Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow plotholes (may contain spoilers)  (Read 21933 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Lords of Shadow plotholes (may contain spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »
Well, not to be an asshole, but Nails used to Crucify Martyrs =/= Jesus. I dunno why the misconception of Jesus being the only one crucified even exists.

Also, If the Holy Order's weapons don't work on Drac, how could Simon and Alucard defeat Dracula?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »
+1

Also, If the Holy Order's weapons don't work on Drac, how could Simon and Alucard defeat Dracula?
Simple. It's in their blood. Even before becoming a vampire, Gabriel was able to take down the Lords of Shadow. Something no one else could do. Not to mention that he, a mere mortal, defeated Satan. It would seem that he and his bloodline were chosen by God (or whoever).

It is not the weapons they wield. It is the Belmont bloodline that accomplishes these great (good or evil) things.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »
gotta love them Cronqvist Warlord Chromosones

biggest plothole of all:

"BREAK THE CURSE OF IMMORTALITY"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
Well, not to be an asshole, but Nails used to Crucify Martyrs =/= Jesus. I dunno why the misconception of Jesus being the only one crucified even exists.

I think it's the fact of them specifically being the ones used to crucify Jesus.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »
I suppose it would be somewhat pedantic of me to mention that by definition none of the questions in this thread are plot holes since plot holes are contradictions in the plot not unanswered questions.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:23 AM »
The Devil's Mask is not a plothole. Cox said in twitter that a Necromancer uses an object to place his soul to return. Yes, like Voldemort does. The Devil's Mask was Zobek's "horocrux". That's how he came back. It can be especulated that he's not dead by LoS2 ending as he could have another "horocrux" (The Vampire Killer?)

Also the VK is the holiest of holiest weapoins as it's composed of all of Gandolfi's own creations, the other combat crosses are not Gandolfi's.

Because they can't. Remember, Dracula is not immortal in the sense that nothing could kill him, but in the sense that he will ALWAYS come back, unless the Vk is used.

Alucard probably regained his memory with time, his initial confusion was product of his awakening. He remembered Simon not long after. His memories are intact.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:49:10 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »
+1
I always thought that those rooms where you upgrade the Combat Cross is no longer functional once it was used for just one time only, that's how rare or special Gabriel's Combat Cross/Vampire Killer above the other Combat Cross.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 12:01:46 AM »
The Devil's Mask is not a plothole. Cox said in twitter that a Necromancer uses an object to place his soul to return. Yes, like Voldemort does. The Devil's Mask was Zobek's "horocrux". That's how he came back. It can be especulated that he's not dead by LoS2 ending as he could have another "horocrux" (The Vampire Killer?)

In D&D Liches of exceptional power (called Demi-liches for whatever reason) have an artifact where they keep their soul due to the continued degridation of their original bodies over time called a phylactery which is probably where J.K. Rolling got the idea for the horocrux. So the use of something similar in LoS isn't a stretch.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 01:49:21 AM »
gotta love them Cronqvist Warlord Chromosones

biggest plothole of all:

"BREAK THE CURSE OF IMMORTALITY"

The supposed 'reasoning' for this that I imagine that was come up with is that by the end, as Gabriel and Alucard have found that they now have something to live for - family - their immortality is no longer a curse to them, a bind that they previously both wanted out of.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:32:56 AM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 03:12:33 AM »
  The suppose 'reasoning' for this that I imagine that was come up with is that by the end, as Gabriel and Alucard have found that they now have something to live for - family - their immortality is no longer a curse to them, a bind that they previously both wanted out of.
be nice if the game mentioned that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 03:31:10 AM »
+1
be nice if the game mentioned that.

"But we don't want to spoon-feed everything!".  Well, there's leaving bits implied, and leaving too much unexplained.

I think that a major problem with LoS2 is that that the plot to filler ratio is too low, with the plot divided up into clear-cut, very compartmentalized sections that are left alone once their ten minutes of screen time are finished.  These bits of plot, which aren't insignificant, are rushed through, but then there's hours of trudging through filler to get to the next bit in some cases, especially with teh retrieve the antidote part of the game.  This in turn left for a lot of things which were lef unexplained, to the game's detriment.  Had there been big chunks of plenty of plot more frequently in the game, the hours of explorin would have been a lot more balanced.  Missed opportunity.  It's a shame, relaly, ad has been said before on here, one of the biggest disappoitnments was the potential that this game had had to be amazing, but fell at the last hurdle in places.  LoS2 should have had a much bigger plot than 1, but it felt smaller in places.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:40:18 AM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 08:07:53 AM »
The biggest one of all, after spending hundreds of years yearning to die, why all of the sudden is Gabula is just "Cool" with being immortal at the end?
This was a man whom everything was taken away from him and he has become a monster, yet he is god's chosen.

I think LoS2 severely lacked the needed anger at god that Dracula should have had.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »
The biggest one of all, after spending hundreds of years yearning to die, why all of the sudden is Gabula is just "Cool" with being immortal at the end?
This was a man whom everything was taken away from him and he has become a monster, yet he is god's chosen.

I think LoS2 severely lacked the needed anger at god that Dracula should have had.
I know what you mean. I guess you could say that Gabula underwent some sort of redemption and came out at piece with himself. No longer letting fate/destiny dictate his path. Plus, now he has an eternity to spend with his son. Keep in mind, that I think that it was a sh!tty end and that Gabula should have just died at the end.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »

Speaking of which, where was God in the 2nd game? Why did they leave him out and replace him with "fate?" Was it too un-mainstream to have God be a directing force in a game like the first one? Having the whole "fate" spiel was so cliche and boring.  :-\
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
"Remember, after all this is over, choose your family".

Everything comes full circle

anything