Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214496 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #465 on: December 24, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »
Just posting a update guys. I took a break from the 3D stuff to go back to working on this project. I should have a bunch of new content to show off on a video pretty soon. The project has still been going on, I just been underground with it. I have went back to work on cleaning up some of the character code for the WHIP/GUN Modes. (Which by far is the biggest part of the game) The majority of the stage stuff for both characters is done. Once I have things functional with the2 playing modes I can begin the process of finally inputting enemy types into the game.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:39:58 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #466 on: January 02, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »
Update  ;D

Just another small update to Richter's Beta room.

- Added Whip/Gun switch modes
 - Added Machine Gun, Spread Shot, Flamethrower, Homing Missiles and Crash Missiles
 - Added randomized sound effects to whip attacks, so that you don't hear the same sound effect over and over lol
 - Added Double Jump and Somersault sprites (sprites by Darkman)
 - Added Aim Lock system i.e. Contra 3 - only for idle shooting, not locked aim while moving i.e. shattered soldier
 - Added the following custom sprites by me;
   Aim Lock (All directions)
   Changed down aiming orientation for aim lock, instead of standing sideways and aiming down, richter "straddles" more      naturally
   Jump Aim for gun mode - again added more natural look for both aiming up and down while jumping.
   Gun Idle stance
   Gun Switch/Whip Switch
   Gun Pain and Death animations (not shown in video) - i.e all contra games lol, rolling animation then laying flat on ground

The track playing will be the track that is in Richter's Prologue stage as well.  We have decided that in order to speed things up significantly that i will be doing the master coding for the game for the players, while Darkman works on polishing up the stage layouts and elements so that when i have the core coding done we can just throw them in the stages and just polish from there, although i plan on having as little of that as possible prior to dropping in the code lol.  Enemy coding will be jumped on once we start putting the main code in, considering enemies will be changing from stage to stage and we don't want to limit the code based on that lol.  Overall, we are both buckling down and getting back to business and should have the game done this year.  A majority of my time will be spent in the afternoons on this, my job stiffed me and i'm on midnight shifts starting tonight  >:( but rest assured we will be getting it done!  Also, sorry for the video quality lol, for some reason it rendered in 360  :rollseyes: Also the rifle sound effect, forgot to mute that out as it was juts a placeholder for me when i was coding lol, but you guys get the idea.  Hope you all enjoy the video and as always, any feedback/critiques welcome!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:55:56 PM by BMC_War Machine »
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #467 on: January 02, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
I guess i'm the only one who likes to pick the original "F" ammo in the first Contra. Random sfx are always welcome. The rate of fire seems too high to me, specially for the "S" or the flamethrower, but maybe you are seeking to implement an agressive playstyle

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #468 on: January 02, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »
I guess i'm the only one who likes to pick the original "F" ammo in the first Contra. Random sfx are always welcome. The rate of fire seems too high to me, specially for the "S" or the flamethrower, but maybe you are seeking to implement an agressive playstyle
Lol as it is for now, we won't be having the "F" ammo from the 1st Contra, that's more personal preference for myself and Darkman.  This will be geared more towards Contra 3's gameplay and mechanics.  As for the rate of fire for the spreadshot, we can adjust that, no biggie at all.  For the flamethrower, this rate will need to stay high to match that constant stream like you get in Contra 3.  Thanks for checking the vid Kaonstantine  8) and we are DEFINITELY going for aggressive in this game  ;D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2017, 09:27:32 PM »

For all the PM's I am getting about the project, here is the list of the main stages (minus the hidden ones) via the map screen in the game:

Helsing:
Alien's Lair
Atlantis
Berlin, Germany
Cairo, Egypt
Clocktower
Contra Base
Demon Castle Wars
Ghost Ship
Jungle
Snowfield
Stoker's Fable (Prologue)

Richter:
Alien's Lair
Botanical Lab
Death Valley
Munition's Factory
Neo City
Opera House
Phangoria
Prologue
The Athenaeum
Underground Mines

The majority of these are done and in the engine. More videos to come of some new stuff.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2017, 11:06:34 PM »
Nice! 20 stages of pure hell  :o

Well.. hopefully not as brutal as I made is sound, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: January 13, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Nice! 20 stages of pure hell  :o

Well.. hopefully not as brutal as I made is sound, lol.
Yep, not claiming the hidden ones. Plus each those stages consists of multiple blocks and areas.

Phase 1: Environments - Designing all the stages and importing them in engine   85%
             2nd Pass - Polish stages, imputing all the effects, traps, etc. 10%
             3rd Pass - Choose Your Destiny, make sure map screen works correctly, implement stage selection 10%

Phase 2: Characters - Richter and Helsing. Fix all the animation issues. Implement all the regular stuff. 8 direction firing and whips. Specials and Item Crashes. Add item usage and weapon upgrades. 45%

Phase 3:  Lifebar - Overhaul of lifebar for Gun and Whip Modes. Implement weapon and Item fusion system. Make sure the lifebar corresponds correctly to all weapon/special/item usage. 20%

Phase 4: Enemies - Add enemy types to all the stages and make sure they spawn/work correctly. 0%
             2nd Pass - Bosses. Code all the Bosses. *Implement Boss Rush Mode which is separate from main game. 0%
             3rd Pass - 2 player simultaneous mode coding

Phase 5: Design all endings and final credits. *Thinking about making an internal clock that depending on how quickly you can beat the game determines the ending that you will receive. 0%

Phase 6: Hidden Stages. 10%

Phase 7: Hidden Bosses. 0%

THE END

Currently, I am working on getting you the demo for the game out sooner then later.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2017, 11:18:10 PM »
The camera looks disorienting. It has some kind of inertia to it, which makes it hard to tell where things are when you're traveling vertically. If you're falling down, you can't see below you. That seems like it has the potential for a lot of unfair scenarios. IMO it'd be fine with a small amount of inertia when the player starts moving but once the player is at a constant speed, it should follow the player and keep them in the center of the screen.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
The camera looks disorienting. It has some kind of inertia to it, which makes it hard to tell where things are when you're traveling vertically. If you're falling down, you can't see below you. That seems like it has the potential for a lot of unfair scenarios. IMO it'd be fine with a small amount of inertia when the player starts moving but once the player is at a constant speed, it should follow the player and keep them in the center of the screen.

I appreciate that feedback. Remember this is a debug room. that camera will be tweaked for sure. Right now we are concentrating on just getting the character animations/actions done in the game.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
+1
Time for a music update folks:

"Bloody Juncture"
combo of "Bloody Tears" + "Jungle Juncture" (Super C)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnjuhl7gecz45dj/Bloody_Juncture.mp3

I was taking a different approach this time around, making the Super C track more custom versus a straight up cover.  Think Dracula Perfect Battle style, more of a custom song with the notable elements of the original in there.  If you all dig it, this may be a way to approach the rest of the OST.

\m/\m/

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: January 18, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
I was taking a different approach this time around, making the Super C track more custom versus a straight up cover.  Think Dracula Perfect Battle style, more of a custom song with the notable elements of the original in there.  If you all dig it, this may be a way to approach the rest of the OST.

Sounds very solid to me. I like the solo at the end. I assume this is going to be the predominant style in your soundtrack. Are all the tracks going to sound heavy?Maybe it wouldn't harm  to have one or two tracks with a softer mood, but well, that's only my opinion. Keep up the good work, Warmachine!

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: January 18, 2017, 04:46:22 PM »

Sounds very solid to me. I like the solo at the end. I assume this is going to be the predominant style in your soundtrack. Are all the tracks going to sound heavy?Maybe it wouldn't harm  to have one or two tracks with a softer mood, but well, that's only my opinion. Keep up the good work, Warmachine!
Thanks dude!  8) yeah that's going to be the predominant style for sure for this one but I'm all for changing things up with some orchestra as well :)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: January 18, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »
Thanks dude!  8) yeah that's going to be the predominant style for sure for this one but I'm all for changing things up with some orchestra as well :)

I would recommend not having as heavy a guitar. I know you love your guitar, but it's over bearing a lot of the time.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »
I would recommend not having as heavy a guitar. I know you love your guitar, but it's over bearing a lot of the time.
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! you don't like my tunes???? WTF DUDE????????

........ ;D just jokin' bud lol, that was the first thought that came to mind to respond to ya, i kid, i kid.

Thanks for the feedback man!  I talked with Darkman about this and I'm uploading a new revision of the track to take out the main leads on the guitars and replaced them with orchestra, so here in the next few minutes i'll be adding a new thread with a poll for the straight up metal vs metal/orchestra mixed.  Personally i've leaned more toward the orchestral mix myself, but after discussing with Darkman we had decided to lean more towards the metal end of things since that's how we started it and it fit the Contra style better, but no reason why i couldn't mix the 2 and still make them work  8)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: January 21, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »

Bloo, you give really in-depth feedback. Keep it up! If you want to shoot me a PM with your direct e-mail, I'll add you to the closed playtest list when the closed beta is done.

anything