Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 592387 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1185 on: April 14, 2016, 07:30:31 AM »
Played some KOF titles and related games on PS2 (emulators).

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum ... Well it really had the potential to became one of the "Greatest hits" games but suffered from horribly tough (and rather pathetic) CPU routine. It's rumored that the main tag system hadn't even decided until the last minute of release.
I like the VA of Mizuchi because the VA distinguished himself to be more than a mere clone of KOF'97 version Orochi and his VA sounds more like human.

Buried myself into the arranged soundtrack in King of Fighters 98 UM (PS2 version) for weeks. Advanced tricks are needed to make the emulator run at 60 fps
Favorite arranged tracks: Both Rugal and his Omega self, normal Geese, boss appearance demo
Geese is in the great party of déjà vu along with the mighty boss team

The PS2 version of KOF 2002 has some glitches that can cause opponents to be defeated immediately and it happened randomly. Although I like Geese in this version because he's more or less the same as his almighty SVC moveset, and the PS2 emulator have problems with screen size of SVC. Geese can't even shout out names of the moves in some of the earlier-dumped NeoGeo ROM versions of SVC

KOF 94 Re-bout version... Many of the greatest themes in all games...  Art of Incident... MVS mode opening theme... Also this version of Esaka ROCKS. The deep and serious atmosphere in these tracks is one of the all-time treasures

It's a shame that the NeoGeo sound module never had any chance to do with Castlevania tracks
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:59:07 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1186 on: April 15, 2016, 03:46:21 AM »
Playing Dark Souls III right now...so far, so good. Kind of wish it was less linear, like the first one...that was great the way the worlds were all so interconnected.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1187 on: April 27, 2016, 07:22:44 PM »
Picked Capcom Vs. SNK 2 and chose VS modes with friends through PS2 emulator.
CvS2 WAS, IS, and WILL ALWAYS BE one of the all-time masterpieces in all games. Just how cool that version of Rugal's Genocide Cutter was, and the light effect that the round kick itself "cuts" through opponent kinda reminds me Zero's Z saber in Mega Man X6

The Genocide Heaven super is BEAUTIFUL. 

kuledi...TOTOMEDA! *The kick cuts through opponent and the coolest light effect comes out*
Shout out is so awesome that I even give up thinking Rugal is some kind of bad guy

Also Rugal's CvS costume is the coolest IMO

LOVE the Idea of Shin Akuma/Gouki and God/Ultimate Rugal

Geese Howard can do run-type dash now thanks goddess

There's a soundtrack clip called "Wipe out" which is used in the final match arena in Osaka before Rugal/Akuma and that particular soundtrack clip ROCKS.  *The tune itself sounds like a theme specially written for Iori though

Anyway it's good to see how awesome a fighting game can be; It's an awesome match which can't be easily forgotten

KEEP ROKIN' BABE

*The coolest beep sound beeps*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:43:16 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1188 on: April 29, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
Metal Slug..... a lot of it.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1189 on: April 29, 2016, 07:51:46 PM »
SFV online, maining Bison (dictator) it's my favourite iteration of him, liking the version of him without a psycho crusher special move (super only) better.

Shovel knight, need I say more.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1190 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »
Giving Fallout: New Vegas my first try-out. After playing some more of Fallout 4 I had to give its predecessors a play. I'm enjoying it so far. Had my keester handed to me by those damned scorpions! Not so thrilled about that part...  >:(
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1191 on: April 30, 2016, 06:09:44 AM »
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.
So far it's the best one IMO, now looking forward to 1/2 Genie Hero

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1192 on: May 01, 2016, 11:54:37 PM »
Giving Fallout: New Vegas my first try-out. After playing some more of Fallout 4 I had to give its predecessors a play. I'm enjoying it so far. Had my keester handed to me by those damned scorpions! Not so thrilled about that part...  >:(

Was that right after you leave the first town? That's when I first encountered those things, and I got promptly wrecked, too.

Still playing Dark Souls 3, this time on NG+, playing in ember mode as much as I can, in hopes of fighting more NPC and player invaders. Invaders must be seriously nerfed on this one (had heard about this but don't know the extent), because I haven't been totally annihilated yet. I've been ganged up (2v1) a good handful of times, but that was in covenant territory. It was actually pretty fun...I've gotten pretty close to killing at least one of them several times when I'm facing two, but no such luck yet.

I'm surprised how much it adds to the game when you can continue certain NPC's sidequests without accidentally messing them up. I just played through on NG without trying to perform specific actions for quests, just doing stuff as it came up. But now the game's growing on me quite a bit, knowing what I need to do to see them to the end. Going for the usurpation of fire ending this time...
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline yamabigdog

• Uber Pwnerer
  • Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1193 on: May 02, 2016, 12:37:58 AM »
Enter the Gungeon.  It's a weird, quirky rouge-like with, you guessed it, guns.  The market is really starting to get saturated with rogue likes, but this one has some charm to it.  Addictive too.  Something about the way all the characters bounce when they walk about.  Cheerfully heading towards their inevitable doom.
Been here since the 1st NES CastleVania.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1194 on: May 02, 2016, 02:35:15 AM »
Battlefleet Gothic and Trails in the Sky. Both pretty fun 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1195 on: May 02, 2016, 04:52:55 AM »
Just finished Shovel knight. Liked it. Onto the next one now..
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1196 on: May 02, 2016, 09:46:42 AM »
Was that right after you leave the first town? That's when I first encountered those things, and I got promptly wrecked, too.

Yup. Stupid Radscorpions.. >:(
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1197 on: May 04, 2016, 10:07:28 PM »
Just beaten Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel (Pamela) with 1-HP-mode patch last night.
Always have only 1 HP in the whole game is cruel, but actually very satisfying after I beat it. Kinda reminds me the "NOMIS" mode of Castlevania Chronicles (PS1) which is also given only 1 HP at the start of every stage

It touched me that the developers had made in-depth test themselves in order to find out any problem within the game that caused it can't be beaten without getting hit and then built the game in an ideal shape that satisfied players and developers both

That's the reason why RKS, RKSF and Castlevania Chronicles became the chosen games on my unbeatable list of top 3 in all games.
Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles is also a potential entry of my top 3 but I have false images of Lecarde Chronicles 1's hard mode
 I also love to see another game that is as cool as Lecarde Chronicles 1 came out but I still looking forward to see how awesome Lecarde Chronicles 2 will be when it comes out in the nearest future
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:09:45 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: May 07, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »
Finally playing the Bloodborne DLC...man, it took me a while to get the feel of the gameplay back again

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1199 on: May 09, 2016, 07:43:41 AM »
Been playing a lot of Streets of Rage 2 ever since that Tim Allen hack came out.  Man is it ever satisfying to play as Max, grab a mook and just break them!

Also been playing a lot of Serious Sam: TFE.  It's a pretty intense game; the best way I can describe is if you're in a run n' gun, but in 3D. The levels aren't exactly mazelike, but there are still plenty of secrets to find.

Tags:

anything