Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My likes of the castlevanias  (Read 12149 times)

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
this is all the games i played that castlevania, and what i think they are to,

excelent- lords of shadows, mirror of fate, sure lords of shadows 2
very good- castlevania 1, 3, 4, cronicles x68000, haunted castle, but today this games not look good because they are old
bad- games for nintendo 64, for playstatoin 2, games for gameboy 1 they are very bad
very bad- castlevania 2 so boring and confuse, symphony of the night the worst
horrible- games for gameboy advance and nintendo ds, i don't play them never because symphony of the night i don't like it this are the same, they all copy of symphony of the night, but worst

it must be one people for the less, in the all forum, that think like me.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
I would say Aria of Sorrow is as good as Symphony of the Night. I don't want to say better... but as far as atmosphere goes, I feel it has much thicker atmosphere than even Symphony had.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55:44 AM »
Chances are exceedingly low that anyone will agree completely with any other person's opinion on every game in the series.  There are well over 20 Castlevania games.  I don't see that it matters much how many people do or don't agree with you.

But I'll bite. I don't like the LoS games for various reasons I won't bother to go over.  Don't wanna start a war.

I'm gonna warn you in advance that I've always been better at pointing out what I don't like than what I do like. Ridiculously large amount of text below, and it's not even brushing on my full thoughts on ANY of the games, so...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:41:17 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:27 AM »
I love both the Sorrow games and SOTN. The tactical soul system (sorrow games), spell combos (sotn), weapon and food collections... both games appeal to the collector in me. Plus, I like my protagonists have a lot of weapons at their disposal. I don't mind the backtracking, since I am so busy getting everything.
I played those games so many times, in different versions. I think I played AoS the most though (in Japanese, English, cellphone, several times each hehehe).

I don't think I have a Castlevania game that I really really hate.

In response to Gaawa-chan,
Here is a link for Order of Shadows, if you want to download the game to your phone.
http://java.mob.org/game/castlevania_order_of_shadows.html

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 02:33:44 AM »
In response to Gaawa-chan,
Here is a link for Order of Shadows, if you want to download the game to your phone.
http://java.mob.org/game/castlevania_order_of_shadows.html

I appreciate the link, truly, but there's just one problem; I don't have a phone! XD

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:17:21 AM »
You can emulate Java Cellphone games (thats how I've played Order of Shadows), I've liked your review (read even the GameFAQs one, since its about HoDiss) :P

You should fix that:
Portrait of Ruin. I don't think the art in this game was as bad as the art in PoR.

You compared PoR with... PoR? Wtf? lol
I think that you are going to compare PoR with DoS at that moment.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 03:40:56 AM »
You can emulate Java Cellphone games (thats how I've played Order of Shadows), I've liked your review (read even the GameFAQs one, since its about HoDiss) :P

Hmm... I'll keep that in mind for this weekend...

You should fix that:
You compared PoR with... PoR? Wtf? lol
I think that you are going to compare PoR with DoS at that moment.

Oh, geez. D: Thanks. XD

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 03:57:26 AM »
I'm moving this to "Classic Castlevania Threads".
This is an opinion post that is basically "These are my favorite games and why".

People will inevitably reply with their own lists, but this has been done before.
So yeah, I'm moving it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:42:14 AM »
In category, as the original list:

* My all-time favourites: Portrait of Ruin, Order of Eclessia, Symphony of the Night, Curse of Darkness, Rondo of Blood, Aria of Sorrow, Legacy of Darkness, Castlevania II, Dracula's Shadow.
* I love: Lament of Innocence, Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Bloodlines, Chronicles X68000, The Adventure Rebirth, Quest.
* I like: Dawn of Sorrow, Nocturne in the Moonlight, Vampire Killer, CV 1, CV 3, SCV 4, Dracula X (SNES), The Adventure, Belmont's Revenge, Legends, Reverie (DLC), Haunted Castle, Dracula Kid NES, Dracula Kid GB, Serio's Fighter, Vampire, Super Vampire Killer 4, Haunted Castle 2 and 3, Ieyasu and many other fan games I don't remember right now.
* I don't like them that much, but I still enjoy some things about them while playing (hey, at least it's Castlevania): Harmony of Despair, Judgment, Resurrection (DLC), Order of Shadows, Mirror of Fate, Lords of Shadow, Aria of Sorrow mobile, Dawn of Sorrow mobile, Quest Horror.
* I didn't play but I'd love to: Pachislot 1, 2 and 3, The Arcade, The Medal, Encore of the Night, Resurrection (Dreamcast).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
why they critic the list i writed and they like order of shadows but dont like games of mercurysteam, i dont understand this.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
why they critic the list i writed and they like order of shadows but dont like games of mercurysteam, i dont understand this.

I don't think I've seen anyone here say that they LIKE Order of Shadows; if they did, they were pulling your leg.  You know, joking?

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
they are joking what they sayed they dont like cox games?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
They are joking because they dont like Order of Shadows,
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 11:34:47 PM »
But they are true what dont like lords of shadows, that wasnt jokes so, they hate it and hate cox and mercurysteam and now they people hate marquez, they laugh to him and insuld him in other topic.........spain games, i wish poeples was joking.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 12:41:20 AM »
But they are true what dont like lords of shadows, that wasnt jokes so, they hate it and hate cox and mercurysteam and now they people hate marquez, they laugh to him and insuld him in other topic.........spain games

Okay, let's try this again.

You dislike the SotN-like games, right?  Those games were made by Japanese people in Japan.  Does this mean that you hate all of Japan, or all of Japan's games?

Disliking something from a country does not mean you hate that country. There are plenty of games and other things that have come from the USA and Japan that I don't like but that isn't some sort of smear against the countries themselves, and the same goes for stuff made in Spain.

Some people don't like a game two two made by people from your home country. So what?  Some people don't like the attitudes of some of the people from Mercurysteam.  So what?  What other people think of Lords of Shadow should not be something you take so personally; it's not like you were in any way involved in the creation of Lords of Shadow.  You don't know David Cox.  You don't know José Luis Márquez.  You don't have a personal stake in anything that is said about them, any more than I have a personal stake in anything that is said about any American in the game industry.  I think Sarah Palin is a moron and a disgrace; did I just insult the entire USA?  No!

This has been explained to you multiple times and I know you understand it; you're just ignoring it because you don't want to admit that the people who disagree with you might have valid reasons for doing so.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:43:43 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Tags:

anything