Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214031 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2013, 03:29:19 PM »
+2
Debug Room - Vamprotector 1/5/2013

Got some work done while on vacation, still working out bugs. Next, overhead climbing, 360 firing, different firing modes, and item usage.Oh yeah, don't know how well it shows in the vid but the game is set at 60 frames per sec.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2013, 12:25:35 AM »
Your whip anchor seems a wee bit masochistic. ;)
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
+1
Your whip anchor seems a wee bit masochistic. ;)

LOL! It should really say "Whip me, I've been very bad!"

By the way darkmanx_429, what song is playing in the debug room? Is that something you composed or is it an oldie?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
LOL! It should really say "Whip me, I've been very bad!"

By the way darkmanx_429, what song is playing in the debug room? Is that something you composed or is it an oldie?

Actually, the tune is Panthro's theme from the original Thundercats...lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:06:36 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:30 PM »
I never would have guessed  ???
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
I never would have guessed  ???
Well, it's not in the official game or anything just for demo purposes...

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
Hey guys, it's been a minute since I had a chance to post. Since my bud Warmachine posted update process on his game Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse I figured I should give a status to where I am at on Vamprotector. Well, I finally graduated and got my Bachelor's in Video Game Art and Design, I moved cross country to from the West Coast to the East Coast, my website is up and running, and I am off to look for a new gig at another Game Company. So it's been a little hetic. I had a brief family emergency after I got in, but now that everything is calming down sum I started to map out pretty much all the maps for Vamprotector. Right now I can give you sneak peak of the Atlantis stage that I am working on. Many of you may have seen the preview vid where you are riding on the Contra 4 "waverunners" at the beginning of the stage. That leads into a classic CV Atlantis platform area and finally the classic waterfall area from the original Contra. The mapping is actually moving pretty brisk as I had all school to gather ideas and now finally I can put them digitally online. After the mapping is done I will begin importing everything into MMF2 and I will be able to produce a nice preview vid similar to the one Warmachine just posted for his project. All images present works in progress:
Atlantis 1-3:  90%DONE

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:45:48 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
Funtastic. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »
Are those Contra 4 tilesets I see in the waterfall area?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:38 AM »
Are those Contra 4 tilesets I see in the waterfall area?
Some of it, but actually I am using alot of modular mapping as well as photoshop to get some unique looking maps. Don't forget too, this is just the base maps. Alot of those open areas will be accented with other modular pieces (i.e. plants) so that the areas look full and I may add more props or too.

As for stages, it's looking like it's going to be 12 stages in the game total. 6 for each character respectfully, with hidden stages about and such. The stages are, Stoker's Fable; Snowfield; Neo City; Ghost Ship; Cario, Egypt; Berlin, Germany; Alien's Lair; Demon Castle War type stage;Jungle, Contra base type stage;Industral;and a Contra top down.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2013, 10:45:10 AM »
Demon Castle War type stage

I wanna see this stage being as busy as possible. Tanks, soldiers, explosions, lightning and fire storms, and hordes of undead marching on the allies as they fight against the invading darkness. And don't forget to chalk it up with some awesome music too!  :D personally I would use this tune for just such an intense stage:

Contra 4-Neo City

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
Remix that with Opposing Bloodlines and its become perfect. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:57 PM »
I wanna see this stage being as busy as possible. Tanks, soldiers, explosions, lightning and fire storms, and hordes of undead marching on the allies as they fight against the invading darkness. And don't forget to chalk it up with some awesome music too!  :D personally I would use this tune for just such an intense stage:

Contra 4-Neo City

We've actually mixed that tune with Neo City (Contra 4) and Battle of the Holy(Aria of Sorrow). My bud Warmachine hooked it up a while back.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2013, 12:11:52 AM »
How does it sound?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
+2

anything