Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots  (Read 87723 times)

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE WITH MINOR SPOILERS:

ATTENTION ALL, DO NOT PAY FOR THIS DLC; IT IS COMPLETE TRASH! IF YOU MUST SEE IT, YOU TUBE IT OR TORRENT IT! BUT DO NOT GIVE KONAMI YOUR MONEY!

This DLC is a joke; it is barely an hour and a half to two hours long, and involves using a character that was downgraded to the point where he feels stiff and absolutely clunky compared to Dracula. Remember all these neat acrobatic attacks he used while possessed by Satan, or even when posing as the lieutenant? Yup, they are all NOWHERE to be found. His special attacks all feel next to useless, and his subweapons are glitchy and gimmicky. The bat one didn't want to "catch" on to the points even when aimed directly at them at times, and the wolf actually glitched so bad at one point that I wasted 40 minutes running in circles in the 1st castle area trying to figure out how to get back over the bridge and to the teleporter, BEFORE realizing it was due to a glitch and had to suicide. Don't even get me started on secrets; there is one in the forbidden wing where you have to look ALL THE WAY straight up the roof and stare to see the bat point. Even with a dodo, I spent 30 minutes running in circles looking for it, due to the arrows pointing to the wrong damn spot! The time sub is just stupid: why the heck would Alucard have the power to turn back time? SMH.

The story is utter trash: Marie pops in to the present out of nowhere and cries over the castle hiding daddy's power. A cheap and lazy gimmick so that Konami didn't have to make all new areas and use new ideas in Alucard's game. They could have easily shown us what happened with him after MOF up until when he put dracula to sleep, and even after up until the modern day. But nope, they use 2 areas that look like they were intended to be in the original game for Dracula instead, and don't even have any new enemies (NO, that spear wielding skeleton does NOT count; talk about downgrading an enemy. Same for the void sword jailer boss). Heck even the concept art shows dracula using the time ability, they didn't even bother to hide it. SMH

There is a new boss: the lieutenant; and he's a damn joke to beat even on the hardest setting. The most difficult part is figuring out what to do for his final attack. Due to the camera, AGAIN! NOTHING IS REVEALED ABOUT HIM! The ending is also utter trash; tells us NOTHING!

I paid for LOS..... once on the PS3, and again on PC, and I was VERY satisfied with my purchase. But I'm glad I didn't pay for LOS2 or it's DLC; and after reading the reviews, you can bet when MOF comes out on PC, I won't pay for it either! Konami doesn't deserve my money for this dribble.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:34:30 PM by the_truth »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »
+1
Whoops, already bought it and enjoyed it.

Damn, I should have waited and listed to the_truth

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »
+1
So took the initiative and decided to look up translations for Dracula's mad wall scribbles in the Forbidden Wing

(click to show/hide)
I loved looking these sections while playing through Forbidden Wing. It really made it feel as though Gabriel had really lost his mind. Anyway, since I need to brush up on my Latin anyway, I thought I might as well try and make a few adjustments to those translations.
(click to show/hide)

I couldn't discern what the image said either, but bonus points for the Golden Paladin's prayer (what the subtitles could catch anyway):

(click to show/hide)

I had to rearrange a few phrases to make better sense, but that's what it should roughly sound like. If anyone can find the script for the prayer lines glossed over by the sub-titles, it might clarify the missing pieces that I couldn't decipher. The Latin was pretty good from what I could tell, and the only qualm I have about it would be that they pronounce Latin "v's" straight up as opposed to "w's" which they should sound like.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
Welp, I'll be getting it next week, til then I'll be avoiding this thread

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
There's also some blood writings scribbled on the floor right after Alucard leaves the Navigator for the Forbidden Wing. I can't remember the Latin phrase, but the translation goes something like "May the brotherhood of light always be damned."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »
+1
^that phrase is fraternitas lucis semper damnetur

how would every1 feel about a future cv game where the voice actors actually speak latin/hungarian throughout, with english subtitles?

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2014, 02:55:38 PM »
+1
Whoops, already bought it and enjoyed it.

Damn, I should have waited and listed to the_truth

Yup, then you would have saved $8 and still gotten to try it. Glad you enjoyed it, but you must be more easily entertained than me. Which is fine, different tastes.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2014, 03:09:43 PM »
Some people around here don't understand the concept of forums and opinions being hateful/negative. You must love or ignore and don't post. Even if you paid for it all the same, in the name of mantaining Castlevania alive (and too bad, because it sold like shit anyway =/).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »
I loved looking these sections while playing through Forbidden Wing. It really made it feel as though Gabriel had really lost his mind. Anyway, since I need to brush up on my Latin anyway, I thought I might as well try and make a few adjustments to those translations.
(click to show/hide)

I couldn't discern what the image said either, but bonus points for the Golden Paladin's prayer (what the subtitles could catch anyway):

(click to show/hide)

I had to rearrange a few phrases to make better sense, but that's what it should roughly sound like. If anyone can find the script for the prayer lines glossed over by the sub-titles, it might clarify the missing pieces that I couldn't decipher. The Latin was pretty good from what I could tell, and the only qualm I have about it would be that they pronounce Latin "v's" straight up as opposed to "w's" which they should sound like.

scio te adhuc
I know there are more of you.

I disagree with this one. I mean, who would he be referring to?

Considering the rest of the text that came after, it makes more sense to be something along the lines of my previous translation, of "I know you still are"

it's a  whole thing dedicated to Zobek.

One of these days I'm gonna look up the Brotherhood Cleric spells and shit, see what those mean.  Those guys are nifty to fight.

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE WITH MINOR SPOILERS:

ATTENTION ALL, DO NOT PAY FOR THIS DLC; IT IS COMPLETE TRASH! IF YOU MUST SEE IT, YOU TUBE IT OR TORRENT IT! BUT DO NOT GIVE KONAMI YOUR MONEY!

This DLC is a joke; it is barely an hour and a half to two hours long, and involves using a character that was downgraded to the point where he feels stiff and absolutely clunky compared to Dracula. Remember all these neat acrobatic attacks he used while possessed by Satan, or even when posing as the lieutenant? Yup, they are all NOWHERE to be found. His special attacks all feel next to useless, and his subweapons are glitchy and gimmicky. The bat one didn't want to "catch" on to the points even when aimed directly at them at times, and the wolf actually glitched so bad at one point that I wasted 40 minutes running in circles in the 1st castle area trying to figure out how to get back over the bridge and to the teleporter, BEFORE realizing it was due to a glitch and had to suicide. Don't even get me started on secrets; there is one in the forbidden wing where you have to look ALL THE WAY straight up the roof and stare to see the bat point. Even with a dodo, I spent 30 minutes running in circles looking for it, due to the arrows pointing to the wrong damn spot! The time sub is just stupid: why the heck would Alucard have the power to turn back time? SMH.

The story is utter trash: Marie pops in to the present out of nowhere and cries over the castle hiding daddy's power. A cheap and lazy gimmick so that Konami didn't have to make all new areas and use new ideas in Alucard's game. They could have easily shown us what happened with him after MOF up until when he put dracula to sleep, and even after up until the modern day. But nope, they use 2 areas that look like they were intended to be in the original game for Dracula instead, and don't even have any new enemies (NO, that spear wielding skeleton does NOT count; talk about downgrading an enemy. Same for the void sword jailer boss). Heck even the concept art shows dracula using the time ability, they didn't even bother to hide it. SMH

There is a new boss: the lieutenant; and he's a damn joke to beat even on the hardest setting. The most difficult part is figuring out what to do for his final attack. Due to the camera, AGAIN! NOTHING IS REVEALED ABOUT HIM! The ending is also utter trash; tells us NOTHING!

I paid for LOS..... once on the PS3, and again on PC, and I was VERY satisfied with my purchase. But I'm glad I didn't pay for LOS2 or it's DLC; and after reading the reviews, you can bet when MOF comes out on PC, I won't pay for it either! Konami doesn't deserve my money for this dribble.

I thought it was better than the main game by leaps and bounds. FAR better. Despite Ignis and Glaceas being nothing more than Light/Dark magic in function AND form.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:19:48 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
+2
I'm a little offended by that long ass post. It feels like an internet AD popup.

Sorry, DLC bought, enjoyed, replayed it for PLEASURE. 8/10 would buy again.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »
scio te adhuc
I know there are more of you.

I disagree with this one. I mean, who would he be referring to?

Considering the rest of the text that came after, it makes more sense to be something along the lines of my previous translation, of "I know you still are"

it's a  whole thing dedicated to Zobek.

One of these days I'm gonna look up the Brotherhood Cleric spells and shit, see what those mean.  Those guys are nifty to fight.

I double-checked, and you're right. The arrangement of the sentence is what threw me off, along with the word "adhuc." I don't know where I got "more" from when you were right in referring to it as "still." Usually, verbs are the last thing to come in a Latin sentence structure so that it's usually subject/adjective/adverb --> verb. Literally translated, it would be "I know you still." I didn't add the "are" because there is no presence of the verb sum, esse, fui which means "to be" anywhere in the sentence. It can certainly be added for clarification though if that helps.

As for the Brotherhood Cleric spells, I was gonna try my hand at it, but apparently someone in the Castlevania wiki already did: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_Cleric

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »
Yknow, there's one thing that bugs the FUCK outta me. I expected Dracula's tomb to actually, be, yknow, under the cathedral. Instead it's actually high above it, only a little bit aways from the giant stained glass window.

Dracula's tomb is literally right next to the throne room, high above the ground.

I can't see how noone would have found him and known he wasn't dead. ESPECIALLY the church.

then again, I suppose it's just pure fucking chance. Who knows when that was built. obviously long ago since Dracula's throne room is still there at all. Nowadays that shit would have been torn down to make something new.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »
alucard too

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
So did anyone else find the

(click to show/hide)

anything