Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Q&A  (Read 26184 times)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2014, 09:40:38 PM »
+1
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2014, 07:33:03 AM »
Ah yes, but I meant on the sense Jorge meant. It shows up on a character bio, but there's only two "bio systems" on X360, one in HoD (where no mention to Trevor is made) and one in SotN, where it's about Fake Trevor. I wanna know from just where came this "Cornelius".

I was talking about the character bio for Kokoro Belmont in Otomedius Excellent, you guys misunderstood what I said.

Also, I was unaware that Cornelius was fanon.  My mistake.  Will retract my message to say "Christopher" as per the Iga discussion.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »
Is this Kokoro's character bio?
 孤高のバンパイアハンター
 ふらりと旅に出てしまった『エモン・5』の補充要員として、秘密組織「G」が急遽招いた対魔専用戦士。
 今回の地球防衛作戦の為、聖グラディウス学園付属中学校に編入された中学一年生。

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »
I don't think that bio mentions Julius. Maybe it's a different one?

Supposedly, the Japanese version says she is either Julius's sister or daughter, it doesn't say exactly. It's possible the English version changed this to just sister. While this is a different series from Castlevania and whatnot, the latter would make more sense to me. The again, shouldn't Julius have amnesia in 2011? It's a bit weird.         

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »

-Simon is Soleiyu's Son (dates match up)

I would say it's more likely Simon's Soleiyu's grandson. If Soleiyu was around 15 in 1591, and Simon was in his 20s 100 years later, that would mean Simon would've had to been born around 1671. That would also mean that Soleiyu would be in his 90s when Simon was conceived. At the most, he's his grandfather(if you space generations apart). If we were trying to compare it to modern times, he'd probably be Simon's great-grandfather(those who live up to that age, nowadays, are in the "great grand" title realm).

If we look at the distance between Simon(in his late 20s in 1698) and Juste(Wiki says he's 18, so around there in 1748), It's a 50 year period where Simon would be in his 70s when Juste is a teenager(which is a believable generational gap between a grandchild and grandparent). 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:42:37 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:04 AM »
Good call; will edit my post. My dates were not proper.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Qwertyvania

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2014, 02:59:14 PM »
Why can Simon get killed by Dracula if he has already killed Death itself?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »
Why can Simon get killed by Dracula if he has already killed Death itself?

Death in Castlevania, I believe, is kinda like a shinigami and not "death" itself.
This is what I got from the Ricordanza (Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku) novel.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2014, 08:12:02 AM »
Alternatively you could explain it as, Death as you see him as a boss is using the extra power he has to manifest in the world like that. Once he is defeated he goes back to being just 'death' as a concept, unable to muster the energy to materialize. Just needs a little time to recharge I guess.

All conjecture, no known proof of any of that as I'm aware.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2014, 10:19:43 AM »
Death in Castlevania, I believe, is kinda like a shinigami and not "death" itself.
This is what I got from the Ricordanza (Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku) novel.

As far as I know of Death is not a Shinigami. Those are the death gods of Japan while Castlevania had no such being in the original game. Death from CV was taken from European Christian mythology. The classic look is there; Cloak, Sythe, skeletal body. A Shimigami doesn't sport this look nor does it traditionally carry a Sythe (I did a little net-sleuthing before writing this). For me personally Death in CV is the European horseman; The Grim Reaper; Harvester of souls. He cannot die because he is the very personification of Death itself. He can be defeated but that is all that can be done to him.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »
This is from the manual from Legends, which I thought was interesting:

"This apparition received the great power of magic from in return for being bound to Count Dracula in an eternal master-servant blood contract. The Grim Reaper also brandishes a very sharp sickle.

This description doesn't really describe Death as "Death itself", more like an individual being. So the Legends team appears to have viewed Death as a "Shinigami" despise him having the traditional Grim Reaper look.       

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
Komachi Onozuka from Touhou Project is also a shinigami, carries a scythe and also carries the souls to be judged by a yama so it is safe to say that shinigami can still be a japanese equivalent of death.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
Shinigami when literally translated becomes "death gods". From what I understand from Japanese mythology, they serve as the ferry-man kinda like Charon. Death the concept is very much different from the shinigami.