Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Portrait of Ruin and Nazis  (Read 25977 times)

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
  • Bloodstained : Delay of the Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2017, 06:21:07 PM »
lol you are so spineless and self-righteous in your opinions and obvious problems with women you could be the next U.S. President.

I need manners...best comeback from someone who can't handle criticism I've ever heard. I'm screencapping and framing that. Pics to follow.

Well, I can handle criticism. There is a way that you can be nice and criticize. You don't have to be rude to criticize. You might think I'm self righteous, but I don't always have to listen to other peoples if I don't think that argument works with me. I have my opinion, and when I think other people's opinion doesn't work with me, I instead argue back with rebuttals. That's debating. You think this as a lecture and other people has to 100% listen to your argument?

Also, this sidetracked to much. Let's just go back to PoR and Nazis. You're right @zangetsu468.

I can say the same word that you said to me, but I don't want to. Also, think about yourself. Did you listen to my argument as much as me listening to your argument? Probably not. Also, I supported Clinton. Just letting you know.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »

Sorry, folks. It's meme time.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

definitely. Please have at you.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »
lol nah fam

"meme time" referred to fallacy ref, not an ongoing memewar

you're not ready for that

or worth the effort, now that i think of it

besides, i said everything i wanted to last page, so even with my unbeatable folder of woodies in my army there's no context left for me to explain through memes

but i am a benevolent lord, so i shall bequeath a singular woody upon thee so that thou canst bask within his glory and radiance

repent thy sins unto your woodlord and be cleansed, child

if thou wishest not to repent, then mine presence shall be forfeit unto thee, and thou canst replenish thy health at this church no longer, thus transform'g thy quest to laruba mansion into one of increased difficulty

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 07:10:10 PM »
+1
That Glyph at the back is quite unnecessary, as she can replace back Glyph with some kind of shoulder Glyph. Also, I think the fact that "Glyph requires tattoo" thing is quite unnecessary setting. Also the clothing doesn't fit with Shanoa's characteristics.

Thank god it wasn't superc4 the one to handle Castlevania, or it'd be called "burkhavania" or something, holy shit.

But I think Succubus did ruin the series.

Like, I know it's your opinion and all. But goddamn that ONE enemy with ONE cutscene on that ONE game that gets nowhere the focus the other parts of the game(s) have ruined the SERIES for you?

Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:19:18 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
Thank god it wasn't superc4 the one to handle Castlevania, or it'd be called "burkhavania" or something, holy shit.

Like, I know it's your opinion and all. But goddamn that ONE enemy with ONE cutscene on that ONE game that gets nowhere the focus the other parts of the game(s) have ruined the SERIES for you?

Jesus Christ.

Well, Burkhavania would be even worse then Succuvania or something. I said standard of SotN Maria, CV3 Sypha or AoS (Not DoS, to be accurate) characters, not making it islamic and stuff.

Also, I said that Succubus ruined it because since the debut, the wave of sexualization rose and rose until Pachinkovania which ruined it. Symphony is a great game. That one shitty cutscene wasn't enough to ruin that game (that cutscene was supposed to be a sad one, until that succubus popped out and ruined the mood)

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »

No.  There aren't new arguments.  There's you, who's entire arguement boils down to "I don't like it so it shouldn't be there," vs absoultley everybody else, who actually are using things called "facts" to support their arguments. 

But anyway... Nazis. 

We need a Nazi succubus. 

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »
No.  There aren't new arguments.  There's you, who's entire arguement boils down to "I don't like it so it shouldn't be there," vs absoultley everybody else, who actually are using things called "facts" to support their arguments. 

But anyway... Nazis. 

We need a Nazi succubus.

Yeah. Let's stop dogfighting and return to the Nazi topic.

Also about Nazis

Rather have Eva Braun Ghost and Hitler Vampire with Human Himmler.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:28 AM »
+1

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 03:19:28 AM »
It would've been a nice touch if they didn't so much focus on the Nazi regime, but instead gave some in game reasoning for the relevance of WWII. i.e. the effects of "Chaos" spreading throughout Europe, beyond Wallachia, even worldwide. With Chaos rising, the hearts of x% humanity become tainted causing people to become paranoid, desire war and destruction, and realise the coming of their Dark Lord.

The Portraits then act as Wormholes which spread demons from the underworld all over the globe.

Resume og story of Jonathan and Charlotte arriving, Brauner severing the link to the throne room while claiming the Castle's throne in his own "temporal space" accessible by his blood art technique. (which is a better reason for Death not being able to find him, rather than just entering his portrait anyway, which he potentially could have done from the getgo). Jonathan and Charlotte are only able to access Brauner's temporal space when the power binding the seal (from the other portraits; spaces in all corners of the world) have been severed.. However, they also require the assistance of Stella and Loretta to "open the void"... etc

The Nation of fools could have been the Holocaust occurring, the walls peppered with blood, graffiti and Nazi Swastikas .
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 03:31:56 AM »
+1
The Nation of fools could have been the Holocaust occurring, the walls peppered with blood, graffiti and Nazi Swastikas .
Now that idea I like.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2017, 03:36:59 AM »
Now that idea I like.

Thank you sir :)
In this case, the Legion speaks for itself.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 04:49:19 AM »

But anyway... Nazis. 

We need a Nazi succubus.

Nazi Carmilla
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:51:29 AM by SecretWeapon »

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 05:19:14 AM »
What about...

Brauner is Castlevania's Hitler. He made a deal with Dracula to gain supernatural powers. The bosses of the portrait dungeons are real Nazi party executives/generals (Goering, Goebbels, Himmler ext.) controlling supernatural beings. The Lecarde family, later moved to France, is a Resistance members who sneaked into Hitler's Castle to exterminate Hitler and destroy the castle, which fails. Jonathan and Charlotte is requested by the Allies and Vatican City to destroy Castlevania, which they believe that the power of the Dracula's Castle and Hitler(Brauner)'s powers made Nazi army strong.

That's what I think. Also, let's not start any more dogfight.

Sounds crazy, but I would also like guns as Jonathan's sub-weapon, fighting Nazi Soldiers and monsters.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:25:03 AM by superc4 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »
I think it was actually a good decision not to include or reference Nazis in the game. I'm guessing this was done in order to upset or offended anybody which I think is important to keep in mind. Secondly, although I don't condone anything the  Nazis have done, I'm personally not a fan of the idea of putting them on the same level as demons and other monsters who you can kill in a video game without feeling bad about it. The reason for that is because it's a form of dehumanization which I'm opposed against in all circumstances. Of course, I'm not calling anybody out on liking stories that involve Nazi occultism (it's actually very interesting) but I think it's also important to be aware that the subtext is  problematic. On the other hand, I do think they missed an opportunity by not having really doing anything with the World War II setting. This is just a minor example, but something really neat they could have done is having Gremlins as enemies in the game. Gremlins actually originated in World War II stories in which they are blamed for sabotaging aircraft. That enemy would have been a perfect fit.

Tags: