Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My SOTN Maps  (Read 4839 times)

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
My SOTN Maps
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
+1
Hey all!
I'm very pleased to see this forum is (somewhat) active. 
For those who don't know me, I come from the Metroid Database, the "sister site" to the CV Dungeon.
Anyway, in the past couple of weeks I purchased a PSP for the first time.  Along with that, DXC.  I've really enjoyed playing SOTN on a portable these last couple weeks and I was inspired to create a map of the castles.  I created them with the idea in mind that someone would use it to actually get through the game, instead of trying to find where every single item was, so I've left out a lot of things.  I feel like knowing where "everything" is in the game takes away from its great sense of discovery.

Anyway, thanks for your time, I hope you like them!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:48:26 PM »
Welcome! Nice maps too. They remind me of the ones done for the MDB website. I'll assume some of the maps on our sister site are done by you as well. A long time ago I donated some art pieces to the MDB. Not sure if you know of them.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
Re: My SOTN Maps
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:22 AM »
A long time ago I donated some art pieces to the MDB. Not sure if you know of them.

OHHHH RRREEAAAALLLYYYYYY?? ;)
And no, actually I haven't made a single map for the MDb.  We have this other guy who does them on his own and we just host them through our site.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:10:42 AM by infinitysend »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »
missing twilight cape after the spike breaker section in the inverted castle, anyways i like these kind of maps, the pictures makes things less confusing from having 50 items on the legend

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »
Agreed. At least in this format, maps can show you where everything is located without white or black lines criss-crossing the map itself, thus leading to a possible visual overload  :P
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline infinitysend

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
missing twilight cape after the spike breaker section in the inverted castle, anyways i like these kind of maps, the pictures makes things less confusing from having 50 items on the legend

Hey dude, thanks for pointing that out!  I will update it accordingly.  I was thinking of putting the Walk Armor in there too since that's technically the best armor in the game.  Is there anything else you guys think I should add?  Please let me know!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
You mean to tell us you don't have every findable item from the game on the map??! Sacrilege!!

LOL! I'm just kidding  ;D  All in all you should have all the items that you pick up shown on the maps. That way anyone who's new to SotN won't forget anything.

Did you say the Walk armor is the best in the game? I thought it was the God's Garb. God's Garb can be collected from the golden sword guardians whom stalk the corridors, adjacent to the clock room in the inverted castle.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 10:20:47 AM »
Walk Armor becomes stronger as you clear more of the map, eventually becoming the strongest with regards to highest defence.  Heck, even when you get the Walk Armor, depending on how much map you have cleared, there's a good chance that it will already be the strongest you have.  I usually just slap it on once I get it and leave it on for the remainder of the game.

Tags: symphony the night map