Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586953 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #555 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »
+1
Ive played very little of gods eater and it seems pretty cool

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #556 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:20 PM »
+1
I have very good opinions of the Shin Megami saga, but I never played them so far.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #557 on: July 08, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
+1
Ive played very little of gods eater and it seems pretty cool

It is, also there is this

(click to show/hide)

Again definition of jailbait and she's russian reminds me of that kasumi cosplayer waffle posted awhile back.

I have very good opinions of the Shin Megami saga, but I never played them so far.

Iknow how that feels I have never played vakyrie profile or legend of valkyrie either
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:38:59 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #558 on: July 08, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
+1
Super Mario Galaxy!

Playing this game is actually what finally convinced me to get a Wii a few years ago. I've beaten it before, as well as Galaxy 2, but it's fun enough to warrant replays. Plus, the story in the first Galaxy is really cool with the sad story about Rosalina. Best story in a non-RPG Mario game, in my opinion. 2 Really disappointed me in that regard. It had a lot of improvements gameplaywise though.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #559 on: July 08, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »
+1
It is, also there is this

Again definition of jailbait and she's russian reminds me of that kasumi cosplayer waffle posted awhile back.

Iknow how that feels I have never played vakyrie profile or legend of valkyrie either

Go play them! What's wrong with you!?

Actually, don't know about Legend of Valkyrie. But Definitely Valkyrie Profile. So good.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
+1
Go play them! What's wrong with you!?

Actually, don't know about Legend of Valkyrie. But Definitely Valkyrie Profile. So good.

Ahhh it's times like this that I put that reto gamer badge to good use so in a nutshell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_no_Densetsu

she's also in namco x capcom, project x zone, and her outfit and weapons were available for select for use by Cassandra Alexandra in soulcalibur II (Ki 's costume and weapons from tower of Druaga was for Sophitia, her sister)

imho one of the most beautiful women in gaming (So she shows a little leg so what    :-*  ) I've seen, she also has an awesome theme to boot.

Namco X Capcom - Valkyrie

She beats odin sphere as for vp (never wanted to spoil my self but I'm going to watch more gameplay of the series has been years since I have seen a video) .

Valkyrie no Densetsu 1989 Namco Mame Retro Arcade Games

Also in other news I've beaten mega-man 10 like an hour ago ahh it feels good to beat a game.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:34:03 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: July 08, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
+1
Just downloaded Badland on ios. Holy hell this is a sweet game!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #562 on: July 09, 2013, 02:27:30 AM »
+1
Valkyrie No Densetsu!
That's one of my favourites arcade games!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #563 on: July 09, 2013, 03:09:45 AM »
+1
Ahhh it's times like this that I put that reto gamer badge to good use so in a nutshell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_no_Densetsu

she's also in namco x capcom, project x zone, and her outfit and weapons were available for select for use by Cassandra Alexandra in soulcalibur II (Ki 's costume and weapons from tower of Druaga was for Sophitia, her sister)

imho one of the most beautiful women in gaming (So she shows a little leg so what    :-*  ) I've seen, she also has an awesome theme to boot.

Namco X Capcom - Valkyrie

She beats odin sphere as for vp (never wanted to spoil my self but I'm going to watch more gameplay of the series has been years since I have seen a video) .

Valkyrie no Densetsu 1989 Namco Mame Retro Arcade Games

Also in other news I've beaten mega-man 10 like an hour ago ahh it feels good to beat a game.

What a coincidence I was just doing a whole big-ass study on Tower of Druaga and Legend of Valkyrie yesterday.

I'm finishing off Final Fantasy IV on PSP. I'm itching to finish so I can play the Interlude and After Years.
"Stuff and things."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #564 on: July 09, 2013, 05:46:29 AM »
+1
Mass Effect 3. Knowing the ending's gonna suck is really taking away from the emotional impact of several scenes.  >:(

Otomedius Excellent was at the Bargain Bin for $15.  I bought it.
I also bought Battle Phantasia and Child of Eden. $15 for both.
Plus a super cool chick I know got me Alan Wake.

Hah, I've got Alan Wake on my gaming slate too. I'll be working on that once I'm done with ME3.

And I've never seen Otomedius Excellent over here, but when I do, Kokoro'll be the only reason I get it.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: July 09, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »
+1
Tomorrow's the big day when we start The Last Of Us! :)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2013, 07:25:36 AM »
+1
The last of us is incredible. Just be careful with your saving because I lost 5 hours of progress in the game. My PS3 froze and the save data became corrupted. It really pissed me off.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: July 09, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »
Mass Effect 3. Knowing the ending's gonna suck is really taking away from the emotional impact of several scenes.  >:(

Hah, I've got Alan Wake on my gaming slate too. I'll be working on that once I'm done with ME3.

And I've never seen Otomedius Excellent over here, but when I do, Kokoro'll be the only reason I get it.

She's a difficult character to play as, though, in a Gradius-like Shmup, for a few reasons:

1. She only gets one Option: the Trigon.  You can control where it shoots by moving Kokoro.  Moving forward or down makes it rotate around you counter clockwise and moving back or up makes it rotate clockwise... but that means you have to move to aim, in a game with bullet hell coming at you, not being able to aim where you'd like to shoot increases difficulty.  You can power up the Trigon but it's near the back of the Weapon LineUp, so you're better off grabbing the whip and the force field before attempting to power it up.  Too bad though, as the Trigon is Kokoro's best offense.  Lv1 Trigon just shoots bullets.  Lv2 Trigon shoots little holy-looking stars, and Lv3 Trigon shoots Twin Lasers in both the direction it faces and its opposite direction.

2. She gets a Beam Whip style magenta-colored Laser that you can continuously fire, but it's really weak so it's no good against many bosses.  It's better for the stages.

3. You get to choose between the Boomerang Cross as a LASER, or an Axe as a Double.  The Cross leaves you wide open though, as you can only shoot one at a time unless you shoot it off screen.  If you don't, you have to wait for it to return and leave the screen before shooting another one.  Having the Axe is way better, as it arcs up in a parabola similar to the Castlevania version, plus it's super-strong and goes through enemies... but you cannot have the Whip and the Axe, so you have to wait for the Axe to leave the screen before you shoot another one (like the Cross).  Unless you have a powered-up Trigon Option, you've got to pray to not get attacked by anything while reloading.

Her bonus is that you get the Trigon's "Lightning Sword" as a special move, which is strong and goes through enemies, like a disruptor.
The "Lightning Sword" comes from the old arcade Konami title "Lightning Fighters" ("Trigon"in Japan).  In that game, it was called the "Particle Beam".

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »
+1
The last of us is incredible. Just be careful with your saving because I lost 5 hours of progress in the game. My PS3 froze and the save data became corrupted. It really pissed me off.
So far so good, the game is living up to the hype generated by all the media and my personal expectations.
Thanks for telling me this! I will back up the save file on a daily bases.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2013, 12:32:02 AM »
+1
Valkyrie No Densetsu!
That's one of my favourites arcade games!

she needs to be brought back immediately need more girls like her.

in other news I bought rockman 1 off the psn and let me tell ya rm mm whatever is one of my favorites in the series now  :) the yellow devil no problem. Took awhile but I beat it.
(click to show/hide)

Tags: