Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What kind of isekai hero(ine) are you?  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« on: July 04, 2020, 01:43:24 AM »
Are you from a 90s isekai where you're taken from your own world and temporarily sent to an alternate fantasy universe to go on an adventure, or are you from a 2000s isekai where you died in your home world because you were in a car accident, or a heavy bookcase fell on you, or a demon ripped out your uterus, or something and you were reborn as a different person in an alternate universe while retaining your basic skill set?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What kind of isekai hero(ine) are you?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 05:43:07 AM »
2000s isekai I guess.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
I would say a 2000s isekai. Having a different body then my current one but retaining all that I am whilst getting something new (again, new body) seems the most appealing to me.

But the earliest forms of isekai was probably 1983's Seisenshi Dunbine. We also have 1993's Magic Knight Rayearth. Outside of Japan you have 1982's TRON and 1865's Alice in Wonderland.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:05:18 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 02:08:40 AM »
I wonder what brought this up? Waffle's fanfic?

To answer the question, 2000s isekai.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 04:15:33 AM »
Not a damned thing, though I used to have a recurring nightmare/dream where I fought this tall pale bald guy in trenchcoat in another realm, but never got the chance to beat him or his minions as I'd wake up. The images of that nightmare/dream would stay burnt into my mind and I'd see images of the dream on the walls in my dark room, and it would take either minutes to finally stop, or stop instantly the moment I'd turn the light on.

Nope, nothing 90's, or 2000's with me, I go 80's. Though that same tall pale bald bastard would haunt other dreams I'd have, never got to kill him and play hero though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:17:13 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 02:10:21 PM »
I wonder what brought this up?

Watching / reading Cautious Hero

Tags: