Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Any good Horror game out there...?  (Read 7138 times)

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Any good Horror game out there...?
« on: August 15, 2011, 06:09:53 AM »
Is there any good horror game out there, that is really "spooky"?
Resident evil was only the 1st game like that, and that just a few mins in that whole game...
Silent hill is great but, no new game out there right now. :/
Clock Tower already played
Dracula I & II on Psx already played
Necromonicon already played.
F.E.A.R already played
well. Hope i didnt forget one for now

To come to an end, is there any other horror game out there that is any good?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:13:26 AM by OdenAndEvil »
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:18:57 AM »
I'd recommend Fatal Frame and Forbidden Siren. 

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Any good Horror game out there...?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:29:50 AM »
ok, Fatal Frame is called Project Zero here. That is really an awsome game. Only played 1 and 2. 3 and 4 also good?

Forbidden Siren. It looks like Silent Hill doesnt it? Just seen one gamplay video right now, where he did fight a Nurse, but that looks very cool and what im searching for. (:

Thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:18:39 PM »

Fatal Frame 3 is my favourite in the series, so yes - it's rather good IMO.

Did you try Haunting Ground? It's basically Clock Tower 4. I liked it a lot.

Personally I'm interested in the Penumbra games. Are they any good? Scary?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »
They also have horror games on the NES too if you're interested in checking them out. Uninvited looked good and it plays like Déjà vu.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
The original Clock Tower for Super Famicom is pretty darn spookifying. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »

And then there's Phantasmagoria, though I wouldn't go as far as calling it a good game. It's actually incredibly boring most of the time, and then extremely disturbing towards the end. It's not scary, just... disgusting.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »
PLayed Clock Tower on Super Famicom a while back, and yes, its spook :x over 10 years old and i was shitting my pants when the scissor men did rush me for the 1st time and 2nd time and 3rd time and so on...lol ^^°

Uninvited sounds good, if its like Dja Vu. ^^ This old horror games are just great. Wrong way, scary loud sounds, dead, sad music. lol its more spooky then RE5 actually. ^^

and i dont think i will gonna try Phantasmagoria, but you tube will for sure help. (:
thx alot again

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 11:19:34 PM »
like I always mention when these threads come up... if you can find it get Nosferatu Wraith of Malachi. Highly overlooked and unknown game from a few years back. Hard to come by either legit or not. Its worth it tho

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 12:57:56 AM »

Personally I'm interested in the Penumbra games. Are they any good? Scary?

YES. Buy them. Also buy Amnesia.

I still gotta knuckle down and beat those games one day. Only played a bit of 1st part of Penumbra, but it was awesome despite budget limitations and whatnot.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
I agree with Munchy, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is an amazing game worth checking out if your PC is up for it.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 02:24:35 PM »
While not a horror game, Thief: The Dark Project has some pretty scary parts. There's zombies in the game, as well as these totally freaky ghoul things that have rattly chains and holyshiti'mgettingspookedjustthinkingaboutthem; and then there are lots of weird creatures that are sure to unsettle. If you like first-person stealth games with boatloads of atmosphere and really fun, creative gameplay, I recommend it. Don't let negative opinions toward the third game, Deadly Shadows, affect your decision to play the first two. Although despite being rather poor in comparison, I still really liked the third game, and it's got a really freaky ghost stage if you can manage to get that far in the game.

(And if you do play the first game, play Thief Gold over the original. Cool added stuff, except the opening cinematic's THIEF GOLD logo looks really crappy; wish they had kept the original title for the opening.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
Loved Thief. It was incredible for the time... still is - and the first time I passed a guard and heard him say 'What was that? Who's taffing around out there? Come out, you taffer!' I freaked. Subsequent freakings ensued as I progessed - with many a LOL had. Pissed off that I can't seem to get Thief or Thief 2 to work on my rig.

Definitely want to check out Amnesia. Have looked at the trailers and from what I discerned from it, it's very immersive in it's horror setting.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
Eternal Darkness for the GC

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 03:52:59 AM »
So, bought Amnesia on Steam  last Night.
Its still a good game. I dont know wtf is going on in this game, but its scary (:
thx for telling this (:

Tags:

anything