Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Soul of Dracula (Fan Game)  (Read 19018 times)

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
Re: The Soul of Dracula (Fan Game)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »
Whoever made this has a great future ahead of them in game design.  I love that they did this old school Castlevania without relying on recycled gameplay concepts from the older games.  Lots of great, original ideas in there.  I wouldn't mind seeing this person (or persons) get handed a budget to create a brand new CV game.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
Whoever made this has a great future ahead of them in game design.  I love that they did this old school Castlevania without relying on recycled gameplay concepts from the older games.  Lots of great, original ideas in there.  I wouldn't mind seeing this person (or persons) get handed a budget to create a brand new CV game.

I agree-gree. Perhaps a CV Rebirth 2 would be nice. Similar graphical styles, just Rebirth is brighter... and has a few recycled stuff.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 05:31:27 AM »
Finally got around to watching the whole walkthrough. Wow. Very impressive game design wise. It's a perfect melding of Haunted Castle, Castlevania, and Legend of Dracula with plenty tasty originality to boot. Like everyone else I have to agree that the graphics blow, but they do remind me of the old DOS era games, so that's ok. It is practically begging for a graphical upgrade, though. That part with Death screwing with you before the fight with him was awesome as well as all the neat stuff in the second part of the main hall. The root chase in the forest was good too.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 06:20:35 AM »
I dunno bout you guys, but I actually like the way the graphics look. They have a dark atmosphere to them. A graphical upgrade would be nice, but this is still cool.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 09:24:28 AM »
Hate the music, love the game though!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »
Hate the music, love the game though!

The music sets the mood, but it is rather redundant. The tracks are too short for the looooooong stages.

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
this game has the best boss battles of the cv fan games,and some of them are better than the official game battles.
for example,the girm reaper boss battle,because you have to climb the chains and the death wants to make you fall cutting them offin the first part,in he second he throws his scickle like a boomerang.
in other words,it´s simply brilliant for me.
the dracula final form is too damn hard.
i could not defeat him.
only bad point is,you don´t have double-triple shot.
the graphic style seems to be a hibrid between the 8bit and 16bit style,and reminds me to the late 80´s games.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
everything's nice but the character looks..should have modified one of th Belmonts instead

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »
Yeah. The player character looks like they picked up a bum off the street, handed him some armor and a whip.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 03:51:05 AM »
Made in the right time !

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »
Wow, if I didn't know any better, I would say that this is a old school Classicvania minus the usual music.  Konami should find the the makers of this game and hire them now.  Then maybe we will get some creative CV games.  Don't get me wrong. I love CV games, but we really need some fresh blood to create CV games.  I love LoS, but it just doesn't feel like a CV game and should be its own series separate from CV.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
I hope this doesn't count as a necro bump, but after seeing footage of this game, I'm very likely to believe it's the best Castlevania clone I've ever seen. This really, really looks like something Konami could have made on the Genesis or Game Gear, and I'd go so far as to claim Konami should purchase the game and adapt it into a Castlevania title.

Or at least consider it an actually playable iteration of Order of Shadows. :P

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »
Wow, I just tried this game and it's freakin' awesome. It felt like Haunted Castle and The Adventure/ReBirth combined.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 06:37:27 PM »
LOL. I just tried it too. On top of what I said before, I also have to add now that the controls are really tight and spot on. Really felt like I was playing a real CV game. Props to whoever made this.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ialdabaoth

• Hunter in Training
  • Struggling Sprite Comic Maker
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
Gave it a shot earlier... This is actually pretty enjoyable... Though the music REALLY needs improvement. Still, this is pretty impressive.

Tags: