Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378782 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
LoS took me over 40 hours to finish. Probably the longest game I have ever played in my lifetime yet.

Ever played any rpgs?

And yeah 15-20 hours sounds perfect not to long/short let's just hope that ms does not repeat puzzles over and over.

I do not have puzzlemania mode  for the most except for zelda, but even then the pace feels right there, LoS not so much.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:24:48 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Not that many. I never really had the patience for most of them.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Well, here's to hoping the majority of the game is in the Castle.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

And yeah 15-20 hours sounds perfect not to long/short let's just hope that ms does not repeat puzzles over and over.

I do not have puzzlemania mode  for the most except for zelda, but even then the pace feels right there, LoS not so much.

200+ i want ! , just like a boss 8)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think it's safe to say more of the game will be in the castle because this game will probably have a clear focus on dracula this time.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

then you want a MMO  :o

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I just want to kick Dracul whiny ass, sell the game and live my life.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
The castle's architecture in the artwork kind of reminds me of the castle artwork for Chronicles, which is pretty ballin'.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
As was said in another thread here, artwork can only mean so much. LoS had some gorgeous production artwork, but the "game" left a lot to be desired. These are some tantalizing visuals, though the second doesn't look much different than some of LoS latter stages. I'm not totally getting the CVIII/CVIV cover artwork feel yet; there's a bit of a moodier Assassin's Creed feel here somehow. In short, I need to see gameplay, and a good deal of it. I was fooled by the first stage of LoS, with the rain and the village. Little did I realize that "one screen" was the entire stage, and I would not be exploring the village as it was under siege. I want to be excited, but I can't yet.

As for this notion of everything needing to be "in the castle," I find that a lessening of Castlevania's potential. LoS went too far, as its "world" didn't compliment the castle in atmosphere or design; however, CV II, III, IV all showed how great it is to explore beyond the castle. It generates a terrific build-up to the battle with Drac.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

You know what you be a boss, you be a boss.

On another note I do like puzzles it's just that pacing is important.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards

too bad MMOs in saudi are unavailable except Lol and WOW :'(

so i want a veeery verry loong life CV game
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:33:33 PM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
As was said in another thread here, artwork can only mean so much. LoS had some gorgeous production artwork, but the "game" left a lot to be desired. These are some tantalizing visuals, though the second doesn't look much different than some of LoS latter stages. I'm not totally getting the CVIII/CVIV cover artwork feel yet; there's a bit of a moodier Assassin's Creed feel here somehow. In short, I need to see gameplay, and a good deal of it. I was fooled by the first stage of LoS, with the rain and the village. Little did I realize that "one screen" was the entire stage, and I would not be exploring the village as it was under siege. I want to be excited, but I can't yet.

As for this notion of everything needing to be "in the castle," I find that a lessening of Castlevania's potential. LoS went too far, as its "world" didn't compliment the castle in atmosphere or design; however, CV II, III, IV all showed how great it is to explore beyond the castle. It generates a terrific build-up to the battle with Drac.

IMO

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
http://computer.games-4pro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Trine-2-castle.jpg

well trine 2 always make me want a CVIII remake "

u plays as 3 character , theif , knight and magican and you can see it has a castles , dungeons and crypts has anyone tried this game ? and sometimes the forest levels makes me feel like i'm playing a 2D los so if CV:HOF used the same way of Trine 2 it will be so epic !!

http://www.q8castle.com/vb/images/images_thumbs/549186bac1b804af6a462014d7d934e5.jpg
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:40:17 PM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I hope that game will have some outdoor areas, maybe on Dracula's territory. I don't actually like the idea of the BIG game (20+ hours) set only in the castle.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What we need is a gamestop employee to give us the Deets on what this game releases on!!

anything