Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Assassin's Creed Rogue  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: August 06, 2014, 03:55:00 AM »
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-rogue-announced/

Another AssCreed game for last gen consoles (ps3 and xbox 360). Sadly, the Wii-U is neglected once more.
Ubi still loves their ships, eh?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:59:55 AM »
The big part that bugs me is that they're still not moving into a new time period. Seriously. I'm done with ships and stuff. God, I hated naval combat. It was the worst part of III (which as a whole was pretty bad), and at least they improved it a little in IV.

I'd like to see an AssCreed game set in Three Kingdoms China, Feudal Japan or World War II, but these time periods were too "boring" according to Ubisoft. How in God's name is the time period they're STILL doing more interesting? T_T

That being said, though, the plot this time around sounds more interesting than the previous two games.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »
They said those time periods were boring? Did they even do their history homework? There was nothing boring about the second world war, in fact it was quite the opposite. Nobody had time to be bored or they were dead. An AssCreed game that would pit you up against Nazis on a covert mission to assassinate either Hitler or his inner circle would be an interesting entry in the series. Feudal Japan or Three Kingdoms China would also bring about a breath of fresh air to the series as well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
While I LOOOOOVE the Naval Combat, unlike Claimh Solais, I feel that it makes the games seem far less AssCreedy.
In III, it was probably the best part about the games ('cuz the other parts were so-so at best, especially that awful final mission).
In IV, they were so awesome, especially the four Legendary Ship Battles.  I wish I could replay those over and over...

So yeah, love the Naval Combat, but that should be its own offshoot of games, and return the AssCreed games back to hooded stealth and blending (neither of which have been all that good these days, though again, IV did a pretty good jorb with those aspects).

All of this is meaningless without a Wii-U version.
Guess I'm gonna have to get the PC versions of these (yeah, I could get it for PS3 but... why).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »
They said those time periods were boring? Did they even do their history homework? There was nothing boring about the second world war, in fact it was quite the opposite. Nobody had time to be bored or they were dead. An AssCreed game that would pit you up against Nazis on a covert mission to assassinate either Hitler or his inner circle would be an interesting entry in the series. Feudal Japan or Three Kingdoms China would also bring about a breath of fresh air to the series as well.

I think, what they meant by that, was that other franchises constantly visit these time periods. Koei in particular visits Japan and China quite often (Samurai Warriors and Nobunaga's Ambition for the former, Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms for the latter, Kessen for both). And then several shooters and other strategy games visit World War II.

Before the North America games, most games pretty much stuck to "not-very-known-about" eras. The reason the American Revolution bugs me is cuz... well, a lot of people know about it, and pretty much everyone in America is taught the whole thing in middle school and early high school.

While I LOOOOOVE the Naval Combat, unlike Claimh Solais, I feel that it makes the games seem far less AssCreedy.
In III, it was probably the best part about the games ('cuz the other parts were so-so at best, especially that awful final mission).
In IV, they were so awesome, especially the four Legendary Ship Battles.  I wish I could replay those over and over...

So yeah, love the Naval Combat, but that should be its own offshoot of games, and return the AssCreed games back to hooded stealth and blending (neither of which have been all that good these days, though again, IV did a pretty good jorb with those aspects).

All of this is meaningless without a Wii-U version.
Guess I'm gonna have to get the PC versions of these (yeah, I could get it for PS3 but... why).

Naval combat I found was pretty bad in III, but it was good in IV. Like you, I feel it didn't fit in with the franchise. AssCreed was always about you fighting subtly. It's the same with naval combat, if you spell "subtly" like this. (JonTron joke, yaaay!)

Also, I love the idea of the map being on the second screen in AC3 for Wii-U.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »
I think, what they meant by that, was that other franchises constantly visit these time periods.

I can understand that. However there has yet to be a tale told in AssCreed about these eras which will make the telling these eras unique in its own way.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »
I'd like to see an AssCreed game set in Three Kingdoms China, Feudal Japan or World War II, but these time periods were too "boring" according to Ubisoft. How in God's name is the time period they're STILL doing more interesting? T_T

I think they still either lack the deeper research necessary to make the games in those time periods (China and Japan) since they are not a Japanese company (like Koei) or they are just lazy and prefer to focus on the well known western world history, which is a shame really since I love Asian history...
WW2, on the other hand, can be a difficult period to focus on because it is quite recent and they might offend people.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »
That, and it might end up being pretty cliche too, seeing as the villains will have to be some kind of a large, organized group.
"Like the Nazis."
"No, that would be retarded."
*fast forward*
"*sigh* It's the fucking-"
"NAZIS!"
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 05:54:05 AM »
Who wouldn't want to rooftop kill some Nazis? I say bring it on.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 07:06:12 AM »
It's not that I'm not into Nazi slaughter (everyone's into Nazi slaughter, except for Neo-Nazis), it's just that that kind of setting doesn't really leave much room for twists and surprises.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 02:13:26 AM »
Or maybe.... they will use that era for the movie?
Fassbender is half German so he can fit in nicely.

Tags: