Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game  (Read 53828 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 02:51:37 AM »
In Reply To #60

Awesome stuffs. You are having some talent there!!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »
I'm not sure I have talent, but I am eager to create my own game. ;D The only problem is that I can't do everything by myself. :p

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2008, 04:41:44 AM »
In Reply To #62

I know what you mean.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2009, 04:04:22 PM »
Time to post an update here too.

A few pictures:

Basically:
  • Sin made several new sketches, and we eve have two prototype artworks. All the in-game dialogues will use portaits made with that style;
  • Ultimecia will be coloring all the artworks;
  • I'm gathering some of older enemies of the series that have never been used in newer titles. Suggestions are appreciated;
  • About 13 bosses defined. Looking for ideas to bring that to at least 18;
  • Showing a little the new item menus.

For more news, check the official blog.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2009, 05:22:41 AM »
In Reply To #64

I really love your work guys!! I'm eager to see the final product from all this work!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TheForthcoming01

• The Last Hero of youtube
  • Hunter in Training
  • The Forthcoming has arrived...
    • Rob's mysterious world
    • Awards
Re: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »
Looks awesome!!

Make some enemies if possible like
a giant man/woman eating plant,
Giant clam, squid, octopus, etc. for Maria to tackle and make
more underwater enviroments and also keep up the good work!!

Rob K.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2010, 01:37:10 AM »
This game looks jawesome! Way too many great fangames...

As for boss suggestions, there was one incubus character in the radio drama NitM thing and I totally forget his name, but maybe you can stick him in this game somehow? He had some kinda confrontation with Maria so it might work as an edited Succubus fight.

Some other ideas:

-Stained Glass Knight (obviously of much higher caliber than Haunted Castle one)
-Since it's in Serbia (right?), would Baba Yaga fit in somewhere? Maybe as a merchant character?
-Other folklore from around that country would make great enemy ideas, I think.
-Aaand just for the hell of it, some souped up enemies from any of the Gameboy CVs would be cool.

EDIT: Holy shit, if the game is in Serbia, you guys have a veritable cornucopia of Russian mythology to work with. (It's under Slavic mythology, but it's a close region I think)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_mythology

Katschei the Immortal/ Koschei the Deathless is a lecherous... sorceror? Lich? Anyway, he did lots of black magic stuff to be immortal and would be a creepy character for Maria to fight.

See also Rusalka, Kikimora, anything in there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:07:47 AM by Munchy »

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
Uh, hello? The topic creator hasn't posted here in over a year.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »
But I usually read this boards pretty much every day and was going to write a reply soon. Just because I don't post it doesn't mean I'm gone.

@Munchy: you sure gave sin_batsu and I a lot of ideas to work on, many thanks! I never thought about using anything from the Slavic folklore (I barely knew that many weird figures existed to begin with) other than for a few vampires, but there's so much information in that Wiki page that we're probably stuffed with all the necessary material for new bosses and enemies.
Speaking of Koschei, there was initially some kind of boss based on astral bodies and souls, but I never decided what to base it on. Koschei seems the best candidate to fill that position.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
But I usually read this boards pretty much every day and was going to write a reply soon. Just because I don't post it doesn't mean I'm gone.

@Munchy: you sure gave sin_batsu and I a lot of ideas to work on, many thanks! I never thought about using anything from the Slavic folklore (I barely knew that many weird figures existed to begin with) other than for a few vampires, but there's so much information in that Wiki page that we're probably stuffed with all the necessary material for new bosses and enemies.
Speaking of Koschei, there was initially some kind of boss based on astral bodies and souls, but I never decided what to base it on. Koschei seems the best candidate to fill that position.

Hey, don't thank me, thank Wikipedia. I have no idea if I've even got the right region (but it's all sorta Eastern Europeany, isn't it?)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
Is this project dead? If so, I will be completely devastated. If not, I'm willing to help with anything along the lines of spriting, art, etc..
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2013, 04:09:08 AM »
Is this project dead? If so, I will be completely devastated. If not, I'm willing to help with anything along the lines of spriting, art, etc..

You should PM Jorge and ask him if he knows anything.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything