Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots  (Read 86971 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2014, 08:13:20 AM »
Anyone else get the feeling from the Screenshots, that Wolf form will basically work just like Dracula's Mist form, and Alucard's specific Void/Chaos replacements will function like Light+Dark magic, but with the Ice/Fire elements?

My lack of surprise at this observation is surpassed only by my reaction this morning upon discovering that the sky is still blue.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »
It'll be just Dracula's power re-skined.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2014, 09:40:14 AM »
Definitely, but how does the wolf form being like the mist form make any sense? I guess we gotta wait to find out.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Definitely, but how does the wolf form being like the mist form make any sense? I guess we gotta wait to find out.
(click to show/hide)

Please note, I got the information from the rip.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »
I made the assumption based on the screenshot showing an ethereal wolf projecting from Alucard and going through a grate.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2014, 05:24:19 AM »
I think there's a misconception here.

Just because a company is planning to do DLC for their game and creates it at the same time the game is being made to release later, does not mean it was ever intended to be a part of the original release, should be part of the original release, or that you're somehow owed it as a part of the original release.

People want downloadable content now, especially story based content that adds an extra chapter to the game or expounds on the ending. The anti-dlc crowd is in the minority here, if they were not, it wouldn't be so common.

There is nothing inherently wrong with it either. I always love knowing that a game is going to have some extra content that I can come back to in a months time or so and get a little more out of it instead of just waiting two years for a potential sequel at best.

I just finished Obsidians South Park RPG, and it was exceptional. Probably the best use of a license since the first Batman: Arkham Asylum. It was however, just about 13 hours long. I would love, just absolutely love for there to be some episodic DLC for the game. But there probably won't be, which makes me sad.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »
I think there's a misconception here.

Just because a company is planning to do DLC for their game and creates it at the same time the game is being made to release later, does not mean it was ever intended to be a part of the original release, should be part of the original release, or that you're somehow owed it as a part of the original release.

People want downloadable content now, especially story based content that adds an extra chapter to the game or expounds on the ending. The anti-dlc crowd is in the minority here, if they were not, it wouldn't be so common.

There is nothing inherently wrong with it either. I always love knowing that a game is going to have some extra content that I can come back to in a months time or so and get a little more out of it instead of just waiting two years for a potential sequel at best.

I just finished Obsidians South Park RPG, and it was exceptional. Probably the best use of a license since the first Batman: Arkham Asylum. It was however, just about 13 hours long. I would love, just absolutely love for there to be some episodic DLC for the game. But there probably won't be, which makes me sad.

You have a point. But in my opinion... Any time spent making alucard dlc should have been spent making more time for victor, a big fight against satan, a bigger area for the toymaker, a better zobek fight, improving stealth sections, making secret bosses, making more varied enemies, the list goes on. I have no problem with dlc. I have a problem with half assed games selling you the rest of the game after you already paid good money.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Well that's not what is happening here so you should not have a problem. You basically want a different version of Lords of Shadow 2 completely, which would not have happened no matter how much time they had considering the testimony that we got from an employee of Mercury Steam.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
It is exceedingly shameless how quickly DLC was announced.

Buuut I guess it just saves me some money waiting for the inevitable Ultimate Edition, so it's *ultimately* a good thing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:15:36 PM by Munchy »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »
Good. Now that the DLC announcement is over, I can now wait for the announcement of the next developer.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »
How is it shameless? Its just good business. Like I said, people by and large appreciate story based DLC for games so working on some while you're making the game is just the efficient thing to do, and announcing it for 1 month after the game is a fair amount of time.

I'll agree its about as early as you'd want to get. One month I believe is fair, but if they were going to release it just two weeks or three weeks out instead of four I think that would be pushing it. But for a game like this, that is not too long and does not contain an ample amount of replay value it's fine.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
Good business doesn't make it any less shameless. you know what used to be a thing? unlockable content. remember that? pepperridge farm remembers. Expansion packs too. this dlc would, 10 years ago, have been either unlockable content,  or its own game. if on pc, an expansion pack. but those had more content. they bordered on new games themselves.

now they plan dlc in advance, and announce it just as soon.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
+4
Or in the case of present day expansion packs, like the new Diablo III expansion, they will charge the same as the full price game. Hgnnghgh.

but those had more content. they bordered on new games themselves.

I remember the Frozen Throne expansion pack to Warcraft III, and the Breakthrough expansion for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault being as big as the original games themselves. Those were the days. ;_;

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »
+1
There'll always be a defense force for everything on the internet.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »
Like the misconception that you were somehow "owed" this DLC as part of the original release.