Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Question about Wii U's.  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »
I might get in on some of that smash action. Of course I'll have to destroy you all with the power of the Blue Bomber.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »
I just realized I can't use the gcn controller huh....
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
I just realized I can't use the gcn controller huh....

Buy or make a custom made, they have even SNES controller pro lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2013, 01:41:38 AM »
There are adapters which allow a GameCube controller to be read as a Classic Controller. I'm sure it'd work with the new game.

Me, I'll probably just try and play with a Wii U Pro Controller. The GameCube pad has had a good run, and I'll continue to use it for the previous games, but I'd like to try something new.

Then again, I always get tripped up trying to play the older games with a Classic Controller. The A, B, and X/Y buttons are placed so beautifully on the GCN controller that it feels so natural.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 11:49:17 PM »
I wish i could transfer my VC games to the Wii U, and I wish it had GC compatibility. I could just sell the Wii to clear room. Would also entice me to buy a U much faster.

Question: anyone know of any date that the windwaker bundle will stop? That shit's a nice price for what it is, but I want to wait for around Christmas or so to make the investment. (especially since most of my highly anticipated games, like Sonic, SSB, and Bayo2 aren't even out yet)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:52:48 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 12:24:41 AM »
There is a Wii transfer tool which transfers save data and licenses (and any VC/WiiWare titles currently on the Wii's memory). I did this and have all my previous VC titles on the U, although not before having done a NAND backup since the transfer causes all the content to be deleted from/unusable on the Wii otherwise.

Though you'd still have to keep the Wii around as a GameCube machine.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything