Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587414 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2012, 01:00:53 AM »
Monster Hunter is awesome. I wish theyd get their head out of their ass and put more on consoles instead of portables. The market is there I have no idea why they keep treatin it like a 2nd class franchise in the US.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2012, 03:39:12 AM »
I don't want to take 3 hours and several attempts walking and dying through one dungeon because I've been given no clue where to go.
It's not that it hard to find where to go - so far levels designed rather straightforward or at least not very confusing. It's the process of going there that is boring - kill the same monsters over and over, walk through the similar places over and over. Tend to be annoying.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »
Monster Hunter is awesome. I wish theyd get their head out of their ass and put more on consoles instead of portables. The market is there I have no idea why they keep treatin it like a 2nd class franchise in the US.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is coming out in the US for both Wii U and 3DS, also featuring cross-play. So that's a plus. Gives me more incentive to buy the 3DS, but there still isn't enough games to warrant a purchase of the Wii U.

And yeah, I want a Wii U. But as it stands, there aren't enough games I want on it.

Also, on the topic of Monster Hunter, MH4 better come here. That will solidify the fact that I must have a 3DS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:05:37 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »
yeah pretty sure mh4 will make its way here on 3ds... again... why not on a console? So is this MH 3 ultimate just MH Portable Third for nintendo instead of psp?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
yeah pretty sure mh4 will make its way here on 3ds... again... why not on a console? So is this MH 3 ultimate just MH Portable Third for nintendo instead of psp?

No, Portable 3rd contained an eastern setting and what not. 3 Ultimate is a port of Monster Hunter Tri G, essentially meaning it is just MH3, with a ton of new stuff, including the removed weapon styles.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »
Portable 3rd is awesome. Id like to see it officially come to the US =/ I already played Tri on wii Ill prolly have to pass on this new Ultimate one. Maybe some hope will come with mh4

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
Portable 3rd is awesome. Id like to see it officially come to the US =/ I already played Tri on wii Ill prolly have to pass on this new Ultimate one. Maybe some hope will come with mh4

Is there an English patch for Portable 3rd? I'd be all over that. But Monster Hunter 4 looks great, dat new gameplay... Also, my brother looked it up for me, 3 Ultimate is bringing in a ton of stuff from Portable 3rd.

I just also beat Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, going co-op the whole way through with my bro. Hella fun, and extremely powerful. I'd like to know how to get Chapter 5, though.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: January 01, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
yeah theres a patch for Portable 3rd its pretty robust too. I really havent paid any attention to mh4 simply because its only on 3ds

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
Sweeeeeeeeet. I gotta look into hacking my PSP, then. Hopefully they'll finish the English patch for Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave by then, too.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #354 on: January 02, 2013, 03:44:10 AM »
Pikmin... no seriously. I had never played it and then I played the Pikmin attraction in Nintendoland and I liked it, so I got Pikimin 1 &2.
"Stuff and things."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #355 on: January 02, 2013, 05:14:07 AM »
Ocarina of Time (3DS).
This is, oddly enough, the Zelda game I've played the least. I've never finished it but now that I have the 3DS version I'm really digging it. The hype surrounding this particular entry in the series put me off for years (I love A Link to the Past and was annoyed when people said that Ocarina was better. 'How dare they!?' and so on. But now I can totally see why someone would hold this game as the best Zelda ever, especially back in 1998.

I still prefer ALttP cause it was my childhood, but I had I played Ocarina when it was new I might have loved it even more. But since I already played through the likes of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, this obviously isn't as revolutionary anymore. Still, it's a very classy game.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2013, 06:09:40 AM »
Recently completed MegaMari (MegaMan clone with Touhou characters). It's even more hardcore then the first MegaMan on NES.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
Shinobi III, nothing says badass than bad guys that explode when a ninja cuts them.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2013, 09:41:41 AM »
Pikmin... no seriously. I had never played it and then I played the Pikmin attraction in Nintendoland and I liked it, so I got Pikimin 1 &2.

I have never played Pikmin either, but now that I saw the NintendoLand attraction (with my nephew playing as Lead Pikmin), I'm looking forward to playing Pikmin 3, and will be finding a way to play Pikmin 1 and 2 on my Wii/Wii-U.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Weiss Belmont

• The Power of Legend
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »
I adore cyberpunk so I've been pretty addicted to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've also been playing Street Fighter X Tekken. A steal at $20 and a major PHYUCK YU to Capcom.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:56:44 PM by Weiss Belmont »

Tags:

anything