Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots  (Read 87144 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
+2
I don't think Lords of Shadow 2 was incomplete. I think problem was direction they took was wrong direction. This was a game that could been much better if it cut down on modern day sections i.e the stealth, the uninspired city vistas that included factory. The whole castle sections are gold its like whole different game with exception of Agreus. I would argue that Agreus section could been great if they made it way more intuitive in that you had to use your different abilities rather than just mist form. Make it a real maze instead of a short section in which player can experiment instead of just using simply mist form.   Ahasverus is right they had budget and resources but you could tell that game wasn't shaped well *cough* Alvarez *cough*.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »
There is actually that invisible set of shimmy points in the city of the damned that were obviously cut content.

I love things like that in games, by the way. its something really missing from modern games. That kind of sense of wonder as you explore unused areas and unfinished bits.

I loved finding the unused sections of Sonic Unleashed.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2014, 07:40:25 PM »
Maybe not, but we do agree LoS2 was incomplete, right?

Every game is "incomplete" with stuff being left on the cutting room floor.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
The games has a problem far bigger than lack of resources: Lack of vision. You can feel the budget, but you can see it ill-used. This DLC didn't drain resources from the main game, but chances are it will share its problems. Fun Fact: If it's indeed 5 hours it's going to be longer than every 2D entry at speedrun.

¬¬

You know this is a completely useless comparison right, unless you were comparing the two of them being played on these terms right?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »
¬¬

You know this is a completely useless comparison right, unless you were comparing the two of them being played on these terms right?
Eh you know they will make it so it can't be speedran. Blocked doors etc. At the least it will be longer than all ClassicVanias won't it?

Everything comes full circle

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2014, 07:47:03 PM »
7 out of 10 achievements revealed, the other 3 are most likely story related

Heir of Darkness
    • Complete Revelations at Prince of Darkness difficulty
    Fine Nose
    • Find all the Secret Boxes and Soldiers' Diaries in Revelations
    Art Dealer
    • Collect all the artwork in Revelations
    The Path of the Wolf
    • Acquire all the Crissaegrim's combat skills and upgrades in Revelations
    Crissaegrim Master
    • Increase the Mastery Level of the Crissaegrim to the maximum in Revelations
    Butcher
    • Kill an enemy with the Ballroom's saw in Revelations
    Not Again....
    • Find those annoying characters from Alucard's past in Revelations

The last achievement hints towards returning MoF characters...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2014, 07:54:23 PM »
Maybe not, but we do agree LoS2 was incomplete, right?

Yes, but that incompleteness comes from a lack of direction, not from an Alucard DLC.

The last achievement hints towards returning MoF characters...

It's the hunchbacks. I guarantee it.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »
The games has a problem far bigger than lack of resources: Lack of vision. You can feel the budget, but you can see it ill-used. This DLC didn't drain resources from the main game, but chances are it will share its problems. Fun Fact: If it's indeed 5 hours it's going to be longer than every 2D entry at speedrun.

Long does not equal good.

But from what I've heard of the game, your assessment seems accurate. The game looks like it has a severe case of ADHD; all of these random ideas and plot points were thought of, and it seems like they bit off more than they could chew trying to cram all of it into the game.

And DLC is a bit of a grey area, because unless we're talking about a developer with some amazing corporate transparency, consumers just aren't going to know what had to be cut due to lack of resources/time or what was just planned out for DLC and squirreled away.

I don't care much one way or the other, because in the end I pretty much always ignore DLC anyway. Most cases of DLC, however, give me the impression that a developer thinks their game is worth more than the initial $60 and doesn't want to come out and say so, instead putting more content behind a pay wall and marking it as an "extra".

It's impossible to deny that this looks suspicious when a game like LoS2 is rushed out the door, seemingly incomplete, and then suddenly the DLC is announced.

All this speculation likely comes off as masked caterwauling, especially when someone could just as easily wait for the game's price to drop a third or two. But this sort of "business first" approach to games really, REALLY makes it suck for day-1ers who really look forward to a new release.

EDIT: I just remembered that I kind of conflated "developer" and "publisher". I wouldn't be surprised if the final decision for putting out DLC came from Konami themselves and not MercurySteam.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:46:20 PM by Munchy »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
Hey, we finally have a trailer.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/alucard-rises-in-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-revelations-dlc/1100-6418388/

Dual wielding FTW.

Also, why is Alucard hiding Dracula's shit? Just leave it on his coffin-side table

EDIT: WOO, STEALTH IS GONE!

So if this has been in development since LoS2's development, do you think they were removed or if their inclusion in LoS2 was just some bizarre shite?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:58:15 AM by e105beta »

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »
There's very little about Lords of Shadow 2s development that isn't bizarre. But I'm glad that he uses 3 different swords and feels unique compared to Dracula.

So seeing him leave the void sword and the chaos power at the places Dracula finds them in the main game, I guess this confirms that the castle is a place that exists totally outside of time and space in this continuity. Unless Alucard is doing that while standing next to his fathers coffin and somehow traveling inside his mind.

Either way, I wonder if Alucard leaves a piece of himself in the castle as well and that is the young Trevor that we encounter.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
There's very little about Lords of Shadow 2s development that isn't bizarre. But I'm glad that he uses 3 different swords and feels unique compared to Dracula.

So seeing him leave the void sword and the chaos power at the places Dracula finds them in the main game, I guess this confirms that the castle is a place that exists totally outside of time and space in this continuity. Unless Alucard is doing that while standing next to his fathers coffin and somehow traveling inside his mind.

Either way, I wonder if Alucard leaves a piece of himself in the castle as well and that is the young Trevor that we encounter.

I figure the castle is some sort of pocket dimension that Dracula can summon at full strength if he so chooses. It explains how the castle comes back after crumbling in Mirror of Fate.

Either way, that's good, because it means that the DLC will be primarily in the castle. Honestly, if the DLC is too good, it's going to indirectly be the biggest bummer of this whole game, in that it'll be what this game SHOULD have been.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2014, 12:16:42 PM »
+1
Wouldn't that just be a thing.

Lords of Shadow 1, terrific game but horrible DLC

Lords of Shadow 2, disappointing game but great DLC!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:25:06 PM by Viskod »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »
+1
Still not expecting anything special, just the chance to play as Alucard without the Alvarez baggage holding down the game.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2014, 12:30:31 PM »
+2
Still not expecting anything special, just the chance to play as Alucard without the Alvarez baggage holding down the game.

See, for me, that is the formula to an amazing game

anything