Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 209586 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
Oh shit dude he wall climbs! That's kick ass! He's all secretative like a ninja. Granted i've been playing alot of Ninja Gaiden lately! Plus the disco music sounds great! One question does he have a flying jet pack? Is that why i think he's floating up a bit or something. Eitehr way very nice!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »
Oh shit dude he wall climbs! That's kick ass! He's all secretative like a ninja. Granted i've been playing alot of Ninja Gaiden lately! Plus the disco music sounds great! One question does he have a flying jet pack? Is that why i think he's floating up a bit or something. Eitehr way very nice!
Thanks man. Nope, no jet pack but he can flip off the wall Ninja Gaiden style so that's the seperate animation u see there. (Good eye.) He will also be able to climb horizontally Contra 3 style along with being able to climb vertically. Yes, I did intentionally want to get that NES Ninja Gaiden type movement in the game. It fits in real nice! I am working on the horizontal climbing right after I post this map I am finishing up in a few....

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2013, 11:55:54 PM »
Battle of Neo City Preview
Hardcore as always, though it sounds a bit muddled. Or maybe it's Youtube screwing up the sound quality, I dunno.
Also, a little correction: Battle of the Holy is from The Adventure, not Aria of Sorrow.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:57:39 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »
I gave 'Battle of Neo City' a listen to and while it's good, I can't help but feel that the ominous starting of the original Contra 4's 'Neo City' is missing or lost in translation. It was just such a kick-ass beginning.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
Hardcore as always, though it sounds a bit muddled. Or maybe it's Youtube screwing up the sound quality, I dunno.
Also, a little correction: Battle of the Holy is from The Adventure, not Aria of Sorrow.

I think you got me there....wasn't Battle of the Holy in Aria of Sorrow as well?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
I gave 'Battle of Neo City' a listen to and while it's good, I can't help but feel that the ominous starting of the original Contra 4's 'Neo City' is missing or lost in translation. It was just such a kick-ass beginning.

Well, I could give both of the original tracks a good listen to again and then talk to BMC Warmachine and see if we can add to it later. Warmachine is eventually going to re-record the entire OST and update everything..

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
I think you got me there....wasn't Battle of the Holy in Aria of Sorrow as well?
Nope.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »

Atlantis 1-2 half done. (Whew, these maps are huge!)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
Atlantis 1-2 half done. (Whew, these maps are huge!)

But in the end it all makes the whole thing worth while. Looking good there darkmanx_429! I think you should also include that giant Athenian statue from the red-bricked cathedral stage in Castlevania: Chronicles. When it comes to Atlantis you can never have anything too big.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »
From what game this giant stone face is? With this hole on the forehead it resembles a stone mask from JoJo (this mask appeared in SOTN as a equip, thats why Im asking).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
But in the end it all makes the whole thing worth while. Looking good there darkmanx_429! I think you should also include that giant Athenian statue from the red-bricked cathedral stage in Castlevania: Chronicles. When it comes to Atlantis you can never have anything too big.

Got a pic of it? It is half done...

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
From what game this giant stone face is? With this hole on the forehead it resembles a stone mask from JoJo (this mask appeared in SOTN as a equip, thats why Im asking).

Various sources, I don't remember off hand....

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
This is Castlevania's bastardized statue of the Goddess Athena;

http://videogamegeek.com/image/1454516/cynical

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2013, 05:04:53 AM »
Konami loves using statues. Moai statues anyone?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2013, 10:23:25 AM »
This is Castlevania's bastardized statue of the Goddess Athena;

http://videogamegeek.com/image/1454516/cynical
If someone can rip it, ill incorporate it in...

anything