Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Frederator Studios posts an image -- Possibly Lisa Tepes' diary.  (Read 7037 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Posted today just a bit ago.

Lisa's diary is not "just a diary". It's an actual piece of official information appearing on the radio drama, an object that Alucard keeps close to him and from which he learns more about his mother.

The page on the book in this image is detailing chronic bronchitis and a treatment based on "bluegreen molds" from bread to stop bodily infections. Something sounding very "witch-doctor" already, right? But here's the interesting bit:

Many years ago, Warren Ellis had a blog where he posted updates on his work about the Dracula's Curse animated movie. He posted a "demo" scene with Lisa Tepes, not quite telling the reader if this scene was or not making the cut, and using it to demonstrate how to write a screenplay. The scene goes like this:

FADE IN:

on rolling storm clouds, dark and evil.

We push down through them, emerging into rain over EUROPE.

SUPER
(date)

We drop down with the rain, down over Eastern Europe, the dark forested territories of Wallachia.

SUPER
Wallachia

LIGHTNING crashes down past us, filling our POV with a WHITE-OUT:

CUT TO

Our vision returning as we find ourselves in front of LISA TEPES’ HOUSE, a wooden structure outside a village. We see the rooves of the village in the mid-distance beyond the house, lit up by a lightning strike on a day twilit by heavy cloud. The rain drizzles down on the carefully-tended herb and vegetable garden at the front of the house.

LISA (O.S.)
You stay right there, Mrs ***. I’m just going to get something for your cough.

"Get something for your cough" hm? I'm guessing that, if the scene did not make the cut, the idea did. If Frederator's actual tweet and image are connected, we're going to see this unfold on the second season's fourth episode.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:14:39 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Frederator Studios posts an image -- Possibly Lisa Tepes' diary.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:59:19 PM »
I would LOVE to see more Lisa. Her scenes were the best of the season.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
I would LOVE to see more Lisa. Her scenes were the best of the season.

I could definitelly see this as our hypothesized flashback bits.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »
Good catch. I think it would be cool if they include the Librarian from Symphony somewhere in the plot, since it’s hinted that him & Alucard had some form of friendship in the distant past

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 05:47:21 PM »
So where did you get the "Alucard has her diary" bit from?
I couldn't find it on your link.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »
So where did you get the "Alucard has her diary" bit from?
I couldn't find it on your link.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »

Ugh. I thought you meant it was official.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 06:56:10 PM »
+1
Ugh. I thought you meant it was official.

I don't follow. It is official. It's not fanfiction or something. Oh I see now what you meant, you thought it was official that the producers of the animation announced that this was in fact Lisa's diary. No no no, I'll edit that to be clearer. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:06:32 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »
     I would definitely like to see more of Vlad and Lisa interacting. Mr Shanks seems like he wants all the characters to be flushed out. So I think we are going to see it. When however are we going to see Death, Medusa, Succubus, Doppleganger, Grant etc? I am baffled as to where the story is going to go as Alucard was a big reveal.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
I'm just glad that Lisa's background is expanded more. She is an interesting character. Is the diary written in any specific language? I can't read it proplerly.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 02:49:18 AM »
I'm just glad that Lisa's background is expanded more. She is an interesting character. Is the diary written in any specific language? I can't read it proplerly.
Nope, it's english, just written in a weird handwriting.
Could try to write it down for you if you wish, just not at this moment.

-Edit
"Chronic bronchitis is characterised by constant inflamation in the lining of the bronchial tubes.
Symptoms include fatique, fever, chills, chest discomfort, sinus congestion and bad breath.

Medicine can be made from bluegreen molds which kills or stops growth of bodily infections.
To cultivate, leave bread in cool, dry and dark place until gray mold forms. Once the mold turns a bright bluegreen cut bread into small pieces, place pieces in a sterile flask to stone. Scrape the fungus from bread, combine with clear water into a large flask and seal. Incubate for one week. Do not agitate solution during incubation..."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:30:23 AM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 01:25:42 PM »
Nope, it's english, just written in a weird handwriting.
Could try to write it down for you if you wish, just not at this moment.

-Edit
"Chronic bronchitis is characterised by constant inflamation in the lining of the bronchial tubes.
Symptoms include fatique, fever, chills, chest discomfort, sinus congestion and bad breath.

Medicine can be made from bluegreen molds which kills or stops growth of bodily infections.
To cultivate, leave bread in cool, dry and dark place until gray mold forms. Once the mold turns a bright bluegreen cut bread into small pieces, place pieces in a sterile flask to stone. Scrape the fungus from bread, combine with clear water into a large flask and seal. Incubate for one week. Do not agitate solution during incubation..."

I.E. Lisa discovered penicillin four hundred years before Alexander Fleming did. It plays into the anachronisms of the series, basically displaying Dracula as a scholar and scientist who created revolutionary inventions centuries ahead of their time. Plus it's more Lisa and Lisa is awesome. Heck, Frederator seems to have confirmed it's Lisa's:

https://twitter.com/FrederatorS/status/1003735393005498368
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:34:22 PM by Aiddon »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
I.E. Lisa discovered penicillin four hundred years before Alexander Fleming did. It plays into the anachronisms of the series, basically displaying Dracula as a scholar and scientist who created revolutionary inventions centuries ahead of their time. Plus it's more Lisa and Lisa is awesome. Heck, Frederator seems to have confirmed it's Lisa's:

Yep, and I had Adam Deats "wink wink like but not respond" a comment I made about Lisa and her diary on the day they posted this. What I find interesting is how approachable these people are, which I like very much.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
seems rather consistent with "healer who's def a witch no doubt"

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »

Its a shame, that the world rejected her knowledge, as she really could have really done the world good.

Yep, and I had Adam Deats "wink wink like but not respond" a comment I made about Lisa and her diary on the day they posted this. What I find interesting is how approachable these people are, which I like very much.
And they are really nice, they just liked my post. I mean there doing something amazing, and yet they still take the time to read and like others tweets, really makes you love the show even more.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags: