Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow plotholes (may contain spoilers)  (Read 21718 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Lords of Shadow plotholes (may contain spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »
+2
Man, now I want to see what's in there. It would be interesting to see what this Dracula has been through after Mirror of Fate.

It would just probably say
Dear Diary,
I HATE MY LIFE!

Or something along that line. He might expound a bit and put on some angsty reactions.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2014, 10:52:45 PM »
It would just probably say
Dear Diary,
I HATE MY LIFE!

Or something along that line. He might expound a bit and put on some angsty reactions.
I think he wrote that on the walls of the Forbidden Wing with his blood.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »
I think he wrote that on the walls of the Forbidden Wing with his blood.
The walls of the forbidden wing were more about revenge and "GABRIEL BELMONT IS DEAD" kind of stuff.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »
+1
it would have been phat if the toy maker's role was larger to the plot. like, having inventing a specific device to seal stan away for good, explaining why Dracula had to reawaken him (other than retrieving a shard of the mirror). instead we get wasted potential with the acolytes. by the way where is the lost soul

1 of the acolytes couldve even had the last name "cronqvist," wouldve been a cool ironic twist

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
it would have been phat if the toy maker's role was larger to the plot. like, having inventing a specific device to seal stan away for good, explaining why Dracula had to reawaken him (other than retrieving a shard of the mirror). instead we get wasted potential with the acolytes. by the way where is the lost soul

1 of the acolytes couldve even had the last name "cronqvist," wouldve been a cool ironic twist

Especially considering that he was given a mysterious appearance in Mirror of Fate, we all thought that he would play a bigger role in the game. It has crossed my mind a few times of the Toy Maker having some "ultimate weapon" to seal Satan away. Maybe he actually is Gandolfi, and he somehow rebuilt the Vampire Killer but it was stolen by Zobek. Perhaps he creates a teleporter that allows Dracula entry into Castle Pandemonium (fanfic here) where Dracula, Alucard, and Victor face off against Lucifer.

Lost Soul is the mirror. Since it seems the mirror is sentient and all knowing (and not the greatest plot device) perhaps it does not need to take the form of the Lost Soul anymore, at least that's what I think.

Shoulda just gone with what e105beta suggested. Make Lost Soul the "Angel of Fate" and replace "fate" with God's plan. Makes more sense lore-wise and suits the atmosphere better.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 08:35:37 PM »
+2
Perhaps he creates a teleporter that allows Dracula entry into Castle Pandemonium (fanfic here) where Dracula, Alucard, and Victor face off against Lucifer.
Really, the whole Castle Pandemonium thing was a lost opportunity. Given the fact this is Castlevania, having the final stretch of the LoS series's climax be in an actual CASTLE, let alone a "Demon Castle" of Lucifer(maybe a mocking manifestation Dracula's own castle, as created by Lucifer) would've been great.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »
+1
Really, the whole Castle Pandemonium thing was a lost opportunity. Given the fact this is Castlevania, having the final stretch of the LoS series's climax be in an actual CASTLE, let alone a "Demon Castle" of Lucifer(maybe a mocking manifestation Dracula's own castle, as created by Lucifer) would've been great.

Satan is obviously scared of Dracula. Wouldn't it funny if him having his own castle was him trying to "compensate for something," trying to display power and strength over Dracul when in reality he is still scared shitless of him? (Satan trying to show he has grandes cajones)

And think of the architecture or the inhabitants. We could have gone through Satan's top generals in the castle. Imagine fighting Satan in the end while being watched and surveyed by ALL of the demons cast out of heaven. They're probably scared of Dracula too.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 08:58:06 AM »
That's one thing that never made sense to me. Why is Satan afraid of Dracula? He was so arrogant in LoS1. Being defeated doesn't make you afraid of the person who defeated you unless they completely owned your ass (was not the case in LoS1). Angry and vengeful I could see, but not afraid. Zobek I could see being afraid, but not Satan.
Behold my power and tremble

anything