Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?  (Read 27925 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2013, 09:03:57 PM »
Not to fan any flames, but I'm a VERY old-school CV fan and honestly LoS has had nothing much for me. Well, the artwork was good. The music has pretty much all been forgettable Hollywood tripe. Also, the game play was too derivative for it's own good. The story has been no better than the original timeline's regardless of the over abundance of melodrama. MoF was a half-asses attempt to infuse the LoS with some classic series style game play. It might have worked if they hadn't completely separated combat from platforming. This had the unfortunate effect making the exploration aspect of the game  incredibly boring. Also, why the hell do bad-ass Vampire Hunters have to take 3 swings at a barrel for it to break? That's just a lousy design choice. The added ability to swim was nice, though. The plot twists that were easier to see coming than a flaming truckload of manure barreling down the highway at midnight were not. And for god's sake when are they going to learn that locking me in a room full of waves of enemies that absorb damage like a tank with ablative armor is not fun. Still, there were a few cool things here and there. That said, I have absolutely no hope for the final game in the trilogy. I expect nothing but vaguely veiled retelling of big-bad turned anti-hero that I already played through years ago in Legacy of Kain only less original and with the "Extreme, Epic" turned up as high as the hardware will allow.

I posted this on another site. I realized that this is a pretty concise summary of what I really think about LoS, MoF, and LoS2.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2013, 02:30:13 PM »
April 23, 2013, 02:30:13 PM - Hidden.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »
+1
It happens so that part of a fanbase is constituted by girls, who happen to like mapquest starring girls.
Many of them present on this forums.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »
+1
I've had little hands-on experience with the Lords of Shadow, but from the outside looking in, I think it's just great that CV's got its testosterone back after all those mapquests starring girls.

Yeah, how dare girls and effeminate men play lead roles in video games?!  GTF back into the kitchen girls, and the effeminate male characters are only allowed to be comic relief characters or villains, damn it!

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2013, 06:23:41 PM »
April 23, 2013, 06:23:41 PM - Hidden.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »
+4
Because you can't be a warrior and female or feminine in any sort of way?

What a load of shit.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
+2
Nice.

I've had little hands-on experience with the Lords of Shadow, but from the outside looking in, I think it's just great that CV's got its testosterone back after all those mapquests starring girls.

What's got more testosterone than a Belmont in his FIFTIES Grand-crossing hard enough to RIP CHUNKS OF CASTLEVANIA ITSELF apart, nevermind the pieces are actually in the background?

Soma vs Julius

'bout 1:20 in.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:09:11 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
Dat Julius. And I bet he was feminine when he beat the daylights out of Dracula in 1999.  8)

Kind of irritating that you can't link to videos with time-mark thingies on this forum.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »
What's got more testosterone than a Belmont in his FIFTIES Grand-crossing hard enough to RIP CHUNKS OF CASTLEVANIA ITSELF apart, nevermind the pieces are actually in the background?

Soma vs Julius

Can't beat that you just can't...

Dat Julius. And I bet he was feminine when he beat the daylights out of Dracula in 1999.  8)

Kind of irritating that you can't link to videos with time-mark thingies on this forum.

And all the ladies were probably on or after him lucky guy.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »
Yeah, I said it more than once...
I'd be totally into him, being the mature handsome and elegant man he is.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:53 PM »
Yeah, I said it more than once...
I'd be totally into him, being the mature handsome and elegant man he is.

Man has style cannot deny that now can I?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
Nope  :)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »
Man has style cannot deny that now can I?

Yeah. He would have been so handsome at that time.
Sad to say he had amnesia and did not leave an heir. /boo...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2013, 01:12:00 AM »
Theres still time ladies. He may be older but I bet he can still take you around the world unlike many others. He's still a Belmont after all.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:44 AM »

Good one, Roman-kun.  :)

anything