Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: need help identifying this character  (Read 2263 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »
+1
Can anyone tell me who this is supposed to be?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
That character doesn't ring any bells however her uniform reminds me of the ones I've seen in an anime called 'Excel Saga'. I could be wrong but have a look anyways.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
Nah it's not Excel Saga. They wear unitards and jumpsuits. The buckle/sash around this girl's front aren't in Excel Saga. The style looks familiar, lfrom some generic sci-fi anime I'd say. I'll maybe look into it. I haven't watched much anime in recent years or played many console games.

On a side note, Google's "Visually Similar Images" function is... pretty fun with Adult Mode enabled.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:44:45 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
She's vaguely familiar, but I can't place her...maybe a character from Slayers, Sorcerer Hunters, or some other fantasy anime like that. Maybe Suikoden or some other fantasy videogame too.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
+1
Slayers was my first thought, but the outfit is wrong. Naga is about the only one with the really whacked out costume. Everyone else dresses in robes because it's a DnD parody.

Doesn't look like anyone I've seen in Sorcerer Hunters, but the fantasy genre I can see too. But she looks more like a video game character to me...

Is that a figure you have or is that one you saw somewhere? Did you take the pic yourself or find it on the web? If you found it, where at? The leotard and shoulder pads are too common of a feature in anime and games to narrow down just by outfit.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
+1
I own the figure myself. The thing is, she came with a little 2" female angel cherub figure with shoulder pads, long wings & long purple hair. I bought it yeeeears ago at this game store called Software Etc. (formally Babbages, now they all formed into Gamestop). I looked at the bottom of the figure for any leads on where it was made & all I can see is ©TRON, MADE IN CHINA. I'm certain it's gotta be from some type of anime..

She has a companion character I bought too, although the pieces to him are missing. He had brown hair, a purple/red uniform and a sword I believe. I would take a picture of him too but like I said I only possess his torso at the moment.

I appreciate the help guys

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:16:51 PM »
Take a pic of the cherubs and the boy.  They may reveal some vital clues.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything