Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378218 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think we're gonna get most of the returning monsters (aside from ogre's, trolls and other monsters that were described to be on the brink of extinction) and some new ones.

Oh and Legion, he would look freaky as hell in the LOS universe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:25:27 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Legion will probably be locked away in some old part of the castle.

I'm hoping we get to the the sleeping Leviathan mentioned in the first DLC.

And once again, can anyone repost a pic of the teaser poster with the wolf? Please.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:48:15 AM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Medusa Heads, Death, Max Slimer, Hunchback Humper Dude

I'm hoping Max Slimer is a joke.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
So. what old monsters do you hope to see in LoS 2?
Bone Pillars would be cool. Even if they are interpreted in a new way(like, some kind of sculpture made out of different bones, holding the dragon skull in a sorta Sedlec Ossuary-esque fashion).

I'd definately would love to see Medusa Heads and Fleamen appear. Generally, I'd love to see more armor-types(Final Guards, Axe-chuckin Axe Armors).

I'd also love to see bats return, and maybe more human looking vampires(less bat hybrids).

As for bosses, please, Slogra and Gaibon... FOR REAL. No statues. Use the designs showed on Twitter all that time ago. Slogra was near perfect(really kept his basic look damn well). I'd like to see re-imagined take on the classic four(Phantom Bat, Medusa, Mummy Man/Akmodan, and Frankenstein's Monster), and am curious how cool a HD version of Legion can be(considering CoD's version was a letdown to look at, and if anybody could deliver one cool looking ball of bodies, it's MS). 

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If they can't get monsters like Medusa heads, mummy men or bone pillars as regular enemies, I wouldn't mind if they were to appear as bosses at least. Just as long as they show up it doesn't matter how as long as I can fight them.

And Slogra HAS to show up as a enemy this time, no excuses. They have the design and they kept it true to the original look yet it only appears as a corpse in the epilogue, that was a waste of a good model.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:35:27 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

not really sure if direct linking is allowed. Allegedly this is from a trailer that will be shown next thursday. Hold on to your butts!
>dat castle
>dat Simon Belmont
>dat Slogra and Gaibon
>dat symphonic Vampire Killer

and a bit of an explanation as to what the trailer is.
"It's definitely for real this time. This is the breakdown of the trailer:

Starts with a hooded man holding a baby and walking through the rain. He looks around (it's Patrick Stewart's character from the previous game) and leaves it on the doorstep of a small house, then leaves. Next to it he leaves an object wrapped in cloth.

Continues with "24 years later..." with a moon and a wolf howling and pans down to show the village in the pitch dark. Cuts between shots of frightened villagers hiding in their houses while orc-like creatures creep around.
     Voice over starts with a guy talking about how a darkness stalks the land or something dramatic like that, and then shows a guy bounding around the houses in the darkness. A blonde villager emerges from the shadows and creeps around in a stable, watching the creatures. He knocks something over, and one of them breaks off to investigate. Blonde dude in the stable looks at the thing he knocked over and picks it up. It's a whip.

He leaps out of the stable and charges at the creature, tackles it then breaks its neck, but not before it shrieks and calls out to the other three or four. He gets grazed by an arrow and nearly chopped up by the other, but takes them out by tripping the archer with a whip and throwing a knife at another. Cuts up the others with a dagger and then sits there with their blood all over him. After a while some villagers emerge from their houses and look on. A woman emerges from the house the baby was left at, and they nod to each other. He drops the whip and walks to his home, while some other villagers close in on the bodies with torches.

Voice over continues, talking about how these attacks happen every night and only get worse. He feels that they're searching for something, maybe him. Proceeds to show the woman walking through the forest in the daytime with her hood up, and takes out an object wrapped in cloth beneath some rocks in some tree roots. She unwraps it and flips through a tome. It shows images of the Lords of Shadow from the previous game, Gabriel destroying the whip, and on the last page a child with the text "Simon Belmont -- Son of the Dragon." She flips past that and in the back of the book is a recess with a whip, beneath which is written "Vampire Killer." She says "The time has come," closes the book, and leaves.

Finally cuts to a bunch of gameplay shots. Simon fighting in the forest, a cave, Slogra and Gaibon in a cathedral, then shows him standing in front of the doors from the OP pic with the whip drawn, in a style reminiscent of the first Castlevania artwork. Symphony Vampire Killer music starts up and shows Gabriel/Dracula on a throne, waking up, then zooms into his eye and says "CASTLEVANIA -- THE DRAGON RETURNS -- 2013." "

there it is, and dont break out the pitchforks and tar and feathers if this turns out to be B.S

-Edit- sorry through all of my excitement i forgot to mention that this info is coming from our favorite imageboard, same with a majority of the other leaks so take it as you will.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:45:40 AM by Ring_of_Varda »
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

You know what? I guess MS and Cox listened to our prayers.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
And where is that description copypasted from?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
And wait... "Simon Belmont, son of the Dragon"? Simon would be Dracula then!  :o

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
And wait... "Simon Belmont, son of the Dragon"? Simon would be Dracula then!  :o

Alucard, maybe? :3c

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Hey guy's what goin on around he..*see's all the rumors*

YES!
SI!
BUENO!
YA!
DA!
JA!
HAI!
SIM!
LE!

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Maybe they'll merge some more characters.

Can't wait for the combination of Slogra and Succubus. A sexy prehistoric duck monster.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
  :o So Simon is now Alucard essentially, if this rumor proves to be true? I...oddly am not as miffed at the idea as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, I'm taken aback by the implications but the possibilities could prove to be interesting if done right. I--dare I say--am interested in the thought of the Belmonts taking out their own 'problem'. Maybe it's in an effort to keep Gabe's soul in check/keep it from being too corrupted until this battle with Satan in the future?

IDK. LOL

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Sounds very plausible. So it seems that rumor about Trevor and Alucard showing up is false too. I'm glad about that since I wasn't really looking forward to those characters being reimagined.

Hah, I wonder if this Simon = Dracula's son thing is going to have the same backlash as Sonia's baby being Dracula's grandchild.   

anything