Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Resurrection prototype found  (Read 13532 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Resurrection prototype found
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »
+1
Hi guys! My friend Mike Levy has the scoop on what happened! He shared this info with me earlier today and it's amazing! Mike is the host of the XVGM Radio podcast, a voice actor (he was actually in Wallachia) and he has a great youtube channel! Subscribe to Mike and show your support! He's a great guy!

https://youtu.be/1erfgaf1TwM

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 10:57:25 AM »
+1
Hi guys! My friend Mike Levy has the scoop on what happened! He shared this info with me earlier today and it's amazing! Mike is the host of the XVGM Radio podcast, a voice actor (he was actually in Wallachia) and he has a great youtube channel! Subscribe to Mike and show your support! He's a great guy!

https://youtu.be/1erfgaf1TwM

Thanks for this! I actually posted on the video and will just copy what I said there:
So, this lines up with what I'd heard through the grapevine about the listing being pulled. Through the CV wiki discord, someone posted a link to the GBAtemp forums topic regarding the disc listing. The post in question cites: "The item was sold outside of eBay to a private collector last night. The seller was fed up by attitudes from some people arguing and attacking him with false reports (copyright claims on parts of the code and music)." - https://gbatemp.net/threads/castlevania-resurrection-prototype-disk-listed-for-sale-online.586397/page-5

Sounds like what Mark said really ruffled the seller's feathers and the seller did take down the listing, but then turned around and sold it privately to a collector. I have no idea the validity of this information or post so take it with a grain of salt, but it sounds like the seller might have decided to circumvent legalities and just get their payday regardless. No idea what this means for releasing the ripped ISO to the public.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 09:44:33 PM »
Oof. Interesting. I would’ve easily put up $1,000 for it, or traded some of my rare memorabilia that I have doubles of. Guess I’m too late.

Maybe one day we’ll see a demo of Akumajou Dracula for the ps3/x360 that was canceled as well

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 08:07:25 AM »
+2
Cut the crap Crisis, you bought it, didn't you?  >:(

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 02:53:28 PM »
Quote from: Nagumo
Cut the crap Crisis, you bought it, didn't you?  >:(

hehehe... the mystery is more intriguing than the answer itself, isn’t it?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 06:29:53 PM »
Well Nagumo.. sounds like you got a bit of a crisis on your hands  8)

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 08:40:31 AM »
the only thing that interests me from Resurrection really is whether The Countess had a name or not

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »
+1
Update to the last video with some positive news:

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
Very interesting indeed. Although to be honest, the gameplay itself appears to be only a notch above Curse of Darkness, the uniqueness & curiosity make it worth it.

If and when I come across a demo copy, rest assured it will be in my possession (within reason of course. I’m not spending $10,000 on a demo disc)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2021, 02:23:02 PM »
+1
Update to the last video with some positive news:

Interesting new development. I give your buddy credit for the follow-up.

I'm very curious as to whom this group that ripped demo copy might have been given to and then potentially distributed to the public by. I wonder if it's the French DC preservation site or some other game archival group.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2021, 08:11:00 PM »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »
lol. A new meme is born.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2021, 04:59:26 PM »

This is amazing. Did you shop this because it's genius.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2021, 08:01:29 AM »
I wonder if they had any cool ideas for implementing the VMU in the game.

Could have been useful for a map display, who knows. I used to love those little VMU's though. Such a cool feature.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »
This is amazing. Did you shop this because it's genius.

Yes, and thank you  :-*

I wonder if they had any cool ideas for implementing the VMU in the game.

Could have been useful for a map display, who knows. I used to love those little VMU's though. Such a cool feature.

Yeah.... All this buzz made me wonder what IGA could've done if given a project for the Dreamcast. Ya know, if it had been more popular.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: