Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My multiplayer CV server test!  (Read 11330 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
Added a port-forwarding rule for that port for my computer in my network.
My Windows Firewall is disabled (it always is).

Still no dice, man.
"Could not connect to server".
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 08:17:22 AM »
That's really weird man I dunno what else to tell ya. Obviously it works for others cause ppl have connected (who was slogan on yesterday lol) so I dunno!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
Not much to show right now. Ive took the server down while I work on stuff this weekend. Today Ive started on the ui controls and made a real chat input and a new font. The chat input opens with the enter key and supports resending msgs youve sent before by scrolling thru em with up/down. It also trims up input and I made the chat bubble formatting a bit better.

The main thing Ive added/changed today is the creation/login setup. Since I started makin the ui controls today I went ahead and made a real character creation screen.

No more popups yay!! Along with an actual ui to create characters came a lot more strict control over the different parts. Now theres only set color choices (16 total) and names are more strict. Now they cant contain anything but letters and must be 3-16 characters long. It will also capitalize the first letter.

Thats about it for today. Now that the ui controls are mostly done Im gonna work on actually creating and saving accounts so I can get the first bits of persistence in. Then its prolly gonna be time to work on server time of day syncing and day/night cycle! Ill put the server back up with the new client version sometime tomorrow if anyone wants to pop in and check it out. Im still wantin to get lots of ppl on at once and see how it does! I added server logging info so I can see when ppl have logged on and how long. I check it a few times a day hopin to catch some ppl on but no luck so far =/

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 05:42:28 AM »
I dont have much time weeknights cause of work so I dont start any big additions til the weekend. This week Ive been workin on mostly graphics. Heres the intro/title screen so far

I like it. And its all animated =D

I changed the default resolution so everything doesnt look as weird. Everything is much cleaner now

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 08:22:22 AM »
Not much to show right now. Ive took the server down while I work on stuff this weekend. Today Ive started on the ui controls and made a real chat input and a new font. The chat input opens with the enter key and supports resending msgs youve sent before by scrolling thru em with up/down. It also trims up input and I made the chat bubble formatting a bit better.

The main thing Ive added/changed today is the creation/login setup. Since I started makin the ui controls today I went ahead and made a real character creation screen.

No more popups yay!! Along with an actual ui to create characters came a lot more strict control over the different parts. Now theres only set color choices (16 total) and names are more strict. Now they cant contain anything but letters and must be 3-16 characters long. It will also capitalize the first letter.

Thats about it for today. Now that the ui controls are mostly done Im gonna work on actually creating and saving accounts so I can get the first bits of persistence in. Then its prolly gonna be time to work on server time of day syncing and day/night cycle! Ill put the server back up with the new client version sometime tomorrow if anyone wants to pop in and check it out. Im still wantin to get lots of ppl on at once and see how it does! I added server logging info so I can see when ppl have logged on and how long. I check it a few times a day hopin to catch some ppl on but no luck so far =/
I'm liking this ALOT! If you overhaul your create-a-player with also say i.e. different hair styles from the cv games or accessories, i.e. eye patch, bandana, armbands etc. then that would give players a little more customization . I really like that you can choose between male or female.

Also, I know that you probably staying true to the original game, but if you could incorporate some new puzzles that can only be solved by multiple players that would be a real treat. I would look at Zelda legend of the four swords for reference.

I would also add some additional animations, like maybe bats flying around. (Such as in this background.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:23:57 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
The players are in their underwear and bald for that exact reason. There's gonna be selectable hair styles and custom colors just like skin. And visible inventory items as well. Right now I'm planning hair/helm chest legs boots gloves and of course weapons all visible when equipped

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »
You plan to add basic emoticons for the chat?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »
You mean like animated? No. I'm no pixel artist so I can't really make new animations

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »
Not animated, more like static ones like this -> :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »
YOU! I'd like to help in anyway I can. Music? I can try making hair. Y'Name it. Multiplayer Castlevania is always a good thing.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »
I havent really thought about it Lelygax. I might depends on how easy it is to implement. It might be somethin I add on down the road.

The newest version (0.06) is up now at the same DL link if anyone wants to see the intro screen or play around. Not much new just mostly improvements. The server is on my main computer for now cause my other computer I use as a server is actin up =/ I think my mobo is slowly but surely shot. Maybe you should try again Jorge to see if you can connect now while its hosted on a different computer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
+1
I got a lot done on version 0.7 this weekend. Account creation and handling is done now. That means so is the first bits of persistence! Now when you register an account your login is your character name. Of course it won't allow more than one account with the same name and the usual stuff like that. Now gender and skin color is saved as well as location and position. Once your character is created it can't be changed (yet) so make sure you actually pick what you'd like it to look like. I plan to add appearance npcs in some towns later on so you can change certain features after char creation. Lots of tweaks to everything else and also the inclusion of slash commands I'll put more info about that up later when I release the current version prolly sometime this week!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »
Good to hear this.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 05:46:38 AM »
I havent updated in a while or had a new version for ppl to test but Im still pluggin away on it! Im changing shifts at work next week which means I wont have to get up so early in the damn mornin so Ill have a bit more time to work on it thru the week. Ive started addin some placeholder stats for the players and workin on the npc system. Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work on before theres much to see on the client. Lots of new slash commands. All the options can be controlled with slash commands and everything is saved in a client ini file so it gets reloaded. Heres a shot of the login screen

And heres a shot of how the came looks while playin currently!

All for now! work time!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »
I havent updated in a while or had a new version for ppl to test but Im still pluggin away on it! Im changing shifts at work next week which means I wont have to get up so early in the damn mornin so Ill have a bit more time to work on it thru the week. Ive started addin some placeholder stats for the players and workin on the npc system. Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work on before theres much to see on the client. Lots of new slash commands. All the options can be controlled with slash commands and everything is saved in a client ini file so it gets reloaded. Heres a shot of the login screen

And heres a shot of how the came looks while playin currently!

All for now! work time!

Where's the vid of it in action?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: fangame