Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: iPad  (Read 3856 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
so who here on the forum owns one? Or if not you maybe a family member or friend? what do you think about it?

i got the latest ipod touch so I prolly won't get an ipad.. It's cool tech though but if i find one for cheap from craigslist or somethin, i might get one. Who knows.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:00:48 AM »
I don't own any apple product as I am fine with my PC. The things that bother me with apples is that you are forced to rely on tech help and that the products they make are limited to apple hardware and software alike. With a PC you quickly become intimate with both the hardware and software of your PC of choice so that you can essentially 'do it yourself'. That and they are vastly more versatile in both hardware and different kinds of software.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »
My brother-in-law owns an iPod touch, but recently he got a Galaxy Tab for my sister (my recommendation).
The Tab is pretty great, but it still doesn't play Flash objects the way a computer does, which I still find irritating as hell.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: iPad
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »
Human Cent-iPad!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
The iPad is an overpriced, oversized iPod. And the iPod is about the shittiest multimedia device imaginable. Apple is all about the image, while screwing the customer, overpricing everything, and keeping people from any sort of advanced use or customization.

Need a part? Wanna upgrade? Come back to Apple, since no third party company is allowed to make parts. Oh and bring your life savings, cause you're about to get RAPED and receive nothing good in return.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »
Human Cent-iPad!

I saw that episode.  Good god, they get away with things in that show.

Also, I agree with UZO, which is why I went with the Galaxy Tab. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
I personally hate iTunes, the way it's set up to handle your music is trash imo. I've had several problems syncing my music, which resulted in losing my library several times, etc. Which is probably why I'll stick with the touch (as long as it lasts & continues to obey me) and skip the iPad. But calling it the shittiest multimedia device ever conceived is exaggerating quite a bit.. there's plenty of worse knock-offs out there, believe me xD

unless one of you can convince me to buy a zune or something?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:53:54 PM by Crisis »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
Yeah, iTunes is one of the biggest reasons I don't like any of their 'i' products. It's bulky, temperamental, unintuitive, and just about the worst program ever. I REFUSE to install it, AND Quicktime, which is FORCED to install with iTunes, and vice versa.

Last time I checked, iTunes was over 80MEGS in size. Absolutely inexcusable. Apple is a joke.

Hell, I got a cheapy MP3 player. You plug it in, opens a folder like a USB Flash Drive, copy songs to drive, folders and all, and that's it. No shitTunes, no syncing, NOTHING. Just load and play, like it should be. It's been yeas and it still works (replaced by other devices by now), worked great, and had awesome battery life. Was less than any iPod model out there.

Now I have an Android phone, same idea. Plug in, copy, play. No bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:46:57 PM by uzo »

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: iPad
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »
I have an iPod. Why would I need an iPad? God it's the same fucking thing, only it's bigger! Why would I want that when my iPod can do anything that the pad' can do, but with the convenience of being able to fit in my pocket? When apple decides to put flash on it, then maybe I'll get interested but it still won't warrant a buy from me. Apple in general is a pain in the ass to deal with, which is why I might switch to a droid myself eventually.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:59:51 PM »
Quote from: uzo
Hell, I got a cheapy MP3 player. You plug it in, opens a folder like a USB Flash Drive, copy songs to drive, folders and all, and that's it. No shitTunes, no syncing, NOTHING. Just load and play, like it should be. It's been yeas and it still works (replaced by other devices by now), worked great, and had awesome battery life. Was less than any iPod model out there.

What's it called? I need to buy something else as a back-up (since the iTouch isn't 100% trustworthy..)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
Just go to any tech store  and ask the counter about MP3 players. They'll know what you're talking about and show you the different types available. There are many kinds and some might interest you while others might not. It all depends on what you want really.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 11:25:59 PM »
What's it called? I need to buy something else as a back-up (since the iTouch isn't 100% trustworthy..)

I've got my SanDisk Sansa mp3 player. Great device. Very reliable, easy to use, smaller than the ipod so it can be used for jogging.
Got it for 2, maybe 3 years already. The battery is still strong, USB-rechargeable, plus can add memory to it, with micro-SanDisk chips.
No itunes required or any of that syncing bullcrap. Just use the good-old drag & drop technique from your PC.
Also, probably 5 times cheaper than an Ipod.
I highly recommend it!!  8)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 03:25:46 AM »
Between a my laptop and smartphone, I don't really see a need for a tablet, although I think the Galaxy Tab looks awesome.

I do agree with uzo about Apple, though. I have an 80GB ipod classic that replaced a 30GB that was stolen several years back. It definitely hasn't lasted: the center button works when it wants to, the play button doesn't work at all, the forward button often skips through 2 or 3 songs with one press, and I've had to reset and reinstall a few times. And I don't even want to talk about itunes or the DRM on the songs from their store (which I bought about $80 worth of music before finding out).

I'm thinking of using my Droid X as my mp3 player, but then I have to spend about $100 on a micro SD that will fit my songs. So I'm using my shitty ipod for now.  :-\
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 06:48:01 AM »

This was like 6 or 7 years ago. I doubt it's still in production.

Just go to any tech store  and ask the counter about MP3 players. They'll know what you're talking about and show you the different types available. There are many kinds and some might interest you while others might not. It all depends on what you want really.

-X

What he said.

Tags:

anything