Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween 2-Day Castlevania Live Stream  (Read 16952 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
UPDATE 1:
October 31st : 7PM EST (11PM GMT)
AND
November 1st : Subject to how I feel the next day.

Decided to do both Halloween Night and the next night (so Friday AND Saturday nights), since people may be busy one or the other. Bonus points for showing up for both and wasting your life away.

UPDATE 2:
Stream channel on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/marcdwyz/profile
The stream will be there on the noted date and time.

--------

I'm thinking of doing this if there are enough people interested. So this would be a Friday night Halloween special stream (unless another time that weekend works better for everyone?). Also you have to be OK with me not being very good at the harder games in the series. I love ClassicVania's but I generally don't beat them very easily, often not in a single sitting either.

So with that, if you're interested in watching me suck at Castlevania and ramble on with you guys all night then let me know here.

I'm not sure which games I'll be playing. Feel free to suggest but I won't blindly play everything suggested. I'm a picky bastard, but thankfully the franchise has so many good titles to pick from.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:21:11 AM by uzo »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »
how about Belmonts Revenge, Adventure ReBirth, or Dracula X Chronicles

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:25:28 AM »
I'm all for this. I'm ok with what you or other people want to see. I just want some Belmont action.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:04:40 AM »
I'd pop in if I'm not working.

And you, a picky bastard? Never.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 05:39:21 AM »
If we pushed it to the day after Halloween would everyone be able to make it then? Id imagine it'd be easier to catch.

Screw it. Let's make this less complicated and make it a DOUBLE NIGHT STREAM.

October 31st AND November 1st

There's a lot of Castlevania's to pick from so there's no shortage of material, that's for sure.

how about Belmonts Revenge, Adventure ReBirth, or Dracula X Chronicles
Oh on that, not a fan of the first two gameboy titles. The other two you mentioned are fair game though provided I can get the hookup going to stream from those consoles.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:37:38 AM by uzo »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Halloween 2-Day Castlevania Live Stream
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 09:41:55 AM »
Belmont's Revenge is nowhere near as difficult as The Adventure. How about SCV4? That one's always a good Halloween treat.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:47 AM »
How about Dracula X/ Vampires kiss? We rarely see those.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
Strange, Im sure that I've posted here already yet I dont find my post, it yet another new thread uzo? xD

What about saying the time it will start? Also the GMT please, since not everyone here are from USA.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »
I am busy on Halloween, but it's possible that I'll catch it the day/night after...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 02:52:02 PM »
Belmont's Revenge is nowhere near as difficult as The Adventure. How about SCV4? That one's always a good Halloween treat.

Has nothing to do with difficulty in this case. I simply find those games too slow and lame.

SCVIV is a sure in though. It's my favorite ClassicVania.

How about Dracula X/ Vampires kiss? We rarely see those.

I would probably not get like half way through that masochist party. I beat it once in my life, and I'm fine leaving it at that. >_>

Strange, Im sure that I've posted here already yet I dont find my post, it yet another new thread uzo? xD

What about saying the time it will start? Also the GMT please, since not everyone here are from USA.

Undetermined currently. I would expect 7PM EST would be Friday's starting time. (11PM GMT)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
Have you think in Bloodlines? I see that as a challenge and great game.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »
Undetermined currently. I would expect 7PM EST would be Friday's starting time. (11PM GMT)

Cool! I will be at my job at this time, with a better internet connection to watch it properly hehe
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
Have you think in Bloodlines? I see that as a challenge and great game.

I really don't like Bloodlines one bit. Sorry.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
I really don't like Bloodlines one bit. Sorry.

Got it :P...

...and, what about Dracula´s Curse???
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 05:43:46 AM »
That one could show up. Japanese version though, cause I'm a baby and don't like the removed check points of the US release.

Tags:

anything