Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406175 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It better be in a playable way. It's weird posting in a hardcore castlevania forum because i literally feel like I'm the only one who prefers sotn's style of gameplay.

It just has way more replay value to me, the 4th time playing sotn i was getting swords I never got before, the same can't be said with a game where you have the same weapon the whole game. I loved the customization, i think it could benefit the series a lot. No one said you can't join the hardcore gameplay with the variety of new. It confuses me why they don't embrace both.
Lol, don't worry, lot's of people here like the metroidvanias titles. This forum is not as hardcore as you think...

Okay, just catch up... GODDAMIT, I hope Simon = Alucard rumor isn't true. It would be the biggest troll move from MS ever. I'm already trying to accept the Belmont Dracula... it would destroy me. =/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:35:36 AM by Maedhros »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Lol, don't worry, lot's of people here like the metroidvanias titles. This forum is not as hardcore as you think...

but my point is, why do they have to be separated from each other?
Just because a Belmont is in the game doesn't mean the game has to be restricted with equipment and such.

Make the game hard but let you get new armor for simon or something. Let him use different whips, make the vampire killer come late, allow him to use swords..etc.

Variety should not be a negative attribute to a game.

---Also, whats the link to the rumor site again? It always seems to go 404 error on me.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Since when liking Metroidvanias is considered "not as hardcore"? And why should it matter anyway?

Everything comes full circle

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  :o So Simon is now Alucard essentially, if this rumor proves to be true? I...oddly am not as miffed at the idea as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, I'm taken aback by the implications but the possibilities could prove to be interesting if done right. I--dare I say--am interested in the thought of the Belmonts taking out their own 'problem'.

Well, this idea was sort of started in LoI, with the Belmont's having to face Matthias, who was once a close friend and comrade in arms. This is just a slight variation on that. And regarding Simon as Alucard, the parallel would be the idea of a "son," but it's not as if Simon will actually be a vampire, right? Nevertheless, the rumored [debunked?] trailer sounds promising in some regards. [But lose the orcs]. I really need to see gameplay, though. Because for all the positive "thematic/aesthetic" turns, it could end up a glorified re-skin of LoS. And I hope the Vampire Killer song is not the only classic song.

As for Trevor, don't count him out yet. Mirror of Fate is still out there.

If this is all true nobody, and I mean nobody should wine about this, if they do belmont help them.

Listen, though, like I said above, the gameplay and, moreover, level design needs drastic improvements to match any sort of artistic shift in the right direction. I don't want this to end up as a lip service trailer. For instance, just because we might see Slogra doesn't mean the game is going to be 1,000x better than LoS.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:55:18 AM by RichterB »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Since when liking Metroidvanias is considered "not as hardcore"? And why should it matter anyway?
Actually, I was talking that CastleDan thinks that people here only like the classicvanias, making them "hardcore". And that's not true, at all. People here have very different taste in CV.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Whats the link to the leak site?...
you know the 4chan one...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If you want a 4chan link, don't expect it to last, since threads come and go there.

best bet is to browse /v/ or /vg/

and browse for a Castlevania thread. :P
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If you want a 4chan link, don't expect it to last, since threads come and go there.

last and then get re-made? odd..

well I do want one, link me? :P

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
what did the leaker say about the trailer? like word for word...
he said it was fake?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Well, this idea was sort of started in LoI, with the Belmont's having to face Matthias, who was once a close friend and comrade in arms. This is just a slight variation on that.

what

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of image release today?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
We've been bamboozled.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

All hope rest on Nintendo Power, either later on tonight or tomorrow.

If we get nothing, magazine racks will be tipped over.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:08:06 PM by Kingshango »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

I was talking about the rumor of Simon being Gabriel's son, and Gabriel being Dracula, thus giving the Belmonts a historical, familial reason to be combating Dracula in LoS2. Leon and his Vampire Killer's connection with Matthias/Dracula is along those same lines. (IE: A personal, familial responsibility/vendetta. the Belmont/Dracula feud not being random). I don't think it's all that far from where IGA was painting the origin story in this regard.

anything