Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV game with the most historical accuracy for Dracula  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CV game with the most historical accuracy for Dracula
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
(for instance, people saying Dracula absolutely MUST be the Vlad III from the history books :rollseyes:)

Why can't Dracula be Vlad III? The two are virtually synonymous now and the Character Dracula was based off of Vlad III and not just in the given title 'Dracula' either. While they did start off as being separate entities, they both have the same origins and that is the real life Vlad Tepes and both are now coming back together. Besides, Vlad was far more brutal then Bram Stoker's fictional character ever was. By combining the real life Vlad with Dracula we get a worthy badass villain for the Belmont family imo  8)

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
+2
There's nothing wrong with using Vlad III, but God forbid they (Konami, whoever) take some creative liberties and deviate from history a little bit [or a lot], then it's OMG THEY MESSED UP DRACULA AGHH

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
Monster Retsuden ORECA BATTLE
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Retsuden_ORECA_BATTLE

Hahaha!!! That is hilarious. I'm not not a huge fan of Pokemon, but this could inspire one to do a special hack for one of those. Aluca -> Alucard -> Dracula LOL!

There's nothing wrong with using Vlad III, but God forbid they (Konami, whoever) take some creative liberties and deviate from history a little bit [or a lot], then it's OMG THEY MESSED UP DRACULA AGHH

I kind of agree, except that I have no faith in any large organization taking "creative liberties" with anything and not fucking it up somehow.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:55:57 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 12:16:08 AM »
That's pretty cool.

But the whole dragon shape thing was looked at ... wrong imo.

I believe the bible, at least the translated one, had Satan as a 7 headed dragon? or something like that, and I think that's where they were going with it. Instead of a literal dragon, I think they were going for the ultimate demon.

Tags: