Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 209488 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »
My only question is...how the hell did Richter get a hold of a plasma rifle in 1796?!? Did he step through a Rift or something?
Yep, Warmachine pretty much nailed it. Simultaneously in a paraell dimension, Jeremiah Van Helsing is facing Dracula who has rid the world of the Belmont Clan centuries earlier. When the Belmont Clan disappeared the Vampire Killer was passed down to the Van Helsing's for safe keeping. That explains why Jeremiah uses his custom made chain whip because his clan cannot harness the full power of Vampire Killer to destroy the evil, but he fight anyways. When Dracula is defeated, he is saved by Carmilla, The Blood Countess and tossed in his own magic mirror. So throughout the game Richter and Helsing travel through different timestreams defeating bosses and collect pieces of the magic mirror. Once assembled they will be able to return to the appropriate time to defeat Shaft and Carmilla. Of course, there will be a surprise crossover or two that I think you guys will like. I am still working on the script as we speak.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »
Sounds cool, just hoping the rifle doesn't make things too easy VS normal monsters.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »
Sounds cool, just hoping the rifle doesn't make things too easy VS normal monsters.
Nan, we will be ironing out the balancing issue. Remember that there will be custom enemy attributes as well. Imagine a Skull Knight with a shield. The firearms may not effect the shield. So you will have to go into whip mode and destroy the shield then you can destroy the knight with your firearm as the whip won't effect it. There will be some weaker monsters that the firearms can destroy really easily, but will attack in droves. Remember the gameplay will be more to Contra than Castlevania.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:23:31 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 09:02:42 PM »
Pew pew pew the Medusa Heads!
"Who's getting knocked down now, bitches?!"
Then 10 appear at once, 5 from each side.
"Fuuuu---"

HAHA INCORPORATE SHRAPNEL!
*Richter shoots an Axe Armor*
*A piece of shrapnel hits Richter in the leg for 1 damage*
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 10:18:18 PM »
LMFAO!! then after he blasts Richter says " Yippee ki-yay mother%^^>#\" lol. Seriously though, the shrapnel thing really isn't a bad idea!   8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:56 PM »
Pew pew pew the Medusa Heads!
"Who's getting knocked down now, bitches?!"
Then 10 appear at once, 5 from each side.
"Fuuuu---"

HAHA INCORPORATE SHRAPNEL!
*Richter shoots an Axe Armor*
*A piece of shrapnel hits Richter in the leg for 1 damage*
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
Re: Vamprotector fan Game
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »
Gameplay wise from what I've seen, I'm glad that the guns aren't more powerful than the VK... or will it be so that the guns are stronger when Jeremiah uses them given his whip isn't the VK?

Other than that, the music is SO GODDAMN AWESOME!! I can pop these in my iPod and listen to them all day!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:27:31 AM by Ialdabaoth »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »
Thanks a ton dude!! Yeah man, different enemy types will be affected differently depending on what weapon you use. We don't want to make the rifle too powerful with it's default bullets because the range of the gun would make the game way too easy. Like we talked a few messages ago, we plan on REALLY playing with it on certain boss fights to where you have to use the gun for certain portions of the fight and the whip for the other portions. Thanks for the comment dude!   :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »
Gameplay wise from what I've seen, I'm glad that the guns aren't more powerful than the VK... or will it be so that the guns are stronger when Jeremiah uses them given his whip isn't the VK?

Other than that, the music is SO GODDAMN AWESOME!! I can pop these in my iPod and listen to them all day!
Yep. It's not really so much as to what's more powerful than the other, it all really depends on what enemy type that you will be facing and the enemy's attributes. But having the ability to switch between one or the other on the fly makes for some interesting gameplay. Something else that we haven't mentioned is that we are also experimenting with various whip types other than the Vampire Killer that the character can make through item combinations. Such as Holy Water + Vampire Killer = Ice Whip. Also the grand return of the real Flame Whip from Simon's Quest!. I will post some shots the next post. We are trying to figure out what item combination would make a stake gun...as for the OST this is were it's currently at:

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »
When Dracula is defeated, he is saved by Carmilla, The Blood Countess and tossed in his own magic mirror.

lol! Actually darkmanx_429, Carmilla isn't the Blood Countess. That's Elizabeth Bartly (Bathory). Carmilla is know as the Lesbian Vampire. FYI
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:27:32 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
Lmao this is true X, maybe she should be called dark lord carmilla instead ;)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2011, 07:41:24 AM »
lol! Actually darkmanx_429, Carmilla isn't the Blood Countess. That's Elizabeth Bartly (Bathory). Carmilla is know as the Lesbian Vampire. FYI
I am aware of that X, I combined the Elizabeth Barthory persona into my verion of Carmilla.
Lmao this is true X, maybe she should be called dark lord carmilla instead ;)
And, no. What is this Lords of Shadow? rofl

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »
I am aware of that X, I combined the Elizabeth Barthory persona into my verion of Carmilla.

I guess you could say she's a blood countess due to her habit of sleeping inside a stone sarcophagus filled with blood. Like in Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust or the original Carmilla novel.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
Re: Vamprotector fan Game
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »
Definitely even moreso in the Vampire Hunter D story XD

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »
any chance at more music samples? :P I'm dying for more of that music.

anything