Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia (Fan Project - New Demo Available)  (Read 82722 times)

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia (Fan Project - New Demo Available)
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »
In Original OoE if press backdash + crouch button at the same time during attack motion, the attack motion will be canceled and character will backdash for a minimum length which is the shortest backdash length the system is allowed to do. But here it's not applied.
You're probably the only person I've seen who acknowledges this was a thing in the original game. I hesitate to call it a feature because I legitimately thought it was a bug when I was first
encountered it! I didn't include this as it's one of those things I didn't think provided any value, but it is quite funny having Shanoa crouch-glide across the floor in the original game.

I thought the map checking could be mapped to one button during action (things like the standalone map button in GBA Castlevanias) to check map for current dungeon while pause menu can check overall world map.
This is a really good idea, I'll replay the GBA games and see if this isn't something I can replicate.

Also I encountered serious frame rate drops during action
Yes, it has small frame drops when many enemies are on screen, but nothing game breaking.
I've made some major optimization changes to the engine singe this demo was released. Since then I've more then quadrupled the map size and number of interactable objects present. Hoping that with the optimization changes this shouldn't have a noticeable effect performance or gameplay, but this is difficult to test because I haven't personally ran into framerate issues on my setup. Do you mind posting your system specs?

Thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:06:00 AM by ProjectDread »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia (Fan Project - New Demo Available)
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2019, 01:20:47 AM »
Quote from: ProjectDread
I've made some major optimization changes to the engine singe this demo was released. Since then I've more then quadrupled the map size and number of interactable objects present. Hoping that with the optimization changes this shouldn't have a noticeable effect performance or gameplay, but this is difficult to test because I haven't personally ran into framerate issues on my setup. Do you mind posting your system specs?

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm at a 2012 laptop with Windows 7 64 bit OS, Intel Core(TM) i5 2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz and just upgraded RAM to 12GB in earlier this year, individual graphic card broken down long ago and only the internal Intel HD3000 Graphic intact.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:23:27 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

anything