albums then a friend of mine did the entirety of the Castlevania 3 soundtrack in that style along with two epic length arrangements of the entirety of both the Castlevania 1 and 2 soundtracks in a single song for each game.

You can check out his amazingly awesome material here = http://www.powergoat.com/page2.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:08:43 AM by OmegaDL50 »

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Play "Carrying A Blue Crystal" in Wygol village for the ultimate cv experience lol
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:34:41 AM by StriderKumori »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
  I'm not sure about the PS3, but at least on the 360 you can make an entire mix of all the CV music you want and just let it play continually.  Problem solved.

thats actually EXACTLY what i did ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
I do not know how to do this on the PS3.
Do you go to your music folder?  Because there sure isn't an in-game menu that does that (I was expecting something like how in Burnout Paradise you can play your ps3's music library on the radio).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
I do not know how to do this on the PS3.
Do you go to your music folder?  Because there sure isn't an in-game menu that does that (I was expecting something like how in Burnout Paradise you can play your ps3's music library on the radio).
from my understanding the PS3 game itself has to have the feature in it to work

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
I... do not see it. :|
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
You have to do it through the XMB Jorge. Push the PS button go to the music tab and select your song :). If they aren't showing up the folder structure isn't correct and in that case just make sure its Music followed by the artist folders. i.e. Music/BandX/AlbumX/SongX.mp3

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Re: How to make the music in LoS more "Castlevania" like, while you're playing
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »
does LOS have the music playback feature?
if not then Jorge may not be able to play his music even if he selects it.

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
I have tested this myself

Offline DragonsAndCarpetBags

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »
Yep, works fine. You just have to turn down the music level in the "book menu".

I was playing music from Belmont's revenge earlier.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »
I get what you guys mean... but it's not the same as having some kind of in-game thing.
You're talking about tricking the game out by turning down the music in-game and then playing stuff off of the PS3's music menu.
It... that won't work for me.  I mean, it does literally work, but it doesn't work for me, potentially.  The songs will all end and not loop right, they won't play right during the boss battles unless I specifically go play a song, etc.

I was thinking more like replacing the music altogether or something.  This is just playing the jukebox while having the music disabled.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 09:29:21 AM »
Couldn't you just take a song, remix it and make it loop correctly? Sure it wouldn't be perfect but it would be better than my attempts at looping songs with nero wave editor :P

Tags: