Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami remembered Castlevania, guys! You're gonna wish they didn't, though...  (Read 7593 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Y'all like Castlevania, right? Do y'all like dogshit NFTs? Well, you're not in luck because Konami, celebrating the 35th anniversary, is literally selling you the bare minimum as NFTs.

Not much more to say here. Just more evidence they really don't care about their properties, and unique to Konami, without the people who made these franchises what they were still at the company, NFTs really might be the best thing they can come up with.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I'm confused... Checked the site out and was scratching my head.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:15:45 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It's almost like they want to be hated...

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
Disappointing how they treat the legacy of a franchise they obviously lost the ability to understand long ago. It's a disgrace. That art isn't even theirs.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
I've had hard time understanding what NFTs are, because the explanations I have heard are basically describing the selling of nothing. Paying real money for basically nothing in return, without the consent of the artists that originally created the art being sold as an NFT. It sounds more like a scam than anything else...

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Some say Chaos from AoS was comprised solely of Castlevania NFTs….
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
they should promise that all funds they receive will go towards the developement of a new Castlevania game, ha.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
This is something which did not run too far from what I was thought. The whole things they did just doesn't make any sense at all. When you expect something long lost, they not only diss at you, but always offer you something else, plus far worse. That's Konami.
Never put hopes too high to the pitiful company. Castlevania's future relies on somebody else who do care about the IP's true value and do care about the whole 2D action genre.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 05:08:23 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
What Konami is doing reminds me of those unwanted mystery boxes you see sold at stores. They're just full of crap nobody want's to buy.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
I've had hard time understanding what NFTs are, because the explanations I have heard are basically describing the selling of nothing. Paying real money for basically nothing in return, without the consent of the artists that originally created the art being sold as an NFT. It sounds more like a scam than anything else...

That's absolutely what it is. It's a giant scam and waste of time and money, exploiting people with more money than sense, more love of "new tech" than sense, or just no sense at all. Additionally, NFTs are very wasteful of energy, which is terrible for the environment. It's just a travesty for Konami to get involved with this nonsense, I don't know what they're thinking. And I thought they had turned over a new leaf with cool stuff like the Getsu Fuuma remake...seems like they're back to their old trash tricks.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
That's absolutely what it is. It's a giant scam and waste of time and money, exploiting people with more money than sense, more love of "new tech" than sense, or just no sense at all. Additionally, NFTs are very wasteful of energy, which is terrible for the environment. It's just a travesty for Konami to get involved with this nonsense, I don't know what they're thinking. And I thought they had turned over a new leaf with cool stuff like the Getsu Fuuma remake...seems like they're back to their old trash tricks.

Konami has been watching too much Gary Vee… Next they’ll be going to Garage Sales and tracking down copies of their own physical games and reselling them at inflated prices on VeeBay… It’s bulletproof!!! 8)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards

I was coming in to say the same thing. Hahaha.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And I thought they had turned over a new leaf with cool stuff like the Getsu Fuuma remake...seems like they're back to their old trash tricks.

Same here. The Getsu remake looked fun, and I've honestly enjoyed the Castlevania collections, but then they get in on this dumbass NFT crap. Just makes them look scummy and lazy.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Imagine, if you will: A picture on the internet.
And what you are buying, isn't the picture, but a receipt for the picture.

That's the simplest way to explain an NFT. It's literally just a moneymaking scam to part fools from their money.

Which is why it's funny to laugh at all the idiots buying those dumb ape nfts and then hopelessly crying out when someone "steals" it by right clicking and saving. Because you can't do shit. What you bought was not a picture, but a string of code that represents the picture on the blockchain. An overglorified reciept
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything