Poll

the classic style or the anime style?

the classic style
the anime style

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What is your favorite castlevania style?  (Read 8715 times)

Offline belmont

• castlevania is cool
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »
the classic style or the anime style?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What is your favorite castlevania style?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:55:15 PM »
+1
This one's a no-brainer unless you have a serious obsession with pretty boys  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:37:02 PM »
This one's a no-brainer unless you have a serious obsession with pretty boys  :P

Yup. That would be me. Ehehehehehehe.  :D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 12:15:22 AM »
Yup. That would be me. Ehehehehehehe.  :D

So......you voted for anime?  :o
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:20:19 AM »

So......you voted for anime?  :o

Yeah. Please don't hate me for that.....

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 01:28:09 AM »
This is not fair for Pete's sake I got a wall scroll of Simon in his Chronicles form In fact It's the pic you posted With him in profile.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:05:40 AM »
Classic all the way.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 03:51:58 AM »
Quesion for those who prefer Simon's CVII look: if for example Kojima would draw an accurate depiction of him in that outfit, still with the blonde hair and still with a bit of a rugged face, but also done in her style, would you still like it or would you say that the design is ruined? Personally, if she or another artist like Masaki were to do that I would like the design a lot better.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:54:08 AM by Nagumo »

Offline belmont

• castlevania is cool
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 05:20:50 AM »
This is not fair for Pete's sake I got a wall scroll of Simon in his Chronicles form In fact It's the pic you posted With him in profile.

You mean like this one?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:23:05 AM by belmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 10:17:11 AM »
Quesion for those who prefer Simon's CVII look: if for example Kojima would draw an accurate depiction of him in that outfit, still with the blonde hair and still with a bit of a rugged face, but also done in her style, would you still like it or would you say that the design is ruined? Personally, if she or another artist like Masaki were to do that I would like the design a lot better.

If Kojima could pull it off and do an image of CVII Simon without making him androgynous, and his body was to scale (unlike CoD Trevor) then I'd like to see it done. But to get her to come out of her comfort zone might be a bit too much of a challenge for her. In the end I don't feel that she would be able to do it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »
Hard to say. 

I'm not sure she could do that. 

Anyway, I'm all for oldschool Simon. 

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »
If Kojima could pull it off and do an image of CVII Simon without making him androgynous, and his body was to scale (unlike CoD Trevor) then I'd like to see it done. But to get her to come out of her comfort zone might be a bit too much of a challenge for her. In the end I don't feel that she would be able to do it.

I think she already addressed those concerns with her Harmony of Despair art IMO.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 12:03:38 PM »
Voted for anime style but I guess we are the minority.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »
Voted for anime style but I guess we are the minority.

You wanna know what Simon's real anime look is? An anime style that keeps him manly and badass without making him look like a transvestite?

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Simon%27s_Quest_Collectors_Card_Artwork

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »
You are 100% right, that Simon rocks!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags:

anything